Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-21-08, 01:22 PM   #37
Rakeesh

Default Re: List the WoW classes that need to be nerfed or buffed

You'd hate me as a resto druid. Last night I kept f*cking with this rogue and warrior on the island while in my pvp resto spec. I killed both of them individually, then later I started kiting both of them at the same time towards the guards. Now the guards attack me as well as them, but I just throw 3 lifebloom and a rejuv on myself and the guards don't do enough damage to kill me, they just shove me out to the ocean and then leave me alone. The rogue and warrior? No such luck, the guards bounce them around until they are dead, giving me honor points and costing them gold. I kept doing this over and over again

Most of the time when I fight rogues as resto they realize its a hopeless battle and CloS/vanish after I have them down to 20%. The little bastards love to run away and hide so much. Warriors on the other hand are screwed, they can't run away.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-08, 01:27 PM   #38
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavern View Post
Druids could be fixed with one change. Add a penalty to form switching other than a pittance of mana.

Here are some thoughts:
5 second silence
3 second stun
10 second root
10% of total mana drained

Or most simple of all.. remove the cleansing ability of shape shifting altogether.

Of course this comes from a rogue that hates tryin' to catch a druid that's pole hump. :P
Yes good idea, cripple the class beyond recognition.

Remember kids, arena is the only place class balance matters.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-08, 07:47 PM   #39
Dvahlish

LOL...
Yeh...so I have a 70 rogue, 70 Priest, and druid and now an enhancmeent shammy...
Are druids OP?
Yeh.....I think they certainly are, but they are fun to play.
I found they are extremely easy to level....more so than any of my other classes I have levelled.

I have met many..many druids that play thier class terribly though, I feel the same about pallys.
I think...in some cases because they are such an OP class...that some people lose the skill needed to play the class well.

Just my thoughts really....Im sure all the druids out there are going to kick and scream and tell me im wrong.
*shrug*

Lets not forget the true OP class of wow has got to be locks
Old 08-22-08, 12:37 AM   #40
firehawk

druids in pvp have always been more of an annoyance then a threat to me..at least one on one..they just sit there and heal then run when they cant heal anymore.
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-08, 06:19 AM   #41
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish View Post
I have met many..many druids that play thier class terribly though, I feel the same about pallys.
I think...in some cases because they are such an OP class...that some people lose the skill needed to play the class well.
The only thing overpowered about druids is 2v2 arena. That's it. They have no unaccounted for advantages in any other aspect of the game. As PVE DPS they are mediocre (decent with gear). As group healers they're as good as anyone else. As tanks they are decent. As BG healers or DPSers they are decent. As raid healers they are decent but not as good as shaman.

Don't look at class balance with tunnel vision. Just because a druid shapeshifted and ran off while you were in WSG doesn't mean the entire class is overpowered. If their greatest ability is to run away well, you shouldn't need to worry too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk
druids in pvp have always been more of an annoyance then a threat to me..at least one on one..they just sit there and heal then run when they cant heal anymore.
Exactly. Anyone who's played a druid quickly loses any preconceptions of overpowered-ness when they realize that you can't do everything people say you can.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-08, 11:25 AM   #42
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
Yesterday I had 82 honorable kills. All of them while resto and just randomly approaching people and killing them by myself, no battlegrounds whatsoever. That number rises while I am feral because I can kill people much faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
The only thing overpowered about druids is 2v2 arena. That's it.
Actually I am having more success in 3v3 than 2v2. Granted I am rather a newbie at arena still, I only really started actually trying at it recently.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote