Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-02-08, 01:59 PM   #25
ZeosPantera

Exclamation Re: GTR Evolution [simbin]

Here are a couple videos of the Nurbergring Lap. The 12.9 mile one. Nothing really hardcore. Just tearing it around for fun. But good to watch if you want to try and learn the ring.

8:15 in the 87 BMW M3
http://www.setvid.com/play.php?vid=4265

6:55 in the lola open wheel but hit the wall 10 times!
http://www.setvid.com/play.php?vid=4298
ZeosPantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-08, 02:24 PM   #26
Koko56

Default Re: GTR Evolution [simbin]

The R8 on the Nurburgring was not too bad.
Old 09-03-08, 03:05 PM   #27
cvearl
Radeon 9700 Pro

So you have to create your own Championships custom made for the other classes outside of the touring cars.

Hahaha.

And I started a new Championship with the Touring cars for some reason instead after the download finnished. Man I like this game.

C.
cvearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-08, 06:16 AM   #28
Koko56

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvearl View Post
So you have to create your own Championships custom made for the other classes outside of the touring cars.

Hahaha.

And I started a new Championship with the Touring cars for some reason instead after the download finnished. Man I like this game.

C.
What?
Old 09-04-08, 03:24 PM   #29
LurkerLito

I just got GTR-Evo and gave it a quick try, and it looks good.

Just a few notes about the disc install, you are given 3 options, Install Online mode (where you can play against others), Offline mode (no multiplayer at all), or both. The both option is really unnecessary as you get all the options with the online mode but you will eat up extra HD space for the offline mode install. Online mode installs steam if you don't have it already and will ask for your serial number. Once associated to your steam account it is permanent so you won't be able to sell the game anymore without selling the steam account you associated the game with. Now the thing with steam is, when I entered my serial it automatically associated to my steam account. That isn't a big deal for me as I won't be selling the game, but it doesn't ask you if you want the game associated with that account or a new one, it ASSUMES that whatever default account you have with steam is the one you will be associating the game too. Not sure how you would get around this other than maybe making another steam user then logging into it before installing this game.

I didn't give it a long play test yet but it is really nice. The one thing that really stood out for me is the sound fx are really a LOT better than GTR2.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-08, 09:48 AM   #30
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Game is on sale at Fry's this week for $14.99.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote