Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-08-08, 12:25 PM   #13
CaptnStubing

Default Re: Warhammer is a huge disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthunter View Post
Maybe this was my problem I started I Order side not on Destruction side

Tonight I will try Destruction side to see what it is like
I really like the Destruction side. I also like the game but I am on the fence still. I can see me playing it for a couple of months then getting bored with it. Time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Schme View Post
I guess you're partially right. I do have a bias towards WoW, it's a great game, but people go off on it about certain aspects of the game in which I think are fine, just differences in opinion. Oh and Stub I'm not worried, not even concerned about WAR, in fact, today was the first time I thought about it since I watched the gameplay. What mainly gets me are the QQers in WoW talking crap about the game that they are CURRENTLY playing and how WAR will be their messiah and all their problems will be solved. Just like how you dislike Obama and his supporters *cough*

As for the fanboy thing, I am a fanboy, even though I don't play anymore, Blizzard has created a game that brought entirely new people into the mmo world, its mainstream, jokes you hear everyday (outside of wow) have derived from it and people know what the hell you're talking about. For it's widespread appeal and what it's created I remain a fanboy.

But you're wrong about assuming how I am over the internet. I am young, yes, but unlike you, I don't like to argue over the internet or start any type of drama, it seems like a waste of time and energy. And I don't do any of the things that you wrote, and I'll assume right back that you're more the type to slam someone with "kid" or a comment about age. What you say and think disappears, but what you write on a forum stays.
Im just ranting.

Secondly you just did do exactly what I said.

I don't slam kids with the kid comment. I usually tell people I am 14 and I like to play WoWzers on my lulz drood.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-08, 12:43 PM   #14
Ghosthunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
I really like the Destruction side. I also like the game but I am on the fence still. I can see me playing it for a couple of months then getting bored with it. Time will tell.

I don't think it is a bad game, just don't see anything unique but I never got to see any PVP yet

How do you PVP? where do you PVP?
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-08, 01:12 PM   #15
s064809

Hoenstly, I expected some huge graphic improvements and some other stuff like improved questing style.

I did some public quests and I quested for exp up to level 16 now. So far, I've found there was only little innovation about the questing style (which looked like a clone of WOW).

Well, I tried to switched to War because I hoped War would be something new but as a matter of fact to quite a large extent, I don't see it could be better than WOW. (Just look at the hotbar. The cooldown animation looked really sick. EA, why don't u pay attention to the details of the game? )

Sorry, I am just trying to express my disappointment and I did not mean to start a troll.
s064809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-08, 01:34 PM   #16
Tr1cK
not coming back

I really want to try this game before I spend another $50. AoC still has me burnt from wasting $80 on it.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-08, 02:32 PM   #17
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
I really want to try this game before I spend another $50. AoC still has me burnt from wasting $80 on it.
I HATED AoC but this game is just not the same. It has something in it that AoC didn't. Fun. It is not the best MMO I've played by you can enjoy this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthunter View Post
I don't think it is a bad game, just don't see anything unique but I never got to see any PVP yet

How do you PVP? where do you PVP?
on the top left part of your mini map there is a dial button you click. It will bring up a pvp scenario. You don't need to go any where to get into these battle ground, how ever there are PVP zones in the game you can walk into that are not instanced like the one I described earlier.
Old 09-08-08, 03:56 PM   #18
Mr.Schme

Quote:
Im just ranting.

Secondly you just did do exactly what I said.

I don't slam kids with the kid comment. I usually tell people I am 14 and I like to play WoWzers on my lulz drood.

How did I? I don't think so.

/argument
/CaptnStubing

I'm Just sayin'.
Mr.Schme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-08, 04:03 PM   #19
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Schme View Post
How did I? I don't think so.

/argument
/CaptnStubing

I'm Just sayin'.
Word!
Old 09-08-08, 06:03 PM   #20
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by s064809 View Post
Honestly, I have never played any close-beta of Warhammer and I've been a WOW player all along. My MMORPG experience is extensive, from UO, Lineage2, Dragonraja, EQ 1 and 2, Star Wars Galaxy to WOW.

Personally, I think if a MMORPG is meant to be successful, there should be some factors like below:

1. The introductory session of the game like first several levels is very important. I can say EQ2 and WOW have done a very good job (esp. EQ2).

2. The graphics should be reasonably nice. WOW has poor graphics but the clever artist could make use of its "unique" style to cover up the poor polygons and textures. So far, style-wise, WOW has passed in terms of graphics while EQ 2 has got the best graphics among all MMORPGs albeit its insane hardware requirements (I think my current 280GTX PC still can't max all in EQ2 video option)

3. Fun

4. Enough population to sustain its "Mass" as in its category "MMORPG"

ok, in my humble newbabie opinion, I think Warhammer has got a very poor start. I don't know what I should do. What I know is to talk to some guys in the town and kill some monsters or talk to somebody so as to gain some exp. The whole process is boring and I don't feel I actually immense myself in that atmosphere. I've tried 2 sides and basically the feeling is more or less the same.

