Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-12-08, 11:59 AM   #73
DansFace

Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
Don't!

At least, don't do it until its been out for a bit. I've wasted a few hundred bucks on MMOs that were supposed to be "the next big thing" only to have them crap out and start dying a slow death after the first month. Most recently, it has been AoC, before that Tabula Rasa, and numerous others prior.

Developers are too dumb to realize that they have to compete with WoW, which is pretty polished after 4 years. The excuse of, "it's new, WoW had problems when it was new" can't hold water these days. People don't want to go through growing pains in another MMO when they already have lived through it with WoW.

IMO, the ONLY MMO that comes close to WoW, right now, in polish and what it delivers is LOTRO which isn't an option for many since the PvP is rather limited.

Tr1ck I would completely agree with you, but when mythic launched Dark Age of Camelot a few years ago(maybe more :P) The launch went very well.. You can read that in the reviews

This is the only thing that is holding me on. And mostly I would like to start with something new that still has plenty of surprises in it for me and my buddies

i5 2500k @ 5.0 GHZ cooled with a H70, ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) , Radeon 6970 2GB, X-Fi Music, and Corsair 650w
DansFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08, 12:20 PM   #74
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJuanlo View Post
+1, LOTRO launch was really polished, and today is a very solid MMO. New content is added every 2 months, you always have plenty of things to do
Come to think of it, their release was nearly flawless. I never had a problem, except the game got boring after a month. Oh well if I get a month out of these MMO, I consider that getting my money's worth because usually the first month is free.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08, 01:15 PM   #75
DansFace

Also is the PvP a jump and strafe fest like it is in WoW? Sometimes I feel like i'm playing quake :\

i5 2500k @ 5.0 GHZ cooled with a H70, ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) , Radeon 6970 2GB, X-Fi Music, and Corsair 650w
Old 08-12-08, 01:57 PM   #76
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DansFace View Post
Also is the PvP a jump and strafe fest like it is in WoW? Sometimes I feel like i'm playing quake :\
There isn't any reason to jump in WoW unless you are a ADD 14 year old who thinks it cool and can't keep his hands still for more than 2 seconds.

I hate the jumping in WoW. Bunch of dumb ass sheep copying other people. Mages started the ****ing jumping because it would increase the radius of their AoE. It doesn't do that any more but people still jump because they need to be slapped like the bitches they are.

I'm just saying
Old 08-12-08, 01:59 PM   #77
DansFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
There isn't any reason to jump in WoW unless you are a ADD 14 year old who thinks it cool and can't keep his hands still for more than 2 seconds.

I hate the jumping in WoW. Bunch of dumb ass sheep copying other people. Mages started the ****ing jumping because it would increase the radius of their AoE. It doesn't do that any more but people still jump because they need to be slapped like the bitches they are.

I'm just saying
heh agreed.
I can't stand it when i'm trying to dual someone and there just running and jumping around me...
Gives me a head ache

Old 08-12-08, 02:36 PM   #78
CybrSage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DansFace View Post
People definately move around, trying to stay out of magic's cone of fire. There are many ways to get around that, so it is no big deal.

In a one on one battle it makes a difference. In a larger battle it does not seem to help.
Old 08-12-08, 03:04 PM   #79
DansFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by CybrSage View Post
People definately move around, trying to stay out of magic's cone of fire. There are many ways to get around that, so it is no big deal.

In a one on one battle it makes a difference. In a larger battle it does not seem to help.
hmmmm i'll think i'll preorder this weekend to get into the open beta to see how i enjoy it

Old 08-12-08, 03:06 PM   #80
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post

I'm just saying
Aren't you a lock? That would explain the just stand there and melt people strategy?
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-08, 03:50 PM   #81
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
Aren't you a lock? That would explain the just stand there and melt people strategy?
Shadow Priest
Old 08-19-08, 04:04 PM   #82
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

The NDA for North America is officially dropped as of today. If anybody has any question regarding the game feel free to ask, and I'll try to answer as best I can, heh. I also have some screenshots to upload at some point today.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-08, 04:17 PM   #83
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID View Post
The NDA for North America is officially dropped as of today. If anybody has any question regarding the game feel free to ask, and I'll try to answer as best I can, heh. I also have some screenshots to upload at some point today.
Spill it all for us. Give screen shots and youtube videos and divix videos and boingboing videos and naked female elves. I want it all.

BTW I just got in the BETA. Let me know what server u are on and your toon name.

I am very skeptical of this game but hopeful as well. I'm glad I get to see if I like the game play before I plunk down $50 for it.
Old 08-19-08, 04:44 PM   #84
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

there is a way to take "super screenshots" not exactly sure if they are better quality or what but heres a couple...keep in mind graphics for beta are set to low/medium and don't represent finished product.

this is a lvl 31 premade shaman in tier 4 for testing. The gear is average blues/greens with a couple dyes I threw on for dramatic effect

http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?i...agem000jw4.jpg

when players are mounted the animations are really cool. He looks back when I go backwards and covers his eyes when I make the wolf jump. The mountains missing int he background are a known bug that was recently introduced I believe.

http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?i...agem002iw2.jpg

heres an RVR shot in tier 4. I hopped up on a mountain and was shooting down on Order to keep from getting melee raped. After about 10 minutes that turned from a 20vs20 fight to about 100-120 person brawl for a Keep.

http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?i...agem007wt0.jpg

last shot for now is a baby Black Orc doing a public quest. I haven't really messed with the UI editor yet, but you can basically adjust every windows scale and location individually.

http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=liqm007ie6.jpg

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote