Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-11-08, 04:59 PM   #1
CaptnStubing

Default List the WoW classes that need to be nerfed or buffed

List the classes you think need to be fixed to keep this game balanced and why they need to be fixed.

I have my opinions but I'll wait till later to pipe in.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-08, 05:24 PM   #2
Tr1cK
not coming back

Default Re: List the WoW classes that need to be nerfed or buffed

Buff Druids! Don't you agree Capt?

Srsly, my new toon is a human Warrior. I hope we get some decent loving in WOTLK.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-08, 06:25 PM   #3
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post

Quote:
Srsly, my new toon is a human Warrior. I hope we get some decent loving in WOTLK.
I think warriors are the most well rounded class. I played a tank for a couple of years when WoW first came out and they had a bunch of problems but half way through my second year they really fixed warriors up nice.

Warriors can do a ton of damage in PVP if they get the gear. If they don't have gear I will stomp them and that is the point. For a warrior to be really good he is completely dependent on gear. So I give them major kudos when they have the gear because they took a beating to get it and lord knows it takes a long time to get that gear.

Oh and I am working on a pally to PVP with. I need one toon that can take damage and keep people busy for a long time. My shadow priest just gets eaten up by melee classes. Oddly enough though I do not get killed by druids that much. For one they don't stick around long enough to see if they win. Secondly I can usually stay alive at the flag till I get help. I just can't kill them tho.
Old 08-11-08, 06:49 PM   #4
newfiejudd

I think Rogues need to be taken down a notch. With sap and every other way they can stun you and still do DMG. Or maybe it's just me but I hate rogues.
EVGA GTX 280(Soon to be SLI)
4 Gigs of Corsair 8500
Vista 32/ Vista 64
Cosmos S Case
X-Fi Extreme Gamer
TT Extreme 120
newfiejudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08, 08:51 PM   #5
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiejudd View Post
I think Rogues need to be taken down a notch. With sap and every other way they can stun you and still do DMG. Or maybe it's just me but I hate rogues.
maybe its just that you hate rogues
I play a 70 rogue and god damn even I hate them and...they do get a biyt of a knock in WOTLK.....just a bit.

but who do I think needs a serious knock...
LOCKS!!!!!!

Am I wrong?
Am I?

At least remove ONE of thier fears perhaps....or maybe death coil??????
I hate locks.
Old 08-12-08, 08:54 PM   #6
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post

I think warriors are the most well rounded class. I played a tank for a couple of years when WoW first came out and they had a bunch of problems but half way through my second year they really fixed warriors up nice.

Warriors can do a ton of damage in PVP if they get the gear. If they don't have gear I will stomp them and that is the point. For a warrior to be really good he is completely dependent on gear. So I give them major kudos when they have the gear because they took a beating to get it and lord knows it takes a long time to get that gear.

Oh and I am working on a pally to PVP with. I need one toon that can take damage and keep people busy for a long time. My shadow priest just gets eaten up by melee classes. Oddly enough though I do not get killed by druids that much. For one they don't stick around long enough to see if they win. Secondly I can usually stay alive at the flag till I get help. I just can't kill them tho.
I have a 70 spriest and I love her.....granted shes a raiding toon but I remeber in the PVP days when I took screen shots of her topping damage!!
I always put it down to the fact that she could do massive amounts of damage from a fair distance...and by the time the player had realised what was going on...he was almost dead
Old 08-13-08, 05:56 AM   #7
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
List the classes you think need to be fixed to keep this game balanced and why they need to be fixed.

I have my opinions but I'll wait till later to pipe in.

They're all cheese in certain situations.
Old 08-13-08, 10:02 AM   #8
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish View Post
I have a 70 spriest and I love her.....granted shes a raiding toon but I remeber in the PVP days when I took screen shots of her topping damage!!
I always put it down to the fact that she could do massive amounts of damage from a fair distance...and by the time the player had realised what was going on...he was almost dead
This is why shadow priests are always targeted first. Sure you can take out a shadow priest fairly easily but when they are in the back ground they chew people up. This is why I play mine as a support class in PVP.

Old 08-13-08, 01:03 PM   #9
kazna

Mages are looking quite impressive again in raid dps in WotLK. Both Arcane and Elementalist builds seem very strong. Warriors are up for another round of changes, so its sorta moot to comment on their changes.

Played a mage for 3 years, but recently quit raiding and rolled a warrior for Arena. Its a nice change of pace, but it sucks to know that just like Naxx 1.0, I'll never see Sunwell as intended.

I'm quite happy with what Blizzard has done to all classes. Lifebloom getting knocked down a peg, Arcane shot no longer dispelling, etc. Much needed balance.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish View Post
I play a 70 rogue and god damn even I hate them...

At least remove ONE of thier fears perhaps....or maybe death coil??????
I hate locks.
Hate to break it to ya, but locks are mega squishy in Arena. If you're having trouble in a 1v1 situation with them then you need to go back to rogue school. lol

Edit:

Armory links go! All my toons are on Shadowsong.

Mage: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...owsong&n=Anzak
Shaman (usually enhancement): http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...owsong&n=Kazna
Warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Mightytonka
kazna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-08, 07:18 AM   #10
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
Now thats what I'm talking about

But truthfully, druids are just...incredibly broken. Now keep in mind broken doesn't mean they suck, not in the slightest.

As resto in arena I cyclone 3 times, feral charge interrupt, bash, root 3 times, cyclone 3 times, rinse repeat...I can basically keep almost anything I want locked down forever and when I do get cc'ed my hots keep ticking so its not as if I am missing anything during this.

As feral in world pvp or bg's...just pvp in tank gear. Ooh mr. huntard just aimed shot crit me for 400hp, too bad my mangle crit just healed me for 600 and hit him for 1500. Only about 40 more aimed shot crits and he might come close to killing me, except he'll be dead long before then.

If those aren't good examples of being overpowered, then I don't know what is. One thing is for sure though, I love my druid so much that I get bored each time I try to make an alt and never gotten any of them past level 10. I just know that when I get to 70 I'll get killed by certain other classes...but I'll kill anything with my druid.

EDIT: My armory links:

My current build (restokin):

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...oast&n=Rakeesh

Feral tank build cached on be.imba:

http://be.imba.hu/?zone=US&realm=The...racter=Rakeesh

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-08, 08:33 AM   #11
kazna

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post
But truthfully, druids are just...incredibly broken. Now keep in mind broken doesn't mean they suck, not in the slightest.
Since I don't play a druid I haven't followed their wotlk talents that closely, but I did notice they're making feral charge the 21 feral talent. That alone would really help reduce a druids ability to lock down someone if the 51 point resto talent is a must have thing.
kazna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-08, 10:43 AM   #12
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post
Now thats what I'm talking about

As resto in arena I cyclone 3 times, feral charge interrupt, bash, root 3 times, cyclone 3 times, rinse repeat...I can basically keep almost anything I want locked down forever and when I do get cc'ed my hots keep ticking so its not as if I am missing anything during this.

As feral in world pvp or bg's...just pvp in tank gear. Ooh mr. huntard just aimed shot crit me for 400hp, too bad my mangle crit just healed me for 600 and hit him for 1500. Only about 40 more aimed shot crits and he might come close to killing me, except he'll be dead long before then.

If those aren't good examples of being overpowered, then I don't know what is. One thing is for sure though, I love my druid so much that I get bored each time I try to make an alt and never gotten any of them past level 10. I just know that when I get to 70 I'll get killed by certain other classes...but I'll kill anything with my druid.

EDIT: My armory links:

My current build (restokin):

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...oast&n=Rakeesh

Feral tank build cached on be.imba:

http://be.imba.hu/?zone=US&realm=The...racter=Rakeesh
Finally a druid that is honest. Most druids are sad. All they know is they can do what they want in a BG and it is easy to play a druid. Then they think it is actually their skill that makes them so good. That isn't the case.

I have seen 3 well geared locks dot the crap out of a druid and the druid's hots heal right through all the damage. That is wrong. This class is so over-powered that as Alpha said, they are broken. They completely threw the balance out when the continued to buff up this class.

The druid was intended to be the jack of all trades and master of none. Now a druid can tank better than a warrior except the end boss in the game. He can out heal a priest and do as much damage as a rogue.

The problem now is every whinny bitch of a druid player will complain as they did for years and still do about being brought back into a more balanced class.

Here is how almost all druids play. They either stealth in or charge is as a bear, start beating the crap out of you. If you seem to get the upper hand they run away then try again. They keep doing this and do nothing to help their side. The constant running away is also done in large groups. The moment they see they can't win they run. Total pussy. I have no respect for anyone who runs from a fight. Dying is no big deal. When you rez you get full health and mana. Durr!