The graphics are very very poor. I can say it's even poorer than WOW when u judge the graphics holistically. It's even poorer than Guild War and AOC while it claims that it has been on development for several years. I can't believe that. The texture is so lame. The character is so detached from the surrounding environment. The spell looks so lame even though I am a 26 dark mage. The graphics are really lame. That's a huge disappointment.

Also it's not fun and well, that's my personal opinion.

The population of the game is great for now but I think it's gonna go down some months later.

I regret for spending 79.9 on a piece of ... disappointment.
Ok...
Well that is JUST YOUR opinion...but I dont think your playing the same game that I am...or especially not siince open beta.
How can you possibly say the graphics are poor?
The graphics make wow look like a cartoon drawing done by a 5yr old kid.

The game play..is amazing...
Did you not compete in any of the public quests or the scenarios?

I personally think you are one of those people that walked in..played for 1 h
hour....couldnt get the hang of it and then decided it was to hard and you hated it.

*shrug*

Old 09-08-08, 06:17 PM   #21
Dvahlish

Quote:
This is what I don't get about people. People like you Schme are so worried about a new game coming out. I don't understand that. Why? Why do you care if a new game comes out and flops or succeeds? I also don't get the fanboy crap. Seriously fanboyism is the absolute dumbest thing I have ever seen. You guys actually want other games to fail so you can have some sense that what you have dumped into WoW for the last 4 years actually gives meaning to your habit. How sick is that?

These fanboys are the same tards that run around on their night elf rogue jumping where ever they go. They also constantly spam murloc jokes over and over in the trade channel. Oh but every time one of these players wants to slam someone else in chat they call them a "kid" or say "what are you 14 or something". As if 21 or 22 is actually a adult.

This quote is mind numbingly dumb. Why the hell do you care? What is your problem? Do you not get enough iron in your diet? I like to try new games. If they are fun I'll play them but I invest no amount of heart or time in any game.
LOL Stubbing Very well said.....
I have found for "some" reason that the biggest critics of WAR have infact been diehard wow players......
It doesnt surprise me at all...and the attitude of many wow players is one of the reason I left that game in the furst place...a bunch of elitest wankers that could bear the thought for just one minute that there might be a gme released that might challenge thier beloved MMORPG....

If you love wow...thats fine..play the damn game but is there any need to flame every other MMORPG that comes into existence?
There can be more than onre good game out there ! *shock*

I think WAR is great and I think it will challenge Blizz...but so what?
I just hope that the wow players go down with thier sinking ship, but I bet most of them will end up playing WAR eventually anyway.
Old 09-08-08, 06:36 PM   #22
Tr1cK
not coming back

The only thing I am disappointed with is the slow ass speed of the beta download.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-08, 06:42 PM   #23
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish View Post
LOL Stubbing Very well said.....
I have found for "some" reason that the biggest critics of WAR have infact been diehard wow players......
It doesnt surprise me at all...and the attitude of many wow players is one of the reason I left that game in the furst place...a bunch of elitest wankers that could bear the thought for just one minute that there might be a gme released that might challenge thier beloved MMORPG....

If you love wow...thats fine..play the damn game but is there any need to flame every other MMORPG that comes into existence?
There can be more than onre good game out there ! *shock*

I think WAR is great and I think it will challenge Blizz...but so what?
I just hope that the wow players go down with thier sinking ship, but I bet most of them will end up playing WAR eventually anyway.
Exactly. I really like WoW but I want something new. Yeah War isn't completely innovative and what not but it is a solidly fun game. I don't understand how you can be beholden to a "game" that is insane to me. I will play any game made by anyone if it is fun.
Old 09-08-08, 10:51 PM   #24
Dvahlish

Quote:
Exactly. I really like WoW but I want something new. Yeah War isn't completely innovative and what not but it is a solidly fun game. I don't understand how you can be beholden to a "game" that is insane to me. I will play any game made by anyone if it is fun.
Here here!
Isnt fun what its all supposed to be about?
Some people seem to lose sight of that very important fact.

While I dont think WAR is exactly innovative...I do think they have bought some great play to the table.
I have only ever played wow before, so im not sure if the public quests are a feature of any other MMORPG...but personally I think they are great!

So far the thing that I have enjoyed the most anyway.

And I do like the idea of adavancing your guild through different tiers for guild rewards aswell....although im not entirely sure what this all entails as we are not going to worry about our guild until game release anyway.

I think the reward system in WAR seems much fairer.