Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-29-08, 07:24 AM   #61
Tr1cK
not coming back

Default Re: MMORPGs are getting to easy and taking too much time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOJAR View Post
AoC FTW, lol.
You mean the game with glaring issues that they quit patching a month after they released? The PvP game with no PvP system? It takes way more than pretty graphics to make a game, something Funcom doesn't realize.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-08, 08:09 AM   #62
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
You mean the game with glaring issues that they quit patching a month after they released? The PvP game with no PvP system? It takes way more than pretty graphics to make a game, something Funcom doesn't realize.
Glaring issues? Oh sorry i forgot all other MMORPGs where flawless on release day apart from AoC! ..... also what do you mean they stopped patching? its weird becasue they patch every tuesday and thursday(there was a patch just yesterday) ... as for the PvP system .. well there working on that, i would rather they took ther time to get the PvP system right other than rush it and mess everything up!

Im not saying AoC is flawless, far from it but give Funcom a break man, trust me they release two patches a week, i should know i download them, ive been playing from release date and ive noticed its getting better and better with every patch/fix, i love the game and im sticking with it, give it a while and i guarantee when the game it fine tuned it will rock!
Intel i7 920 D0@4GHz(Corsair Hydro H80i) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 16GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force LS SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Cooler Master HAF X Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-08, 09:04 AM   #63
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOJAR View Post
Glaring issues? Oh sorry i forgot all other MMORPGs where flawless on release day apart from AoC! ..... also what do you mean they stopped patching? its weird becasue they patch every tuesday and thursday(there was a patch just yesterday) ... as for the PvP system .. well there working on that, i would rather they took ther time to get the PvP system right other than rush it and mess everything up!

Im not saying AoC is flawless, far from it but give Funcom a break man, trust me they release two patches a week, i should know i download them, ive been playing from release date and ive noticed its getting better and better with every patch/fix, i love the game and im sticking with it, give it a while and i guarantee when the game it fine tuned it will rock!
Glaring issues like:
  1. The total lack of PvP system.
  2. Memory leaks, poor performance on new hardware which maybe due to the lame 8+ year old engine.
  3. Class Imbalance, Casters PWN the crap out of melee.
  4. Lame combo system which contributes to melee sucking.
  5. Ignoring the fan base.
  6. Many more like lack of endgame, ruthless ganking (prob due to lack of endgame), sucky itemization, constant nerfs....

They haven't patched twice a week in months. Here are the dates of the patches.
* August 28th, 2008
* August 19th, 2008
* July 17th, 2008
* July 10th, 2008
* July 2nd, 2008
* June 9th, 2008
* June 2nd, 2008
* May 29th, 2008
* May 27th, 2008 (part 2)
* May 27th, 2008
* May 26th, 2008
* May 23rd, 2008

Yes, I have every right to be bitter because I bought in to that pile of crap and actually gave them 2 more months worth of subscription fees. The game is still garbage in it's current state. A great majority of the subscribers went back to WoW because it has polish. You can't release a MMO these days without substantial polish. WoW has set the standard and if you want to compete you must be close to these standards. AoC is no where near it.
Old 08-29-08, 09:51 AM   #64
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
Glaring issues like:

1. The total lack of PvP system.
2. Memory leaks, poor performance on new hardware which maybe due to the lame 8+ year old engine.
3. Class Imbalance, Casters PWN the crap out of melee.
4. Lame combo system which contributes to melee sucking.
5. Ignoring the fan base.
6. Many more like lack of endgame, ruthless ganking (prob due to lack of endgame), sucky itemization, constant nerfs....
Don't forget that AoC is a **** game in general. I blame the stupid "directional attack" system mostly. The lack of content and the fact that most of the existing content is horrible doesn't help either.

