Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-07-08, 02:52 PM   #1
s064809

Default Warhammer is a huge disappointment

Honestly, I have never played any close-beta of Warhammer and I've been a WOW player all along. My MMORPG experience is extensive, from UO, Lineage2, Dragonraja, EQ 1 and 2, Star Wars Galaxy to WOW.

Personally, I think if a MMORPG is meant to be successful, there should be some factors like below:

1. The introductory session of the game like first several levels is very important. I can say EQ2 and WOW have done a very good job (esp. EQ2).

2. The graphics should be reasonably nice. WOW has poor graphics but the clever artist could make use of its "unique" style to cover up the poor polygons and textures. So far, style-wise, WOW has passed in terms of graphics while EQ 2 has got the best graphics among all MMORPGs albeit its insane hardware requirements (I think my current 280GTX PC still can't max all in EQ2 video option)

3. Fun

4. Enough population to sustain its "Mass" as in its category "MMORPG"

ok, in my humble newbabie opinion, I think Warhammer has got a very poor start. I don't know what I should do. What I know is to talk to some guys in the town and kill some monsters or talk to somebody so as to gain some exp. The whole process is boring and I don't feel I actually immense myself in that atmosphere. I've tried 2 sides and basically the feeling is more or less the same.

The graphics are very very poor. I can say it's even poorer than WOW when u judge the graphics holistically. It's even poorer than Guild War and AOC while it claims that it has been on development for several years. I can't believe that. The texture is so lame. The character is so detached from the surrounding environment. The spell looks so lame even though I am a 26 dark mage. The graphics are really lame. That's a huge disappointment.

Also it's not fun and well, that's my personal opinion.

The population of the game is great for now but I think it's gonna go down some months later.

I regret for spending 79.9 on a piece of ... disappointment.
s064809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-08, 03:04 PM   #2
|MaguS|

Default Re: Warhammer is a huge disappointment

How can you judge the population of the game and its future if it hasn't even launched yet? It's only in open beta...
Old 09-07-08, 03:06 PM   #3
Runningman

Quote:
Who the hell pays for a beta?
Runningman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-08, 08:47 AM   #4
Sgt_Pitt

lol are you on drugs?

You've got it right about EQ2 being the king of MMO's but as far as WoW gfx being better than Warhammer, lol not a chance in hell.

As for not knowing what to do when logging in to WAR, all i can say is lol

Having played all 3 games to very high levels, i have to say EQ2 is still so much deeper than WAR.
Old 09-08-08, 08:47 AM   #5
s064809

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runningman View Post
Who the hell pays for a beta?
For players like me who pre-ordered the Collector's Edition and we could play Warhammer a week earlier than other players.

I just judge this game entirely on simple feelings and reasons. I played AOC too but this game even gave me a poorer impression than that of AOC.
s064809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-08, 09:23 AM   #6
Sgt_Pitt

Fair enough, thats your opinion i suppose

I thought AoC was pretty poor, i mean the start area was buggy as hell and most games starting areas should be the hook that gets you in.
Old 09-08-08, 09:41 AM   #7
Ghosthunter

I actually thought the start area of AoC was great! but once you got out of the start area of AoC that is when things went downhill.

I have been playing EQ2 since it launched, and think it starting area and the way it gets you into the game has been great as well. I also have been playing WoW off and on but never really been addicted.

Coming to WAR, the starting area to me just felt like any other generic copy of any other MMORPG, nothing special nothing to grab you, truth is I did felt lost, I had no idea where to even PVP, that everyone was talking about?

I just picked up the quests from the main town and did some of those but it was nothing special same old usual quests like any other, nothing immersive
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-08, 11:19 AM   #8
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by s064809 View Post
Honestly, I have never played any close-beta of Warhammer and I've been a WOW player all along. My MMORPG experience is extensive, from UO, Lineage2, Dragonraja, EQ 1 and 2, Star Wars Galaxy to WOW.

Personally, I think if a MMORPG is meant to be successful, there should be some factors like below:

1. The introductory session of the game like first several levels is very important. I can say EQ2 and WOW have done a very good job (esp. EQ2).

2. The graphics should be reasonably nice. WOW has poor graphics but the clever artist could make use of its "unique" style to cover up the poor polygons and textures. So far, style-wise, WOW has passed in terms of graphics while EQ 2 has got the best graphics among all MMORPGs albeit its insane hardware requirements (I think my current 280GTX PC still can't max all in EQ2 video option)

3. Fun

4. Enough population to sustain its "Mass" as in its category "MMORPG"

ok, in my humble newbabie opinion, I think Warhammer has got a very poor start. I don't know what I should do. What I know is to talk to some guys in the town and kill some monsters or talk to somebody so as to gain some exp. The whole process is boring and I don't feel I actually immense myself in that atmosphere. I've tried 2 sides and basically the feeling is more or less the same.

The graphics are very very poor. I can say it's even poorer than WOW when u judge the graphics holistically. It's even poorer than Guild War and AOC while it claims that it has been on development for several years. I can't believe that. The texture is so lame. The character is so detached from the surrounding environment. The spell looks so lame even though I am a 26 dark mage. The graphics are really lame. That's a huge disappointment.

