Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-08, 09:06 AM   #50
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Default Re: Warhammer is a huge disappointment

Quote:
but to me that just shows the game is very unbalanced,
Which is something that I have been hearing universaly and imo will be what eventualy makes people leave the game, most likely sooner then later.

WoW has pvp imbalance but it wasn't outright known until much later, most people specced in their solo trees were doing simular damages. I happen to hate WoW's pvp, even now. Its still very cookie cutter like and no good PvP can come down to not being able to take down a class because of the class you happen to choose at the beggining of the game.

GW is still the best pvp game out there, and for a good 2 reasons.

#1 every class, paired with what ever secondary you want, has the spells to counter any and every thing another class can throw at you. You can't put everything on your spell bar, but the ability is there.

#2 You don't even need to level a character to pvp. Guild Wars will let you start a level 20 character (its limited to the pvp zones, cant drag it into the pve areas), of which you can buy your spells and armor through pvp points (although, you do need to unlock alot through pve.. or purchase the unlock packs from the online store).
Old 09-10-08, 10:56 AM   #51
Xav
Professional NV Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthunter View Post
I played the destruction side last night,

I really enjoyed that side much better then order

but to me that just shows the game is very unbalanced,

also why do I keep getting this message

this target is not attackable
That bug IS annoying.

The thing about destro is that it's popular because it has the half naked elf chicks, greenskins and the crazy spikey armor so it initially appeals to a big user base.

It's not class imbalance which WOULD be the killer.

Once people start playing they get past the looks and see what classes give them fits... next thing you know you have alot of folks jumping ship to Order to play that Bright Wiz or War Priest that kept owning them. Combine that with the way the server caps the sides to keep balance and you won't have to worry about getting steamrolled.

I see destro getting owned in the scenarios all the time now. Once the hooplah dies down over the witch elf's thong and the chosen's armor I think we will see Order's population start to spike. I saw it happen during closed beta.

It also happened in WoW with everyone wanting to be Legolasssss and play NE's. Eventually they got over it and spread out. Even though Alliance was more popular..Horde did fine.

System II: C2D E8400 || Gigabyte GA-EP35 || 2GB Gskill DDR2 1066 || XFX GTX 260 Black Edition || Audigy 2 || Corsair TX650 || Klipsch PM 2.1 || Gateway 2185W LCD

Consoles: 360/PS3
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-08, 11:08 AM   #52
Xav
Professional NV Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
Black Orcs are just hilariously bad ass. Guess what I rolled?
Yeah..the greenskins are hilarious. My biggest issue is deciding what to play first come Sunday.

Squig Herder or Warrior Priest. Love em both.

Then again..I love the Shaman, Magus, Witch Hunter, Engineer, White Lion...gonna have sooo many alts.

Need more hours in the day to play....

System II: C2D E8400 || Gigabyte GA-EP35 || 2GB Gskill DDR2 1066 || XFX GTX 260 Black Edition || Audigy 2 || Corsair TX650 || Klipsch PM 2.1 || Gateway 2185W LCD

Old 09-10-08, 06:14 PM   #53
Slybri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Schme View Post
Leveling in Wow has never been easier. A patch a while back made you gain 15% more exp from kills, quests, and made each level req for a good chunks of levels 15% less. Along with the buddy system they set up (300% exp from kills, quests? and you get 1 level for every 3 your friend gets) I bet leveling will be cake. I bet if you played enough in a week and i'm not saying 24/7, you can get to 60. As for a job, you make it a job, or you make it a game, that's how i've see it.

I never said anything about leveling being easier than WoW. I agree, leveling in WOW was always super easy. Even more so after BC. Now, you could probably get to level 60 in a day with the "recruit a friend" bonuses. And you could easily solo your way to the level cap anytime. But then what?

What I meant was that WAR seems more solo friendly as a whole, even more so than WOW. In WOW, you had to be commited to an organized guild in order to enjoy the end game dungeons and raids. And finding a good PUG for any instance was always a pain.

But WAR is really a different game altogether, even though it looks like WOW on the surface. WOW is built around PvE, with PvP added in later on the side. WAR is built from the ground up as a PvP focused game. Just look at the world maps of both games and you can see it. WOW is this huge open world that you explore. WAR is 3 seperate wars with 6 paths to the front lines and the endgame. And along the way there are public quests, open groups, and RvR scenarios where you can gear up. You can participate in the final RvR endgame without being commited to an uber guild and playing for 5 hours a night.

That might not be what a lot of WOW fans are looking for, but I'm gonna give it a shot.

