Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-19-08, 09:04 AM   #25
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Default Re: World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Good lord how long has it been since you've played WoW?

Ret Pallies are doing some pretty respectable damage these days and in Wrath they're going to be a full-fledged DPS class complete with crowd control for instances.
we have a holy pally that goes emo every now and then and specs ret and does very competative damage. I mean its nothing like the two top hunters in the guild...(be nice to beat them again in dps)
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-08, 12:00 PM   #26
firehawk

PvP has offically ruined WoW for me

too many people trying to bring there pvp gear and mentality into PvE raids.
Its damn near impossible to find decent players that know what threat and aggro is anymore. just wack it untill it turns on you then bitch the healer out for not healing you

hopeing Wotlk can bring me back into it...
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-08, 12:49 PM   #27
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit View Post
WoW was fun pre-BC, back when I would do the 40-man Blackwing lair runs once a week.

Last time I logged on, the only things "happening" were giant PvP "Duuurrrrr" fests. A bunch of shaman and warlocks running around beating the hell out of every other class.
Huh? Shammies can only kill priests and other clothies. Locks are easy to kill (if you are a shadow priest like me). The problem is dr00ds. When ever we see a dr00t in a battleground we yell out BOSS FIGHT!
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-08, 12:50 PM   #28
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
PvP has offically ruined WoW for me

too many people trying to bring there pvp gear and mentality into PvE raids.
Its damn near impossible to find decent players that know what threat and aggro is anymore. just wack it untill it turns on you then bitch the healer out for not healing you

hopeing Wotlk can bring me back into it...
Raiding sucks goat balls. PVP is where it's at.

When I do go on a raid I use my raid gear and my raid skillZ. I gots both skillZ.
Old 08-19-08, 12:54 PM   #29
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I gave up just as we were clearing Ragnaros and came back to he Burning Crusade, and it was just disapointing.
Old 08-19-08, 01:10 PM   #30
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit View Post
Last time I logged in was over a year ago...so things may have changed.
Oh yeah. Locks still hurt but everyone has caught up to them. They still demolish warriors tho.
Druids are the new gods of WoW. They have been for a year now.
Old 08-19-08, 01:31 PM   #31
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
When I do go on a raid I use my raid gear and my raid skillZ. I gots both skillZ.
But that's unpossible, it says so on the WoW forums!
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-08, 01:59 PM   #32
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
But that's unpossible, it says so on the WoW forums!
LOL! Forums are teh troof

Old 08-19-08, 08:02 PM   #33
firehawk

Quote:
Raiding sucks goat balls. PVP is where it's at.

Meh...my battlegroup is a bunch of tards that gives up when they cant seem to figure out how to play their classes with one another. it just ends up a bitchfest...BG's has sucked balls for about a year. Problem is everyone does it now because it easy gear and OMGZ EPICS!!! no one wants to actually work at high lvl raiding and when they do they have nothing but pvp gear... if i see another holy pally in all merc gear in MH saying OOM again...
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-08, 11:13 AM   #34
Mr.Schme

ive quit wow twice, can back twice. in the process of quitting a third time but only time can tell. but an expansion is a damn good incentive.

warhammer looks like a wow-clone except the characters look more disfigured and out of proportioned. from the trailer at least. gameplay doesnt even seem that great.

i'm just sayin'
Mr.Schme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-08, 11:55 AM   #35
kazna

Quote:
Oh yeah. Locks still hurt but everyone has caught up to them. They still demolish warriors tho.
Warriors are the anti lock. Always have been. Sub rogues are a close second, but the fear immunity of warriors combined with MS to keep their SL and Drain Life in check allows them to just rape locks. This coming from a warrior.

Warriors have a major counter though, its the same one they've always had. Frost mages.

Druids can spec into feral charge and get a perma CC rotation going. While I think this is fine, the real problem is that they can maintain healing on their partner while doing it. This is what makes druids OP in 2v2 Arena. Their presence in 3v3 and 5v5 is much smaller. Druids serve a key role in PvE as well, but they're hardly OP.

PVP has made leaps and bounds from launch which basically didn't have a PVP system. Battleground ranks were fun, but it wasn't skill dependent. Some of the worst players I ever met were rank 14. Arena changed all that though. While yes, you can get easy epics by losing 10 games a week, but to actually compete in higher brackets (1800+) it takes extensive knowledge of your class and how to counter every other class. Arena is easily the most skill dependent part of the game.

That said, PVP simply can't keep my interest. I can't simply login to Arena for a couple hours a day. I miss raiding, the sense of accomplishment for getting top 100 US kills was great. Yes, it was a huge time investment even outside of raiding, but I enjoyed every minute of it. Sadly my job doesn't allow me to raid so after nearly 4 years I'm considering just quitting.

After 310 days play on my mage.
After 53 days played on my shaman.
After 26 days played on my warrior.

Over a year spent playing. That's quite depressing.
kazna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-08, 12:46 PM   #36
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazna View Post
After 310 days play on my mage.
After 53 days played on my shaman.
After 26 days played on my warrior.

Over a year spent playing. That's quite depressing.

I don't want to look. I agree in the Raiding though, there is a great joy in downing a new boss with a bunch of friends.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote