Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 200 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-09-08, 04:15 PM   #13
indef

Default Re: Weird Issues (?) With My New GTX 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderray View Post
it's really a stange problem and i don't know how to settle it either.
Anyway,I hope the problem will be settled as soon as possible so that you can enjoy your gtx260 without any scruple
Thank you
indef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-08, 04:21 PM   #14
indef

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticblue View Post
Just Regsitered...I have the Same Exact problem...I just picked up a GTX 260 OCE (BFG) and after the install I installed the latest drivers...Now I have a popping sound and the sound is coming out completely messed up from my Creative X-fi...I tried uninstalling the X-fi drivers and no luck...

I just disabled the X-fi in the Drivers section and am using the onboard Realtek HD of my P5N-D board....anyone have any ideas on a fix??
I'm guessing the drivers don't like your Xi-Fi drivers. I don't use an add-on sound card (I have USB stereo speakers), so I couldn't really give you a fix.

Anyways, I think I solved my problem. I uninstalled my monitor drivers and Driver Sweeped the Forceware drivers (177.41), plugged in my old LCD and installed Forceware. Then I unplugged my old LCD and plugged in my main LCD, and now it is working fine. I know this because before, even when it wasn't making the noise, I could still faintly hear some noise coming from the speakers, but now my monitor is completely quiet.
indef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-08, 07:54 AM   #15
pingu2

does your monitor have a microphone?
pingu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-08, 03:41 PM   #16
arcticblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by indef View Post
I'm guessing the drivers don't like your Xi-Fi drivers. I don't use an add-on sound card (I have USB stereo speakers), so I couldn't really give you a fix.

Anyways, I think I solved my problem. I uninstalled my monitor drivers and Driver Sweeped the Forceware drivers (177.41), plugged in my old LCD and installed Forceware. Then I unplugged my old LCD and plugged in my main LCD, and now it is working fine. I know this because before, even when it wasn't making the noise, I could still faintly hear some noise coming from the speakers, but now my monitor is completely quiet.
I tried rolling back the drivers....On both the soundcard and the Video Card...I tried to look for new Nforce Drivers for the Mobo....but No luck...I have just resorted to using the Realtek drivers and the 7.1 onboard sound

I searched around the internet and found about 1000 articles talking about screeching X-fi's and how Creative has no fix for it....
arcticblue is offline   Reply With Quote