|08-18-08, 04:33 PM||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2008
SOLUTION- Geforce MX440 tv-out
running on debian etch
here's my dirty hack to make my tv-out working so the i can watch a movie on my tv from linux. the geforce mx440 cannot display both screens at the same time so... there's probably a better way of doing this but it worked for me....
1. as root, copy your /etc/X11/xorg.conf to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.crt
2. as root, run nvidia-settings
3. click on X Server Display Configuration
4. click on TV and choose configure
5. choose Seperate X Screen, ok
6. click on your monitor and choose configure
7. choose Disabled, disable..
8. click Save to X configuration file
9. as root, copy your /etc/X11/xorg.conf to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.tv
now you can either create a script to switch the config around, or do it manually..
so lets say you need the tv, as root delete xorg.conf and copy xorg.conf.tv to xorg.conf or if you need the monitor, delete xorg.conf and copy xorg.conf.crt to xorg.conf
i hope it help somebody.
|08-18-08, 04:38 PM||#2|
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Netherlands, Europe
Re: SOLUTION- Geforce MX440 tv-out
Note you can also just launch a second Xserver, so that you don't have to rename anything. e.g. startx -- :1 -config /etc/X11/xorg.custom (depending on whether you are root you need the full path or not)
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|What You Can Expect From GeForce GRID||News||Archived News Items||0||06-04-12 04:20 PM|
|Enhance Max Payne 3, Diablo III with GeForce R300 Drivers||News||Archived News Items||0||05-22-12 06:30 PM|
|New GPU from Nvidia Announced Today, the GeForce GTX 670||News||Archived News Items||0||05-10-12 01:50 PM|
|Gainward Unleashes the Sexy GeForce GTX 670 Phantom Graphics Card, Also launches the||News||Archived News Items||0||05-10-12 09:28 AM|