"Nice shot William Burroughs! You hold a gun like a guy who plays Riven!"
------ The Venture Bros.
Slybri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-08, 09:46 PM   #54
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Pitt View Post
I'm not even going to bother telling you how deep EQ2 is, because your all so obsessed with that POS kiddie game called WoW.

Anyway WAR is ok, but after being in beta for a few months all i can say is it doesnt have the depth of EQ2.

The only good things about WAR are the Public Quests and RVR, most of the quests are as shallow as WoW, i.e kill 10 rats.
I didnt actually find that...I found alot of the quests to be a lot of fun honestly...its more discovering than grinding....well, that was what I found anyway.
I liked the fact that you can get xxp through PQ's and the scenarios aswell....questing isnt as necessary in WAR.

I think the game is great, im loving it still and I cant see that changing.
Old 09-10-08, 10:26 PM   #55
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slybri View Post
I never said anything about leveling being easier than WoW. I agree, leveling in WOW was always super easy. Even more so after BC. Now, you could probably get to level 60 in a day with the "recruit a friend" bonuses. And you could easily solo your way to the level cap anytime. But then what?

What I meant was that WAR seems more solo friendly as a whole, even more so than WOW. In WOW, you had to be commited to an organized guild in order to enjoy the end game dungeons and raids. And finding a good PUG for any instance was always a pain.

But WAR is really a different game altogether, even though it looks like WOW on the surface. WOW is built around PvE, with PvP added in later on the side. WAR is built from the ground up as a PvP focused game. Just look at the world maps of both games and you can see it. WOW is this huge open world that you explore. WAR is 3 seperate wars with 6 paths to the front lines and the endgame. And along the way there are public quests, open groups, and RvR scenarios where you can gear up. You can participate in the final RvR endgame without being commited to an uber guild and playing for 5 hours a night.

That might not be what a lot of WOW fans are looking for, but I'm gonna give it a shot.
Yeh Im finding exactly this...Its nice to walk into a PQ and not have to be in a party or guild to complete it. A few times I have joined a PQ (simple just by walking into one...no ques....no finding healer, tanks...dps) and a player has invited me to join a warband, which I have done...but its not neccessary and im not really sure what benefit you gain by joining one anyway.

So many people are spending way to much time comparing WOW and WAR...they are different games, no matter how similar or disimilar they look and they both have thier good and bad points.
One doesnt have to be better than the other because everyone will have thier own preferences.

I think the people in wow that love thier BG's and Arenas in wow, may find something that appeals to them in WAR.
Old 09-11-08, 01:53 AM   #56
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

I saw one of those public quest... and laughed... laughed as it was completed by a bunch of zergling noobs. Where is the challenge? Seriously.. if you are so hard up about not being in groups or guilds.. why the hell play an mmo? And if you are praising an MMO for being so friendly at not needing groups or guilds, then I think that says something about it failing as an mmo. Give me dungeons and raids any day.

Old 09-11-08, 06:50 AM   #57
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
I saw one of those public quest... and laughed... laughed as it was completed by a bunch of zergling noobs. Where is the challenge? Seriously.. if you are so hard up about not being in groups or guilds.. why the hell play an mmo? And if you are praising an MMO for being so friendly at not needing groups or guilds, then I think that says something about it failing as an mmo. Give me dungeons and raids any day.
Because the first 5-10 levels are fully representative of the whole game. Those level 10 raids in WoW got me really geared out too.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-08, 08:22 AM   #58
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
Because the first 5-10 levels are fully representative of the whole game. Those level 10 raids in WoW got me really geared out too.
The first 20 levels of ever MMO are great. It's after that most MMOs fall apart.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-08, 08:28 AM   #59
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
The first 20 levels of ever MMO are great. It's after that most MMOs fall apart.
In a lot of them, yes. But, a lot of them I also ****-canned before I got in too deep like AoC, EQ2, Tabula Rasa, AO, GW. I knew they were either buggy (AoC, TR, AO), were crap (AoC, TR) or just didn't have what I wanted in a game (all of those).
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-08, 09:01 AM   #60
Xav
Professional NV Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post

Did WAR do something to offend or hurt you personally jeff? You really seem to have some sort of vendetta against it. Just curious really.

Early PQs are not meant to be huge "events"...they are a tool to get folks grouping and interacting as a community (as well as being a cool way to net some nice gear). If you get into the teen lvls you'd see that they get harder and more spread out where you need to coordinate almost in small raid fashion. Eventually they get to be zonewide requiring more cohesion and concerted efforts by the people involved.

It sounds like WAR is not the game for you and you are waiting for EQ3. So you are just bashing while you wait?