Default Re: Warhammer is a huge disappointment

How much is it like DAoC?
Old 09-09-08, 12:25 AM   #26
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorion View Post
How much is it like DAoC?
I only played DAOC very briefly...I can some some similarities but really it is leaps and bounds ahead of DAOC graphic wise.
Old 09-09-08, 01:47 AM   #27
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

You kids still going for the fanboism card anytime someone says something you don't like to hear eh? two games that had a real chance at becoming real popular came and went. One had a major movie liscense going for it, the other had a rather unique world and a noticable graphics upgrade as well as nudity, and still failed. This game has nothing special going for it besides being based on a world only nerds know about (seriously, most GAMERS don't know what warhammer is). I seriously doubt its going to have any better success.
Old 09-09-08, 06:28 AM   #28
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
You kids still going for the fanboism card anytime someone says something you don't like to hear eh? two games that had a real chance at becoming real popular came and went. One had a major movie liscense going for it, the other had a rather unique world and a noticable graphics upgrade as well as nudity, and still failed. This game has nothing special going for it besides being based on a world only nerds know about (seriously, most GAMERS don't know what warhammer is). I seriously doubt its going to have any better success.
WTF are you talking about? Some of the most successful franchises were created from scratch... UO, EQ are 2. I hope you're not referring to AoC. That game caters to the crowd that think graphics = gameplay. It's probably the most shallow online game I've ever played.

The current best 2 MMOs are WoW and LOTRO and one is based off a movie-book. WAR is going to be insanely popular because it copies both of those and is PvP-centric unlike AoCs "PvP" ROFL! There is a winning formula with general game mechanics that WoW, LOTRO, and WAR all use. They are based on gameplay, either PvE or PvP, not graphics.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-08, 06:44 AM   #29
LordJuanlo
Widescreen rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
two games that had a real chance at becoming real popular came and went. One had a major movie liscense going for it, the other had a rather unique world and a noticable graphics upgrade as well as nudity, and still failed
LOL, are you serious?. LOTRO is very far from failing, the game has a very strong player base, on my server there is always tons of people online, and Mines of Moria expansion is going to be something huge, epic. This game is already a success, very far from WoW of course, but isn't going to die soon.
ATI 5870 (Graphics) + GeForce 9600GT (PhysX) on Samsung SM244T 1920x1200
LG GGW-H20L BluRay & HD-DVD / Logitech Z-5500 5.1 DTS / Westone 3 Earphones
Asus Xonar D2 / 360 Elite Wireless Controller / Gigabyte Odin GT 800W
Windows 7 x64
(also a 360 and a PSP )
LordJuanlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-08, 07:10 AM   #30
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

I think the entire point of Warhammer Online has flown right over some peoples heads(op)

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-08, 07:53 AM   #31
Slybri

Warhammer has been okay so far. The biggest improvement they've made over WOW is making it more solo friendly. You don't need to be in an uber-guild to do a public quest or find an open group to join. It's the whole "alone together" idea of playing a solo game surrounded by thousands of other players. You just do your own thing and kinda fall into group play. I'm only level 7, but I haven't come across any Raid instances that require 40 organized players and a week of preparation in order to see game content and rewards. You can play WAR as a game, not a job. Maybe that's not for some people, but personally I love it.

The game could use some more polish, and the beta is full of bugs. But I like it so far. I'll give it a go, but I don't wanna throw away 2 years of my life like I did with WOW.

I've been playing WAR and SPORE this week, and I've been having more fun with SPORE.

"Nice shot William Burroughs! You hold a gun like a guy who plays Riven!"
------ The Venture Bros.
Slybri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-08, 10:45 AM   #32
Sabadin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slybri View Post
The biggest improvement they've made over WOW is making it more solo friendly.
Seriously, levelling in wow is an utter joke compared to this game.
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-09-08, 10:50 AM   #33
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
Exactly. I really like WoW but I want something new. Yeah War isn't completely innovative and what not but it is a solidly fun game. I don't understand how you can be beholden to a "game" that is insane to me. I will play any game made by anyone if it is fun.
Sell me a cheap copy of War.

I don't feel like paying retail price... especially after you talked me into AOC.
Old 09-09-08, 10:51 AM   #34
NiukNiuk
The one and only

I've downloaded the 10gigs of the open beta a week ago
And since the beginning of the beta, the war europe website shows news about all the problemes GOA has: impossibility to create an account, to register a beta key etc
It's been three days now, and we still can't register an account...
I uninstalled the game.
Ram: G.Skill Kit Extreme2 2 x 2 Go PC6400 PK
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 512 Mo
Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2 sound card
Monitor: Iiyama ProLite B2403WS -B1
NiukNiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-08, 11:10 AM   #35
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Sell me a cheap copy of War.

I don't feel like paying retail price... especially after you talked me into AOC.
I didn't talk you into anything. I told you my honest opinion of AoC at that time. Little did I know the content ran out at lvl 50. I have fun with it for two months then it went into the garbage.

This game is more fun than AoC but I would wait if you are on the fence. If the content runs out again I will be pissed and won't be playing any MMOs ever again.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-08, 12:11 PM   #36
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
I didn't talk you into anything. I told you my honest opinion of AoC at that time. Little did I know the content ran out at lvl 50. I have fun with it for two months then it went into the garbage.

This game is more fun than AoC but I would wait if you are on the fence. If the content runs out again I will be pissed and won't be playing any MMOs ever again.
Bah I dislike starting MMOs late because then I am behind everyone...

Anyway, I just renewed my WoW Account for 6 months.