Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-23-08, 05:44 PM   #61
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID View Post
much like the game I just found it boring as hell. I never commented on the technical aspect of the trailer, just the fact that I almost feel asleep watching it.
You might consider going to your doctor to see if you suffer from narcolespy.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-08, 06:35 PM   #62
Dvahlish

Trailer was OK...I have seen better.
Pity that WAR has announced its release in 25 days and everyone is STILL waiting for Blizz to get thier act together.
Thats going to hurt WOW and they deserve it.
I know that half of my guild is leaving wow to play WAR basically because they are sick of Blizz dumbing down the game and leaving them with nothing for anothert 5-6 months. People are getting impatient and bored...
So WAR has done the right thing and released at the right time...

WOTLK is going to have to be amazing to recover Id say.
Doubt Ill be waiting around for it.
Old 08-25-08, 06:55 PM   #63
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

I just renewed(had 20$ in paypal lingering lol) my account after a few months and ughhh. Boring as when I stopped playing. Game for me certainly played its coarse. Pretty positive I'll pass on WOTLK being from what I heard its the same old crap.

Time to sell the account lol
Old 08-26-08, 11:52 AM   #64
Mr.Schme

mos def. im in the process of doing so right now. ive put it up many times on craigslist but got weirded out by the people inquiring about the account. i havent done anything yet but beware of people that resemble the following...

have a hotmail/gmail account

first email:

Hi i was wondering if you still have the account? please email me.

second email:

has the account ever been banned/suspended?

third email:

are you the first owner? do you know the secret question/answer?

fourth email:

the deal email, theyll ask for paypal and all that. i dont have the EXACT phrases they used since gmail is blocked on my work computer (dumb huh?), and the last two emails might be in the opposite order. but i've placed the account for sale three times and all three times, different people have been using the exact same questions in the same order using the same words. when confronted theyll dodge the question and wont answer it. strange yes?

i've also read up on scams involving paypal with chargebacks. imagine this, you recieve money from the buyer, the buyer used a credit card, the money is in your paypal account now and you tihnk everything is fine so you release the username, pw, secret question, and secret answer. the account info is out in the open now. a day later after youve tried to transfer the money into your bank account paypal has notified you that the buyer has issued a chargeback, and would possibly get their money back. horrible scenario huh?
Mr.Schme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-08, 12:23 PM   #65
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Schme View Post
mos def. im in the process of doing so right now. ive put it up many times on craigslist but got weirded out by the people inquiring about the account. i havent done anything yet but beware of people that resemble the following...

have a hotmail/gmail account

first email:

Hi i was wondering if you still have the account? please email me.

second email:

has the account ever been banned/suspended?

third email:

are you the first owner? do you know the secret question/answer?

fourth email:

the deal email, theyll ask for paypal and all that. i dont have the EXACT phrases they used since gmail is blocked on my work computer (dumb huh?), and the last two emails might be in the opposite order. but i've placed the account for sale three times and all three times, different people have been using the exact same questions in the same order using the same words. when confronted theyll dodge the question and wont answer it. strange yes?

i've also read up on scams involving paypal with chargebacks. imagine this, you recieve money from the buyer, the buyer used a credit card, the money is in your paypal account now and you tihnk everything is fine so you release the username, pw, secret question, and secret answer. the account info is out in the open now. a day later after youve tried to transfer the money into your bank account paypal has notified you that the buyer has issued a chargeback, and would possibly get their money back. horrible scenario huh?
Sell it to the big gold farm sites. It is safe and you will get at least some money from the account.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-08, 12:30 PM   #66
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Honestly I don't get the negative sentiment after seeing some of the new stuff in WotLK...are you guys reading the same news sites that I am?
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-08, 01:44 PM   #67
Mr.Schme

its not that wotlk is a bad game, but i get these on and off spells about wow. i'll sell this account, get some money, and if i want to play wow again i'll just start from scratch. i havent sold it yet though, getting cold feet, as usual.
Old 08-26-08, 01:51 PM   #68
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Honestly I don't get the negative sentiment after seeing some of the new stuff in WotLK...are you guys reading the same news sites that I am?
I for one can't wait. I am all about PVP and the new release is all about PVP also.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-08, 03:38 PM   #69
Mr.Schme

oh really? i heard pvp on flying mounts, hows that gonna be?
Old 08-26-08, 05:59 PM   #70
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
I'm just going off of hearsay. Just from what I'm gathering it sounds like the same old wow. But maybe I'm just getting the wrong mental picture. If it's more focused on PVP, then we are talking. But as it stands now, this game is stale as all hell and it really needs to bring something fresh and new to the table. It's a shame they didn't start with updated graphics .

Selling the account.

Well I sold 2 alltogether. 1 Pre BC and a lvl 70 account. Both mains were mages and semi geared. Pulled like $300 for each with half ass discriptions about them on ebay. I don't think you can sell on ebay anymore though. I'd love to sell my new account being the two mains on it are a hunter and Druid. Can't stand playing either, boring as ****.

Mage or Rogue FTW!
Old 08-27-08, 09:11 AM   #71
Mr.Schme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
I'm just going off of hearsay. Just from what I'm gathering it sounds like the same old wow. But maybe I'm just getting the wrong mental picture. If it's more focused on PVP, then we are talking. But as it stands now, this game is stale as all hell and it really needs to bring something fresh and new to the table. It's a shame they didn't start with updated graphics .

Selling the account.

Well I sold 2 alltogether. 1 Pre BC and a lvl 70 account. Both mains were mages and semi geared. Pulled like $300 for each with half ass discriptions about them on ebay. I don't think you can sell on ebay anymore though. I'd love to sell my new account being the two mains on it are a hunter and Druid. Can't stand playing either, boring as ****.

Mage or Rogue FTW!
This is going to be my third time selling the account, and with each time it gets harder and harder. first time was on ebay also. Second was through craigslist, and this last time is going to go through craigslist again. But there are some questionable parties that im getting emails from o.o
Old 08-27-08, 05:38 PM   #72
Dvahlish

Im pretty sure I saw a site that you could buy/sell accounts..marquee dragon or something similar?
I have never bought or sold....so im not sure of what they would be like to trade through.

I have a well geared Rogue who is in badge and T5 gear and a priest in Frozen shadow weave set, so I think I would get a decent price...but I dont really want to part with my accounts as I have puty so much work into them.
*sigh*
I might wait a few months then do it