As for leveling time in WoW, use a guide or plan ahead your questing - you can reach 58 in less than 4 days /played with all professions (primary and secondary) leveled to 300. And that's still leaving plenty of time to help other people out or just goof around. Frankly that is not that long of a time, and once you hit Outland you get to 70 fairly quickly.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-08, 11:02 AM   #65
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
works in reverse as well with Bg's scrubs coming in and wiping raids because they have no idea how the mechanics work.
But I don't care about that.
Quote:
honestly if your in a guild where it takes you months to get a full tier set, your guild is pretty suck ass or another one of those guilds that just looks everything up on youtube and keeps on failing because they lack the ability to think and act as a group if something is not working.
I hope you are not talking about my guild because I wasn't talking about my guild. We just PVP.

Quote:
pvp and raiding are two different skill sets. i don't expect a pvp player to come into a raid and do much of anything useful, just as i don't expect a raider to go into pvp and be the most bad ass thing ever.
LOL This is funny. I can come in with my PVP gear and out damage the scrubs and never pull aggro. Yes PVP gear is not for raiding but for the mid level raids one or two shadow priests can get a way with wearing their gear in there. Crap I watched the other shadow priest in Gruul pulling aggro and he did half as much damage as me. The difference is I know how to raid. He didn't know how to raid (even though he thought he did) and he couldn't PVP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Don't forget that AoC is a **** game in general. I blame the stupid "directional attack" system mostly. The lack of content and the fact that most of the existing content is horrible doesn't help either.
The only thing from the Conan world that exists for me are the movies and the books. The game is dead to me

Quote:
As for leveling time in WoW, use a guide or plan ahead your questing - you can reach 58 in less than 4 days /played with all professions (primary and secondary) leveled to 300. And that's still leaving plenty of time to help other people out or just goof around. Frankly that is not that long of a time, and once you hit Outland you get to 70 fairly quickly.
With the reduced XP per level befor 60 you can do that in 3 days. I used Joana's guide. The best. I still have the whole thing on my web site for download.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-08, 11:15 AM   #66
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
With the reduced XP per level befor 60 you can do that in 3 days. I used Joana's guide. The best. I still have the whole thing on my web site for download.
QFT Joana's guide is awesome. If you skip professions you can definitely do it in less than 3 days, I don't think you could if you level them all to 300 prior to Outland though. Depends how efficient and hardcore you want to be about it. That's not including buying mats or farming them on another character to power level a profession, I mean from scratch 1-300 for a gathering and crafting profession. You could definitely do it in less than 3 days if you powerlevel or took two gathering professions. Personally I love the satisfaction of leveling a profession the "natural" way.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 08-29-08, 11:18 AM   #67
Tr1cK
not coming back

I know Joana is the best Horde guide. What do you say the best Alliance side is?
Old 08-29-08, 12:19 PM   #68
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
QFT Joana's guide is awesome. If you skip professions you can definitely do it in less than 3 days, I don't think you could if you level them all to 300 prior to Outland though. Depends how efficient and hardcore you want to be about it. That's not including buying mats or farming them on another character to power level a profession, I mean from scratch 1-300 for a gathering and crafting profession. You could definitely do it in less than 3 days if you powerlevel or took two gathering professions. Personally I love the satisfaction of leveling a profession the "natural" way.
True. Also you skip a bunch of zones now because of the advanced leveling they put into WoW. There is ZERO grinding now.

The best leveling guide for the alliance side is to roll a horde and use Joana's guide.

Old 08-29-08, 12:39 PM   #69
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
True. Also you skip a bunch of zones now because of the advanced leveling they put into WoW. There is ZERO grinding now.

The best leveling guide for the alliance side is to roll a horde and use Joana's guide.
I've got too many Horde 70s and want an Alliance one! I'll pick a Druid just for you Captn.
Old 08-29-08, 12:53 PM   #70
Mr.Schme

the new buddy system thing is ****ing incredible.
Mr.Schme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-08, 12:55 PM   #71
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Yep, I just cleared a quest log of about 15 quests now that I'm a bar shy of 58.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 08-29-08, 01:09 PM   #72
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
I've got too many Horde 70s and want an Alliance one! I'll pick a Druid just for you Captn.
Hate chew