Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-14-08, 02:03 PM   #25
CaptnStubing

Default Re: List the WoW classes that need to be nerfed or buffed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182 View Post
why bother with it when you are blind to any other point of view but yours? I seemed to have found a nerve of yours in showing that you are just as big if not bigger complainer than the ones you are accusing.
Huh? You are just as biased as I am. This was a silly comment for you to make. You are one of the very few people who think druids are not over powered. In fact you get offended because I think they are over powered. It is just a class. I played a warrior during the BETA and it was a god like class. Way over powered and then they fixed them. You didn't see me saying qq more we are not over powered.

I
Quote:
f you think its soo easy, then roll a druid and prove it. Prove to me that they are not gear dependent and easy owns.
Why should I when everyone in my guild who has druids laugh at how easy it is. I have helped leveled up 7 druids with my friends and they love how easy it is.

Quote:
For someone who is trying to act the big tough guy you certainly are acting very childish over my "juvenile" "qq more noob"
That is what you are trying to take out of this because you are offended I dared to talk about your class. Get over your self. It is only a class that needs to be fixed a bit. That is it. This thread is about classes that need to be nerfed or buffed. You are the only one who cried when your class was talked about. Now you want to say I am acting tough? LOL You come in throwing around WoW lingo (which I hate because it makes everyone look like 14 year olds) and getting offended.

If you can't handle this discussion then maybe you shouldn't be here. Alpha didn't fly off the handle. Maybe because he is more secure... than you?
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-08, 02:05 PM   #26
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post
I still to this day get tons of people, especially warriors and hunters, who I know whats going on their head is "Oh look a druid, that should be easy enough to kill," run after me and start hitting, only to have me turn around and wreck them.

and that is why a lot of the wow community is pissed druids have become a powerful class in tbc. You can argue many classes are overpowered depending on what class point of view you come from, but as soon as you take a class that used to suck and make it a viable class people complain.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-08, 02:10 PM   #27
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
If you can't handle this discussion then maybe you shouldn't be here. Alpha didn't fly off the handle. Maybe because he is more secure... than you?
Point taken that yes I got a bit touchy about it. However to be honest if people came in here and did nothing but complain about warriors that things are not as easy as everyone thinks it is.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
Old 08-14-08, 02:10 PM   #28
CaptnStubing

Quote:
and that is why a lot of the wow community is pissed druids have become a powerful class in tbc. You can argue many classes are overpowered depending on what class point of view you come from, but as soon as you take a class that used to suck and make it a viable class people complain.
I wanted you to know this isn't about you personally or me. This is only about the game.
I don't want this to be a pissing match between two people who prolly would get along great. You just happen to be a druid poopoophead.

Quote:
Point taken that yes I got a bit touchy about it. However to be honest if people came in here and did nothing but complain about warriors that things are not as easy as everyone thinks it is.
I understand that. We all take these games way to serious. And I was being a bit of a jerk about the playing style of druids. Still I am the type of player who will stick with the battle till I die. I never run. I do things to be crafty to stay alive longer but I will not just cut and run. That's not my style.

That being said people complain about druids because there is a problem with the class. Again I am not asking for a decrease in their damage. That is fine. They just need a bit of a fine tune to keep them from holding off 4-5 people while killing a couple. That is way to common in this class. Sure a good player with good gear can do this every once in a while. I can hold off a lot of people in the right circumstances but it is rare.

BTW we are both horde. We should be hating Alliance and not each other.
Old 08-14-08, 02:18 PM   #29
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Quote:
I wanted you to know this isn't about you personally or me. This is only about the game.
I don't want this to be a pissing match between two people who prolly would get along great. You just happen to be a druid poopoophead.
tbh my real issue with a lot of this stems from the fact when a lot of this stuff started the druid class forums turned to trash. Used to be a haven of druid help and tips and what not. Now you have every 2nd post about someone QQing about druids. It gets frustrating.

The current mechanics they have in druids IS broken in that if they fix something that would tone down resto druids a bit to make PvP people happy, PvE resto druids or feral/balance druids get boned. The current mechanics they made for druids either make them really good or incredibly worthless.

A lot of this seems to be changing in WoLK, and who knows for the better or worse. Give me a cat form that closes its damn mouth and I will be happy.

edit:
Yes for the horde!
Old 08-14-08, 02:20 PM   #30
Rakeesh

Quote:
BTW we are both horde. We should be hating Alliance and not each other.
LOL on my server there is kind of an honor among gankers, and a select few horde and alliance players have an understanding where we don't really kill each other.

In fact there's this rogue on my server who is in this circle, and one time I walked up to her when in stealth while she was by another ally, revealing myself to her intentionally but not to the other ally and doing a /wave. She returned the /wave and did a /point to the other ally player. Basically this was her signal for me to go for the kill while she just stood by and watched

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-08, 02:26 PM   #31
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post
LOL on my server there is kind of an honor among gankers, and a select few horde and alliance players have an understanding where we don't really kill each other.

In fact there's this rogue on my server who is in this circle, and one time I walked up to her when in stealth while she was by another ally, revealing myself to her intentionally but not to the other ally and doing a /wave. She returned the /wave and did a /point to the other ally player. Basically this was her signal for me to go for the kill while she just stood by and watched
LOL that's funny.

I do the same thing with warriors. Being a former tank when warriors were truly broken I do not bother warriors on the alliance side. In fact I will help them. I know how hard it is to play a warrior and how hard it is to level them up. It is by far the hardest class to play just because they are in each fight for the long haul and no way to get any health back or get enemies off them.
Old 08-14-08, 02:30 PM   #32
CaptnStubing

Quote:
tbh my real issue with a lot of this stems from the fact when a lot of this stuff started the druid class forums turned to trash. Used to be a haven of druid help and tips and what not. Now you have every 2nd post about someone QQing about druids. It gets frustrating.
You mean the WoW froum? Pfft I do not go there. I stepped in there once and ran out 30 IQ points lower.
Quote:
The current mechanics they have in druids IS broken in that if they fix something that would tone down resto druids a bit to make PvP people happy, PvE resto druids or feral/balance druids get boned. The current mechanics they made for druids either make them really good or incredibly worthless.
I still think they will be fine in PVE. The reason being in a raid situation you do not need to do the same kinds of form changing and what not to get out of snares and such.

BTW when I was an off-tank I always demanded a resto druid. This was back when BWL was teh top raid. Everyone knew that resto druids were the best single person healer. My druid and I were the core of our raid. They knew if anything went wrong I would pick up 4 or 5 mobs and my druid would keep me alive. That was good times.

Quote:
A lot of this seems to be changing in WoLK, and who knows for the better or worse. Give me a cat form that closes its damn mouth and I will be happy.
Or just give you a dish of water to quench ur thurst.

Old 08-14-08, 02:37 PM   #33
kazna

Quote:
Now a druid can tank better than a warrior except the end boss in the game.
Negative. Warriors are still stronger MTs for most every encounter. In the early days of TBC raiding, a Druid was better for heavy hitters like Morogrim. Thats it though. Druids also obviously can't tank Illidan as they can't block.

Quote:
He can out heal a priest.
They're very comparable. Priests are stronger on a smaller scale (melee or in-group).

Quote:
and do as much damage as a rogue.
A non glaive rogue in the best BT (not including sunwell) gear puts out around 2200 - 2400 dps on tank and spank encounters. Ferals can put up around 1800 - 2000, but its rare to see.

I agree Druids are OP, but only in one aspect. CC. They have the ability to totally lock down a healer while still throwing hots between cyclones and roots. No class should be able to totally remove another class.
kazna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-08, 02:59 PM   #34
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazna View Post
Negative. Warriors are still stronger MTs for most every encounter. In the early days of TBC raiding, a Druid was better for heavy hitters like Morogrim. Thats it though. Druids also obviously can't tank Illidan as they can't block.
Well for hyjal I seem to be the tank of choice for all of the boss fights. The healers really like the fact that they can completely ignore me for 5 seconds and I won't die all of a sudden from taking two hits in a row, even though I require more healing overall.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-08, 12:13 PM   #35
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Here is how almost all druids play. They either stealth in or charge is as a bear, start beating the crap out of you. If you seem to get the upper hand they run away then try again. They keep doing this and do nothing to help their side. The constant running away is also done in large groups. The moment they see they can't win they run. Total pussy. I have no respect for anyone who runs from a fight. Dying is no big deal. When you rez you get full health and mana. Durr!
Before I quit for good this year after a couple of months getting back into I ran into these idiots, the crap players who can't even do a druid right just run off and hide so they can heal theirselves. I beat the living hell out of one with my warrior and off he ran to hide, happened several times through the battleground.

Druids are the new Shamans
Old 08-15-08, 03:40 PM   #36
Wavern

Druids could be fixed with one change. Add a penalty to form switching other than a pittance of mana.

Here are some thoughts:
5 second silence
3 second stun
10 second root
10% of total mana drained

Or most simple of all.. remove the cleansing ability of shape shifting altogether.

Of course this comes from a rogue that hates tryin' to catch a druid that's pole hump. :P
Wavern is offline   Reply With Quote