Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > General Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-17-03, 07:30 PM   #1
skauch

Default nvnet under 2.4.21 and 2.4.22-rc2

OK, i'm using the nForce 1.0-0261 drivers on an Epox 8RDA+ MB for this. The nvnet driver compiles and loads ok under both 2.4.21 and 2.4.22-rc2 however it doesn't work under either.

In 2.4.21 it detects the correct frame type (Ethernet) but its MAC address is 0C:FF:00:00:00:00, and it can't use the network (DHCP or staticly assigned IPs)

Under 2.4.22-RC2 it doesn't know what type of frame is being used and its MAC address is 16 octets long of which there is about 3 octets of non-zero values (I didn't write these down but I can if need be).

Any experiences or ideas? Was there a patch before 2.4.21 to the network driver API or something?

Thanks
skauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-03, 06:56 AM   #2
connyosis
Eggplant

Send a message via ICQ to connyosis

Well since 2.4.22 isnt stable yet, I suggest you send a bugreport to the kernel developers so this issue can be fixed before the kernel goes stable.
Old 08-18-03, 07:01 AM   #3
skauch

OK, its sorted now... though a bug report is still probably a good idea. my eth0 isn't actually my nforce card. I don't know what it is. I turned off all networking modules in the config, but there is still some phantom driver in the kernel.

ie eth1 is my nforce card and it works fine.
skauch is offline   Reply With Quote