Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-30-08, 01:01 AM   #85
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Default Re: MMORPGs are getting to easy and taking too much time

Lol. I recently got a warrior to 70 so I brought some other 70 alts into durn last night. Of course everyone had to be an ass about it and pull aoe agro cause the mobs were only level 67, but I told em if they do that in a lvl 70 instance, im not running after them. I'm just gonna bind intervine to the healer and everyone else can bite me.
Old 08-30-08, 05:26 AM   #86
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

IMO Final Fantasy XI is hardest MMORPG because you die easily when solo with anything above your level. Even few easy prey monsters can own you.

A lot of quests and whatnot requires very strong team or with few skilled classes that know what they're doing. Getting to level 75 takes a long time, unless you do exp grinding non-stop which could take few days to hit 75.

There's one of hardest bosses that isn't defeated yet. That boss is Pandemonium Warden. And there's other one that is also considered very tough and it has been reported it's been defeated by few linkshells, is Absolute Virtue. Both takes more than 18 hours to defeat them. Wow.

http://rukenshin.livejournal.com/17133.html#cutid1

http://rukenshin.livejournal.com/17366.html#cutid1

Personally, I like Final Fantasy XI far more than WoW or any other mmorpgs. It's tough, has a decent story, a lot of team works, and it's fun. I'm not much fan of PvP myself but FFXI has it (I never tried PvP so I don't know how good it is). Only bad things about FFXI are, it's also damn long and requires a lot of work to get all sweet end game, rare items as well get yourself in respectable linkshell so you can get join to fight against all kind bosses or notorious monsters.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-08, 03:03 PM   #87
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

FF11 may be the hardest (mmo)rpg, but not in a "good" way by a long shot.
Old 08-31-08, 03:22 AM   #88
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
FF11 may be the hardest (mmo)rpg, but not in a "good" way by a long shot.
FFXI isn't for everyone though. It's a type of MMORPG anyone love or hate. I didn't like WoW because of how simplicity it is or lack of deep story. I enjoyed FFXI because of its difficult and deep story. I like a challenging, in depth and rewarding experiences offered by FFXI. FFXI requires a lot of hard work and dedication to achieve most goals, but the feeling of intense personal satisfaction after achieving what you previously though unachievable is matched in no other game.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-08, 12:42 PM   #89
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Ive played eq, DaoC, WoW, xenosaga, all the ff games, there was nothing I found rewarding or interesting about ff11.
Old 08-31-08, 05:52 PM   #90
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOJAR View Post
AoC FTW, lol.
Yeh...Nah it isnt FTW...we all know that.
Old 08-31-08, 05:59 PM   #91
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
That was a PUG. and yes they were tards. I won the pants from Gruul and they gave it to someone in their guild. I LOLd' and left. I had no interest in the gear. I was only there because a buddy in their guild asked me to fill in for them. Later that day I challenged the raid leader to a dual and kicked the crap out of him. Yes he was a shadow priest also in FULL KARA GEAR. LOL!

True. I do have some raid gear. I just left my PVP gear on to piss them off.

I just switched to a PVP healer last night. ZOMG we completely changed how well we play in BGS. Just one additional healer smashed the crap out of the alliance. I like it better. There isn't any stress. It is actually fun and funny as hell to watch rogues and other warriors try to out DPS the warrior I am healing. LMAO!
Healing makes all the difference in BG's but its surprising how many BG's lack healers!
A friend of mine plays a disc priest and when I go into BG's with my rogue with him as a back up..its amazing how much I can live through.

My rogue is a raiding toon and with her badge gear and T5, there is no need for a PVP set for her at all but I know a lot of my guildies that have a PVP set and a PVE set, mainly the clothies and the priests that switch from Holy to Disc for PVP.

I have a 70 spriest with fill FSW set and Im currently grinding BG's for a PVP set and hating it But Id like to do some arena as disc just for giggles.

It all seems a bit of a waste of time to be honest as Im really just filling in time before WAR
Old 09-01-08, 01:30 AM   #92
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

BGs lack healers cause healing specs dont fare well in pvp.. if you really have a problem with it be my guest and tell blizz.. youll hear no complaint from us.

Old 09-01-08, 01:42 AM   #93
Dvahlish

Quote:
BGs lack healers cause healing specs dont fare well in pvp.. if you really have a problem with it be my guest and tell blizz.. youll hear no complaint from us.
Nah..I really have no problem with it considering I wont be playing wow for much longer anyway
I have seen some well geared disc priests hold thier own on the BG's quite well though.
Old 09-01-08, 08:42 PM   #94
Son Goku

Quote:
A lot of the lack on off healing comes from people finally figuring "screw this, why am I risking my arse to heal people who turn tail and run". On my shamy, which is elemental spec BTW, some t6, about 3 or 4 items from BT, something from MH, some badge, though still gearing; but can throw an odd heal or chain heal in a BG that isn't negligeable; I have gone to heal some. Naturally, he has more usefulness DPSing, but can hold some on heals also.

The problem is, one person is in trouble, heal them, they turn tail and run. And of course the horde see the one person who healed, so who do they all run after? Yep; so I take 1, 2, maybe 3 of them down; but... And there's the person just running off, while the person who just saved them is left to themself as the one guy who was attacking them (note they might have only been hit by 1 or 2) has time to get reinforcements. Was worse at lower lvl BGs when he was a twink, as the 2 guys he didn't get so readily, and healing one person was almost invariably quick death (especially when enh spec up to 49), as the person turned tail. When it came to ganking, the person who ran isn't a threat; but anyone who would dare heal becomes the target of like everyone, and as to one's team mates such as those one helped out?

This is probably why many don't heal, cause if they do... It's like the mage who demands payment from all people in an AV else refuses to lay a mage table; and yet insists on all buffs (not quick buffs, but the upgraded). Much the same with run in the middle and farm honor in a WSG as no one bothers with the flag, then wonders why the opposing faction always cleans their clock goes much the same on why many who might heal (even if not holy/resto spec in particular), many times pass it up.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-08, 02:02 PM   #95
firehawk

Quote:
sure we do...

dps just need to understand that they are alive still because of us. have all the damn skill in the world, eventually those HP are going to be nothing no matter what. when your healers are getting beat on come on over and help us out. don't run away after i just saved your ass to let me die because you will be next.

most people would rather focus on "OMG KILL IT NOW!" NEED MOAR HK'S!!" then realize how to play with other classes.

80% of the dps in Bg's i see are the type mentioned above.
and because of that i will never pug bg's again. guild runs only for me.

play your roles right and bg's is a blast.
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-08, 10:57 AM   #96
Mr.Schme

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post

80% of the dps in Bg's i see are the type mentioned above.
and because of that i will never pug bg's again. guild runs only for me.

play your roles right and bg's is a blast.

Oh yeah.
Mr.Schme is offline   Reply With Quote