Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-13-08, 02:00 AM   #1
mojoman0

Default Crysis Wars Revealed

Quote:
Warhead Pre-Order at EA Store - Crysis Wars Revealed
The DVD version of Crysis Warhead is now available for pre-order at EA Store with a price of $29.95.

The game description reveals Crysis Wars, an expansion of Crysis' multiplayer (included in Crysis Warhead), with new online-modes and 21 maps of which 7 are new. Another new revelation is that the Warhead single player campaign will feature "all-new ally squad support".

Quote from the game description:

* Pulse-racing new installment from 2007's PC Game of the Year*: Play as Sergeant Sykes and experience a whole new side of the battle. A standard combat mission behind enemy lines becomes critical when you discover your enemies have captured something of vital importance to the ensuing war. It’s down to you to retrieve the cargo, at any cost.
* More explosive and dynamic minute to minute game play: new customizable weapons, new vehicles, new photorealistic locations to explore, and a fully interactive war zone to dominate.
* Enhanced human and alien AI: Intelligent enemies, bigger challenges, and all-new ally squad support.
* Includes Crysis Wars®, an expanded new multiplayer experience with new online modes and 21 maps including seven all-new maps to battle it out against other players.
* Crysis Warhead is a standalone release and does not require ownership of Crysis to play.
http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?op...sk=view&id=677

I hope they integrate the multiplayer with Crysis so that the multiplayer community grows.
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-08, 07:05 AM   #2
Igor Vitaly
*BANNED*

Default Re: Crysis Wars Revealed

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36323.html

Igor Vitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-08, 07:18 AM   #3
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Rocks still not looking good. They should change their config : D. But the main thing that MP needs is maps for 64 players. Some maps are so huge that there is really hard to find some action.
Old 07-15-08, 09:46 AM   #4
Igor Vitaly
*BANNED*

Atleast they look decent and good due the advanced shader layers at a couple of meters distance. Sure there are other PC games with better resolution and such but not with this huge graphical tech scop. And on consoles one woud be happy if the textures look decent at 10+ meters distance if even that!...

Though 1GB cards should shine good if this is modded to use more 2048x2048 shader detail textures.
Old 07-15-08, 04:59 PM   #5
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Hope this one will be more fun than original Crysis. I got bored half-way through. Graphically, it's beautiful but gameplay isn't. Only thing I like about Crysis is be able to run anywhere on island, like in Far Cry.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-08, 05:56 PM   #6
Igor Vitaly
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan View Post
Hope this one will be more fun than original Crysis. I got bored half-way through. Graphically, it's beautiful but gameplay isn't. Only thing I like about Crysis is be able to run anywhere on island, like in Far Cry.
Well the gameplay is a mather of taste, like I found Halo3 and MGS4 to be very boring and dull for the most parts (and ugly looking). Different expectations, I like more advanced gameplay like Crysis, Stalker etc with great AI and decent to good storyline (I accept black holes in the storyline to for a certain %)!

*smacks myself on the head* rofl
Old 07-16-08, 12:21 AM   #7
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Wow the explosions in that trailer are incredible.
Old 07-16-08, 01:57 AM   #8
mojoman0

yea thats ridiculously awesome looking. The rocks def could use some work tho
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-08, 12:59 PM   #9
Igor Vitaly
*BANNED*

OMG Crysis Warhead running at high settings on a 600$ target spec PC!

Looks effin unbelievable, if it wasnt for the hud I would say CG...

http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?op...sk=view&id=684
Old 08-01-08, 08:27 AM   #10
Igor Vitaly
*BANNED*

Crysis Warhead will feature 4 graphic settings levels, 3 of them are Mainstream (medium), Gamer (high), Enthusiast (very high). This sounds like its inline with the 'Crysis Warhead certified' PC lineup EA will offer, woot!

Community Q&A

Quote:
6. Can we expect more polygons to be used on objects, better textures and a better optimized game than in Crysis? (Baggibox, Crysis-HQ.com)

Answer: In Warhead we use the most recent CryENGINE2 version which is further optimized. It is possible now to show more overall action on the screen such as explosions, AI enemies, objects and more with an increased frame rate.
Quote:
15. Will we be seeing any improvements in the "vehicular damage" system? (Jiggles, Crysis-Online.com)

Answer: For both Warhead singleplayer and multiplayer we looked into the vehicle code and improved it in various areas. We improved the physics for almost every vehicle and also adjusted the proxy settings which are responsible for the collisions and the respective damage settings. We wanted the vehicles to behave more realistically, but still in an area where they are really fun to drive. So we tried to balance both realism and fun gameplay.
Quote:
21. Will there be a broader range of enemies in this game? (I am scientist, InCrysis.com)

Answer: During the Warhead campaign we have prepared a few surprises for you, but it is better to play the game for yourself when it is released to see what kind of challenge awaits you there.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37789.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37793.html
Old 08-18-08, 03:51 PM   #11
XDanger
Whaaat?

The video gives me a horrible feeling the koreans will be saying the exact same ****e as in crysis.
FarCry had the enemies having full conversations about the atkins diet and stuff ffs.

Object control is very crappy in Crysis ,I would have hoped they could have Half Life 2'd it up in some way,

I want to be able to slap the koreans to death with the frozen fish or a live chicken!!!

This is a half-baked mod, Crytek can go bollocks.
Old 08-18-08, 04:00 PM   #12
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDanger View Post
The video gives me a horrible feeling the koreans will be saying the exact same ****e as in crysis.
FarCry had the enemies having full conversations about the atkins diet and stuff ffs.
DIE DIE!!

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote