Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-28-08, 05:55 PM   #49
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Default Re: MMORPGs are getting to easy and taking too much time

captin, how is it not a comparison of abilities if you are relating it to time wasted? I think time in pvp is wasted cause the gear is useless in pve (for most classes). Same deal. Btw if you really are shadow then you reallt shouldn't be picking fights with anyone thats well geared. currently shadow priest suck in pvp. It will be better in wotlk but currently dps is medicore.. hp is low.. pvp talents are low (Surviving crits and all that), its pretty strictly a pve solo grind and raid battery build atm.
Old 08-28-08, 06:01 PM   #50
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
captin, how is it not a comparison of abilities if you are relating it to time wasted? I think time in pvp is wasted cause the gear is useless in pve (for most classes). Same deal. Btw if you really are shadow then you reallt shouldn't be picking fights with anyone thats well geared. currently shadow priest suck in pvp. It will be better in wotlk but currently dps is medicore.. hp is low.. pvp talents are low (Surviving crits and all that), its pretty strictly a pve solo grind and raid battery build atm.
I love when people automatically call a class crap when its skills are not as good as others, its not only about the character skills but also the players. You could be playing the weakest class against the toughest but if your a more skilled player then the other guy you still have the opportunity to beat him.

It's alot like a player with a standard pistol in CS versus a player who has an AWP, yeah the awp is better but if the guy doesn't know how to use it, then it wont matter if the player with the pistol knows how to play well.
Old 08-28-08, 07:15 PM   #51
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
I love when people automatically call a class crap when its skills are not as good as others, its not only about the character skills but also the players. You could be playing the weakest class against the toughest but if your a more skilled player then the other guy you still have the opportunity to beat him.

It's alot like a player with a standard pistol in CS versus a player who has an AWP, yeah the awp is better but if the guy doesn't know how to use it, then it wont matter if the player with the pistol knows how to play well.
The difference is you don't spend 5 months leveling up your AWP to find out it is poop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
captin, how is it not a comparison of abilities if you are relating it to time wasted? I think time in pvp is wasted cause the gear is useless in pve (for most classes).
Huh? How can you not understand what I said? My point is people spend months and months in raids waiting to get gear. They then strut around in their gear acting all bad ass. Those same people come in to battle grounds and get their asses kicked by PVPers like me with high skill because they are relying completely on their gear. I was making fun of raiders, that is it.
Same deal.
Quote:
Btw if you really are shadow then you reallt shouldn't be picking fights with anyone thats well geared. currently shadow priest suck in pvp. It will be better in wotlk but currently dps is medicore.. hp is low.. pvp talents are low (Surviving crits and all that), its pretty strictly a pve solo grind and raid battery build atm.
again Huh? Why do you even care? I pick fights with whom ever comes in front of me. Most the time I win but because I am a shadow priest every fight is hard, except for hunters and most locks. If I get the jump on them I almost always win. The rest eat me up but I don't mind dying.

It won't be better in the expansion. LMAO! Shadow priest will still suck. They will still be targeted first and die first. That is how blizzard has decided they want to ignore priests. I know that and I am fine with it. That is why I fight in the back ground as a support pvp class.

Have you see dual wielding 2hander warriors? They will be the next GOD class in WoW.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-08, 07:26 PM   #52
Tr1cK
not coming back

Screw you guys, I'm rollin a druid!
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-08, 08:04 PM   #53
Son Goku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Schme View Post
wow, takes a while to level up to the top. although with the new incentives they given people, the buddy-system thing, leveling is pretty damn easy. but aside from that it takes a f*** a** long time to level. its not really that its easy, its just that it takes a long time.

as for items, with arena, items are easy, but with raids its really different. honestly, i think arena screwed the game up.
My shamy hit 60 in like 9 days of in game time, and was my twink for awhile so came with about 2k honor then. I've leveled a few then... After awhile one pretty much knows the quests, what quests to grab together, etc; the time element largely disappears.

Now you throw the easy mode to many of the old world stuff (the mob you kill for the key to SG used to be an elite; but is now a normal mob that is lower level then most mobs in the zone itself, it's become like nothing. Overseer Maltorious, a quest I used to need help on back in 2006ish, I can solo on a guy at lvl 46 (well the druid it was easy, and wasn't bad on the shamy either). Back when Gilthanas and I played together, we routinely soloed and 2 manned a fair number of challenges some thought would require groups. If we had our a*ses handed to us, we came back at a latter time and just laughed in the face of the same challenge, as well it wasn't really one anymore. Now, with the removing of the elite status of most things, it isn't even as funny anymore and doing things like soloing Dragonkin Menace in burning steppes at lvl 51 wouldn't be impressive today, as it was back in 2006.

