Great intro cinematic.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-08, 08:37 PM   #50
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Default Re: World of Warcraft – Wrath of the Lich King

I thought for sure they would show some death knights or maybe some of the new siege crap from Wintergrasp in the cinematic. I know its just a cinematic, but the last 2 really got me pumped to play some WOW and this one is just meh.

From the recolored NPC mobs to even the intro now it just looks like no real effort is being put into this xpac. Anyone want to bet on a 30x Hemet Nesingwary quest to kill 30 polar bears?

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-08, 12:16 AM   #51
firehawk

it focuses on the litch king because they actually put an effort into making the guy your suppose to want to be killing important in this one....not like illidian where you never see the guy in the game until your actually there.
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-08, 06:21 AM   #52
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID View Post
From the recolored NPC mobs to even the intro now it just looks like no real effort is being put into this xpac.
Oh FFS keep this **** to the WoW forums and off here please. It's infuriating enough having to read it there but at least I can't lose any respect for them since I never had any in the first place.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 08-22-08, 06:58 AM   #53
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

I can't my account ended a couple months ago, plus I'm banned from the forums!

I do want to see how much armor and how many mobs are just recolors though.

Evga x58 LE
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
Old 08-22-08, 07:07 AM   #54
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
I can't my account ended a couple months ago, plus I'm banned from the forums!

I do want to see how much armor and how many mobs are just recolors though.
You don't have to look that hard. There are databases of new mobs, equipment, etc and many beta screenshots floating around. New mob models, new weapon & armor models and skins, etc.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 08-22-08, 05:35 PM   #55
slick
Play with conviction.

Quote:
I thought for sure they would show some death knights or maybe some of the new siege crap from Wintergrasp in the cinematic. I know its just a cinematic, but the last 2 really got me pumped to play some WOW and this one is just meh.

From the recolored NPC mobs to even the intro now it just looks like no real effort is being put into this xpac. Anyone want to bet on a 30x Hemet Nesingwary quest to kill 30 polar bears?
You think no effort went into that trailer? Are you ****ing blind? That level of CG is nearly unrivaled in the industry.

Sorry it wasn't the entirely predictable and shallow mashup of action sequences between classes that every CG trailer of every game has been for the last 10 years.
Old 08-22-08, 06:01 PM   #56
jolle

Gametrailers now have a HD version up aswell.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38881.html

Old 08-22-08, 06:41 PM   #57
Son Goku

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
I'll admit, im currently in a guild who is currently working on reliquary of souls, so we have the means and the manpower to do end game content and are working our way to new content for us, if your not in a guild that is really doing anything more then kara and struggling for people to start 25 man's, it can get pretty stale.
I found the other dude to be a pain. The one where people are turned into a ghost, then have to kill theirs before it wipes the raid. Course having a 10 year old monitor which was losing it's ability to illuminate things so well, in shades of blue didn't help much. A new monitor might actually help better.

RoS isn't too bad; though with my guild Archi took a little doing (several people have got t6 helms though); largely because if one person messes up on tears or anything, it almost invariably wipes the raid, not just the 1 individual. It's a serious retard check though.... Council took some weeks doing, and one week after several attempts we sold the raid ID to a current Sunwell guild, who brought most of their people and some of ours, to help our guild learn council. We got it the next week. I don't think Illidan himself was yet downed, though the last 3 weeks I've been sorting out moving, so will need to re-connect with my guild. Personally I've done up through RoS (wasn't there for Mother) in BT, and have downed all in MH, including Archimonde.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-08, 08:12 PM   #58
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick View Post
You think no effort went into that trailer? Are you ****ing blind? That level of CG is nearly unrivaled in the industry.
much like the game I just found it boring as hell. I never commented on the technical aspect of the trailer, just the fact that I almost feel asleep watching it.

Evga x58 LE
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

Old 08-23-08, 06:47 AM   #59
K007

As always...Blizzard has done an excellent job on there trailer..just like D3...just WOW...i never seen any game where the stuff like this is done any better than blizzard....amazing.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-08, 05:18 PM   #60
jolle

They΄re top notch, and always seem to out do themselves.
Only thing I΄ve seen that rivals Blizzards CG quality is prolly the Mark of Chaos trailer by Digic, thats also top notch stuff.
Blur does quality productions aswell as seen in the WAR trailer and the HellGate London stuff for example.