Also it's not fun and well, that's my personal opinion.

The population of the game is great for now but I think it's gonna go down some months later.

First off the graphics are not worse than WoW. If you don't like the style of War graphics that fine.

The population right now on War is insane. 99% of every server is full.

The first thing you see when you spawn is a guy ready to give you a quest. Then you see on your mini map red patches where the quest activity is. How much more easy do you want this?

The game in PVE is a blast. I love the public quests. That was a brilliant stroke. The question is will there be enough people around later when you start rolling new toons to do the public quests.

With regards to the best graphics in any MMO it is Conan. Nothing comes close to touching it.

My biggest problem is it seems they spent all their time developing the Destruction side and ignored the Order side. This game is so unbalanced it ain't funny. The PVP at lvl 1-10 is complete garbage. If you are a lvl 10 with all the gear you cannot be killed and since everyone plays Destruction, they always win. And if you play a Chosen One, you win everything. That class is so over powered they make druids in WoW look like wusses.

The game is fun but I'm not sure how long the fun will last for me. Those who make predictions on the longevity of this game are simply silly. It is a solid game that will be around for a long time. The question is will they balance out the servers and the classes.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-08, 11:22 AM   #9
Mr.Schme

I don't need to see a user opinion to know WAR is going to flop although it was reassuring. I watched a gameplay trailer for WAR a little while ago and I was in awe. This? This is what people are hyping about? This is it? It looks like out of proportioned characters doing the same **** that they would do in WoW except they look more retarded doing it. As for the starter towns and quest style, I have no comment but it seems like a let down. WoW4Lyfe. Yes I have quit three times and yes I have gone back twice, but i swear this is going to be the last time...
Mr.Schme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-08, 11:43 AM   #10
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Schme View Post
I don't need to see a user opinion to know WAR is going to flop although it was reassuring. I watched a gameplay trailer for WAR a little while ago and I was in awe. This? This is what people are hyping about? This is it? It looks like out of proportioned characters doing the same **** that they would do in WoW except they look more retarded doing it. As for the starter towns and quest style, I have no comment but it seems like a let down. WoW4Lyfe. Yes I have quit three times and yes I have gone back twice, but i swear this is going to be the last time...
This is what I don't get about people. People like you Schme are so worried about a new game coming out. I don't understand that. Why? Why do you care if a new game comes out and flops or succeeds? I also don't get the fanboy crap. Seriously fanboyism is the absolute dumbest thing I have ever seen. You guys actually want other games to fail so you can have some sense that what you have dumped into WoW for the last 4 years actually gives meaning to your habit. How sick is that?

These fanboys are the same tards that run around on their night elf rogue jumping where ever they go. They also constantly spam murloc jokes over and over in the trade channel. Oh but every time one of these players wants to slam someone else in chat they call them a "kid" or say "what are you 14 or something". As if 21 or 22 is actually a adult.

Quote:
I don't need to see a user opinion to know WAR is going to flop although it was reassuring.
This quote is mind numbingly dumb. Why the hell do you care? What is your problem? Do you not get enough iron in your diet? I like to try new games. If they are fun I'll play them but I invest no amount of heart or time in any game.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-08, 12:04 PM   #11
Ghosthunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
My biggest problem is it seems they spent all their time developing the Destruction side and ignored the Order side. This game is so unbalanced it ain't funny. The PVP at lvl 1-10 is complete garbage. If you are a lvl 10 with all the gear you cannot be killed and since everyone plays Destruction, they always win. And if you play a Chosen One, you win everything. That class is so over powered they make druids in WoW look like wusses.

Maybe this was my problem I started I Order side not on Destruction side

Tonight I will try Destruction side to see what it is like
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-08, 12:21 PM   #12
Mr.Schme

I guess you're partially right. I do have a bias towards WoW, it's a great game, but people go off on it about certain aspects of the game in which I think are fine, just differences in opinion. Oh and Stub I'm not worried, not even concerned about WAR, in fact, today was the first time I thought about it since I watched the gameplay. What mainly gets me are the QQers in WoW talking crap about the game that they are CURRENTLY playing and how WAR will be their messiah and all their problems will be solved. Just like how you dislike Obama and his supporters *cough*

As for the fanboy thing, I am a fanboy, even though I don't play anymore, Blizzard has created a game that brought entirely new people into the mmo world, its mainstream, jokes you hear everyday (outside of wow) have derived from it and people know what the hell you're talking about. For it's widespread appeal and what it's created I remain a fanboy.

But you're wrong about assuming how I am over the internet. I am young, yes, but unlike you, I don't like to argue over the internet or start any type of drama, it seems like a waste of time and energy. And I don't do any of the things that you wrote, and I'll assume right back that you're more the type to slam someone with "kid" or a comment about age. What you say and think disappears, but what you write on a forum stays.
Mr.Schme is offline   Reply With Quote