Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-30-08, 10:07 PM   #13
ClosetFanBoy
Thorazine shuffle

Default Re: Future Crytek titles will be multi-platform, no more PC exclusives

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
like i said in the other thread, i think EA was "involved" in that decision. Crytek is getting to close to them, it wouldn't suprise me if EA would buy out crytek soon.

EA saw 1 million + sales, decided to throw more money at Crytek to make multi-platform told them to come up with some lame reason to the decision.
Why would they need a lame reason? "Hey we're going mulitplatform so everyone can enjoy our games" Thats not hard is it?

iPhone junkie...
ClosetFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08, 02:09 AM   #14
Bah!

Blaming EA is a cop out, plain and simple.

No one forced Crytek to sign with EA, and if Crytek didn't want to make console games they wouldn't have to...EA can't force them to make one.

Crytek finally woke up like many other developers before them and realized that they would have sold many, many more copies had the game been cross-platform. And as far as Crysis "exceeding expectations", well that makes you feel better right up to the point that you realize that five times as many people are downloading your game than paying for it.

There isn't a single developer worth talking about thats not putting at least some resources into console development these days, because with the cost to make games these days its the smart thing to do.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08, 02:56 AM   #15
Logical

FFS, are developers soooo thick that they have no idea how to beat piracy.

Steam have got it right.....Digitally download the content ffs.

Who's arsed if Crysis goes multiplatform anyway.....the graphics are awesome...the gameplay SUCKS.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08, 03:01 AM   #16
glObalist
working as intended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixteH
FFS, are developers soooo thick that they have no idea how to beat piracy.

Steam have got it right.....Digitally download the content ffs.

Who's arsed if Crysis goes multiplatform anyway.....the graphics are awesome...the gameplay SUCKS.
FYI, all Steam games have been cracked.
Quote:
All MMO's are now baby-school weak. The only good MMO's make your eyes bleed and force you to eat glass. In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles *JUST* to log in.
glObalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08, 06:25 PM   #17
TheManko

People are really lazy, so putting Crysis on steam might make it sell more just because there is an audience that would buy it then because they can't be assed to go to the store or get the Ea downloader. Believe me, those people exist.
TheManko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08, 08:14 PM   #18
ClosetFanBoy
Thorazine shuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManko
People are really lazy, so putting Crysis on steam might make it sell more just because there is an audience that would buy it then because they can't be assed to go to the store or get the Ea downloader. Believe me, those people exist.
This is probably true to an extent. Me? I'm like a dog going for a ride "Go for ride!" Plus I get to scope some pooty tang!

iPhone junkie...
ClosetFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08, 11:04 PM   #19
bacon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by glObalist
FYI, all Steam games have been cracked.

Yea but do they work? Most stories I have heard is they almost never completely work as intended.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-08, 03:25 PM   #20
evox
:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon12
Yea but do they work? Most stories I have heard is they almost never completely work as intended.
All of them work. You don't get updates, so if there's a bug/glitch, you'll be playing with it.

HL2, EP1, EP2, TF2, Portal. All have been cracked and TF2 even has bunch of private servers.
evox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-08, 06:14 PM   #21
AngelGraves13

Today is a good day!

This might mean that it will actually be playable on computers now since they'll have to do A LOT of optimization!
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-08, 03:49 AM   #22
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

Yerli was very confident prior to release preety much anyone with a core 2 duo and a 8800 card could run this game somewhat maxed.. roflmao.
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-08, 06:28 PM   #23
MrTexTure

Quote:
Originally Posted by evox
All of them work. You don't get updates, so if there's a bug/glitch, you'll be playing with it.

HL2, EP1, EP2, TF2, Portal. All have been cracked and TF2 even has bunch of private servers.
Wrong several games have got updates so its not a problem but it may take a bit longer as the groups in the scene do update packs. I have friends who like to show of that he never will buy a game and get everything including all games from Steam.

I know it sucks but it's the truth but hey Steam stops much of the pirates atleats the zero day piracy and thats a very good thing.

I love Steam as it have done wonder selling more Pc Games, even EPIC was shocked that they did sell so many copies as soon they got over there.

Plain and simple Steam rocks
MrTexTure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-08, 12:06 AM   #24
Intel17
Is not an Intel fanboi

Oh, well, isn't this just great? I just hope that they don't sacrifice the visual fidelity of their future titles to conform to console standards.

Whatever. I'm gettin' too damn old for games anyway, and as soon as PC gaming dies, so does my interest.
Intel Core i7 980X Extreme Edition @ 4.00GHz, 2.94GHz uncore| Corsair H60 | ASUS P6X58D-E | Zotac GTX 580 @ 872/1744/2145|Western Digital Caviar Black 1.5TB (Games/Steam)| Seagate 1.5TB (media/misc.) |Seagate 1 TB (OS/Main) | 24 GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1.5V DDR3-1333 | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Sennheiser HD 202 Headset | Dual Gigabit Realtek LAN | Antec True Power Quattro 1200W | Acer G235Hbmbd 23" LCD Display | Logitech K320 Wireless Keyboard | Logitech Performance MX Mouse
Intel17 is offline   Reply With Quote