Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-21-08, 09:18 AM   #97
CybrSage
 
CybrSage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 102
Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

My client says High graphics, but changing it does not make any difference in the visuals. I can only assume that means it is not actually high.
__________________
--------------------------------------
CybrSage
CybrSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-08, 09:24 AM   #98
jolle
Registered User
 
jolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,804
Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CybrSage View Post
My client says High graphics, but changing it does not make any difference in the visuals. I can only assume that means it is not actually high.
Isnt that just for RVR zones? that setting.
__________________
Q6700, Abit X38 QuadGT, 8Gb (4x 2GB) OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066MHz, Gainward GTX 285 1Gb, X-Fi XtremeMusic
jolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-08, 10:20 AM   #99
CaptnStubing
Registered User
 
CaptnStubing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,714
Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle View Post
That trailer was awesome.


So when will the servers be up again? Is it Friday or Saturday?
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-08, 11:42 AM   #100
Odral
True Gamer
 
Odral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 354
Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
That trailer was awesome.


So when will the servers be up again? Is it Friday or Saturday?
Friday..as of at what time they have not said yet.
Odral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-08, 07:20 PM   #101
Dvahlish
Registered User
 
Dvahlish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Melbourne-Australia
Posts: 272
Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

So..offcially release is Sept 18th.
Thats quicker than I thought!
We preordered over the weekend and got an open beta key.
Curremtly d/loading 9GB.....then ill give it a go
__________________
Guns dont kill people, Magic missiles do!
Dvahlish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-08, 10:42 PM   #102
Ninja Prime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,263
Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

Seems like a unfinished game they are shoving out the door so far.

The visuals are terrible too, I swear it looks like DAoC sometimes. I know they keep promising better graphics because its on medium or whatever, but if you put WoW on medium and compare it to high theres not that much difference.

They should delay it to next year rather than pushing it out early in the hopes they can sell a few to hardcore WH fans to fund the rest of their development.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-08, 10:49 PM   #103
Dvahlish
Registered User
 
Dvahlish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Melbourne-Australia
Posts: 272
Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Seems like a unfinished game they are shoving out the door so far.

The visuals are terrible too, I swear it looks like DAoC sometimes. I know they keep promising better graphics because its on medium or whatever, but if you put WoW on medium and compare it to high theres not that much difference.

They should delay it to next year rather than pushing it out early in the hopes they can sell a few to hardcore WH fans to fund the rest of their development.
Hrmmm...I dont agree. Are you playing open beta?
I know the first beta was a bit rough, but the open beta so far has been fantastic.
I think the graphics **** all over wow...there are 3 of us that are all wow players that are playing open beta togther and we have all commented oh how great the game looks. The scenery is breath taking in places.

I prefer everything about the game in comparison to wow.
And I never thought I would find a game that I enjoyed more than wow, so thats saying something from me.
__________________
Guns dont kill people, Magic missiles do!
Dvahlish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-08, 11:17 PM   #104
CaptnStubing
Registered User
 
CaptnStubing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,714
Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish View Post
Hrmmm...I dont agree. Are you playing open beta?
I know the first beta was a bit rough, but the open beta so far has been fantastic.
I think the graphics **** all over wow...there are 3 of us that are all wow players that are playing open beta togther and we have all commented oh how great the game looks. The scenery is breath taking in places.

I prefer everything about the game in comparison to wow.
And I never thought I would find a game that I enjoyed more than wow, so thats saying something from me.
The graphics right now are the same as WoW. There isn't any way they are better.
I like the style of the graphics but you can tell they are not on high yet.

The game seems ok to this point. I really like the PVP tho. That is what I want this game for. I just want to get into battles and smash mouth. Still there is something missing in this game. I can't put my finger on it. I'm not saying it is bad, just a bit boring in PVE.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-25-08, 12:28 AM   #105
Dvahlish
Registered User
 
Dvahlish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Melbourne-Australia
Posts: 272
Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
The graphics right now are the same as WoW. There isn't any way they are better.
I like the style of the graphics but you can tell they are not on high yet.

The game seems ok to this point. I really like the PVP tho. That is what I want this game for. I just want to get into battles and smash mouth. Still there is something missing in this game. I can't put my finger on it. I'm not saying it is bad, just a bit boring in PVE.
Well...I did like the style of PVE and the quests seem much more interesting to me, but that could be just because Im bored to death with wow questing after having quested what seems like 50 times over.
The game is supposed to be based around PVP much more anyway.

I preferred the graphics to wow.....by a long shot, but this could also be because...im very much over wow
__________________
Guns dont kill people, Magic missiles do!
Dvahlish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-08, 07:04 AM   #106
Badboy_12345
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,362
Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

I wrote this comparison between WoW and WAR graphics that covers the difference:

WoWs graphics = Pink Unicorn
WAR Online graphics = Pink Unicorn that eats human flesh and breathes fire while torturing babies


Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-08, 11:38 AM   #107
killahsin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,496
Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

there is many clear technical aspects to wars graphics over wows.

View distance = farther
higher detail texture mapping on all fronts.
the lighting model is far superior to WoW's.
The amount of polygons on screen is far superior to wows.
much more advanced particle system
a much more advanced animation system with blending

You can see the dithering on alot of things so there has to be more advanced options on release of the game. But to say theres no difference betweenw ar and wow is silly. It's essentially the same as comparing a 2k model to a 10+k (normal mapped)model
__________________
Quote:
MSI 780i diamond sli.
8400 core 2 duo.
2 x msi 9600 gt oc's @ 760x1950.
4 gigs ram.
R.I.P. Ritual
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-08, 12:12 PM   #108
CaptnStubing
Registered User
 
CaptnStubing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,714
Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killahsin View Post
View distance = farther
I haven't noticed this at all. Maybe it is just the beta
Quote:
higher detail texture mapping on all fronts.
This maybe in the final but certainly not in the beta.
Quote:
the lighting model is far superior to WoW's.
It isn't on high quality but you can see this for sure.
Quote:
The amount of polygons on screen is far superior to wows.
yes
Quote:
much more advanced particle system
yes
Quote:
a much more advanced animation system with blending
I had not noticed this but I wasn't looking at it either

Quote:
You can see the dithering on alot of things so there has to be more advanced options on release of the game. But to say theres no difference betweenw ar and wow is silly. It's essentially the same as comparing a 2k model to a 10+k (normal mapped)model
I am talking about the low rez textures in the beta to date. Right now I have not been impress with the graphics. I do like the graphics but it is obvious that they are not on high yet.

I am not a stickler for graphics. I want great game play before graphics. That being said War's graphics are not impressive. Then again I do not think they are trying to be. I think they picked the middle of the road and went for style. I think this is the right choice.

My biggest complaint about the game thus far is I spend most my time waiting for abilities to cool down. Oh and pathing still sucks. LOL I'm sure that will be fixed tho. I still like the game and will pick it up.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.