The lvling is easy, especially after many a game nerf. Things start up more when one hits end game, if they're looking for something other then easy mode; especially since blizzard changed things to make it easier for newer people....
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-08, 08:12 PM   #54
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
This is more accurate but to hit it spot in this is WoW in a nutshell. WoW is easy but stupid people make it hard.

My group that hangs out on vent and plays WoW with me were commenting on what we like about WoW. We were PVPing and crushing people. Just smashing the hell out of them. When we died we rezed and started crushing again. One guy said "this is fun. When I die I can get right back into the action". Then we were talking about the idiots standing around in a raid wating for people to get back to their keyboard so they can pull the next boss or listening to the raid leader bark out instructions to the stupid because the sat for 3 hours watching videos on how to kill that dumb ass boss. Then your gear may or may not drop or you don't have enough DKP. F THAT! Give me PVP. You get in on instant action and can laugh your ass off. And get this, while you are having FUN you can get gear along the way

Screw raider and grinding wh0res. Get in a battleground and I'll crush your pretty tier 5 gear you spent 5 months waiting in line to get.
Heh yeh although I do get bored with PVP quickly..hell I have a 70 rogue..I have done my fair share of PVP....Shes now combat and a raiding toon and she does very well in DPS in raids to, normally only passed by damn mages and thier AOE and Enhance shammys
I do enjoy raiding, more so than PVP.....
But...I also have a 70 Shadow priest which I am about to take discipline and start some BG's with her...just for fun.
A good friend of mine has a well geared disc priest and I have watched warriors having trouble taking her down....I never really realised how tough a disc priest can actually be...lol
Old 08-28-08, 08:48 PM   #55
yuriz43

WoW was never really meant to pvp game. It is great that they added it, and I've had a great time in the Battle Grounds, but it got boring only having a few game types/maps to pick from. You also had the issue with queue times in certain battle groups. I was lucky enough to be in one where it was < 1 minute.

I

*Compewtor*Keeeboard*Mice*Mice Pad
*Cofe Jug*Old Bear Can*5x blu LED's
*Bag of chips that I forgot to throw away*Moniter
yuriz43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-08, 09:25 PM   #56
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuriz43 View Post
WoW was never really meant to pvp game. It is great that they added it, and I've had a great time in the Battle Grounds, but it got boring only having a few game types/maps to pick from. You also had the issue with queue times in certain battle groups. I was lucky enough to be in one where it was < 1 minute.

I
The que times on Frostmourne are great I usually manage to get a < 1 minute on both horde and alli so I have no complaints there.
I am however...sick of the same BG's all the time...but I beleive WOTLK is adding more.

Old 08-28-08, 09:26 PM   #57
Son Goku

At least in bloodlust, the ali don't really get any queue lengths of all... The only problem is general suckage most of the time. If one wants a raid group going into the BG that has an idea what teamwork is; one almost invariably has to roll horde; else insist on full raid premades...
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-08, 03:25 AM   #58
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

CaptnStubing, what your claiming is one of many scenarios, you could spend months in pve and kick total ass in pvp. Infact one of the end game raiding guilds on my server on horde side also regularly had season champions.

However gear from one side never did translate to the other, you could try and throw someone in full pvp gear into a raid and his dps would be crap, he wouldnt get out of the fire fast enough, and his mana regen would be so pathetic he would be calling out for an inno on any fight longer then 2 minutes. There is zero tanking gear in pvp, you would get torn apart by heroics in S4! They each have their own methods of being aquired..although pvp has more loopholes that allow arena points to be purchased via cash.

Also its a bit more then just gear, many of us like the pve encounters. You may enjoy beating down other healers who also have 10000 hp, I'll go after the big guys who have millions and will one shot you when you screw up (not that thats a particular tactic I like in pve).
Old 08-29-08, 04:26 AM   #59
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

AoC FTW, lol.
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-08, 07:12 AM   #60
firehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
Huh? How can you not understand what I said? My point is people spend months and months in raids waiting to get gear. They then strut around in their gear acting all bad ass. Those same people come in to battle grounds and get their asses kicked by PVPers like me with high skill because they are relying completely on their gear. I was making fun of raiders, that is it.
Same deal.

works in reverse as well with Bg's scrubs coming in and wiping raids because they have no idea how the mechanics work.

honestly if your in a guild where it takes you months to get a full tier set, your guild is pretty suck ass or another one of those guilds that just looks everything up on youtube and keeps on failing because they lack the ability to think and act as a group if something is not working.

pvp and raiding are two different skill sets. i don't expect a pvp player to come into a raid and do much of anything useful, just as i don't expect a raider to go into pvp and be the most bad ass thing ever.
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote