Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 200 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-12-08, 10:40 PM   #49
namuk

Default Re: So why should I buy a GTX280 again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoudazo View Post
This is one of the worst fanboy responses I have ever heard. I like Nvidia, I often invest in their stock, but even Nvidia admits they under estimated ATI.

Secondly, if you're going to stay around here, please do not post such annoying vitriolic criticisms.

lol

vitriolic

PC connected to above sound system- GA-X58A-UD7,Intel i7 920 D0,Corsair 1600 6GB. 480GTX .prelude xfi. 1TB RE3,1TB Black,RE2 500GB,2X Raptors, Enermax Galaxy 1000w.Alphacool External LCD.Coolermaster Stacker 830 Evolution 'nVidia' Special Edition
namuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-08, 10:41 PM   #50
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadReaction View Post
Unlike others i believe Nvidia this round, In my eyes the 4870 x2 was a complete epic failure. It runs like ass Crossfired, produces more heat than elevator full of obese pregnant woman on the way to hell, and has more issues than a than the United states government. Why anyone would buy it is beyond me. I'm yet to see someone give me a good reason to get one the GTX 280 is able of beating it and its single GPU. ****ing fail. Can't wait for the 55nm revision so i can get mine.
I'm leaning toward the GTX280, but your post is pure garbage, and your doing nVidia and the GTX280 a dis-service by spuing crap like this... back this up with benchmarks, url's and/or articles...
Vanzagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-08, 10:46 PM   #51
namuk

Quote:
Unlike others i believe Nvidia this round, In my eyes the 4870 x2 was a complete epic failure. It runs like ass Crossfired, produces more heat than elevator full of obese pregnant woman on the way to hell, and has more issues than a than the United states government. Why anyone would buy it is beyond me. I'm yet to see someone give me a good reason to get one the GTX 280 is able of beating it and its single GPU. ****ing fail. Can't wait for the 55nm revision so i can get mine.

Spoudazo the above has a point mate .. nothing is perfect .. whats that word again lol piss funny you got owned there even noob tubed . speak soon or cod4

PC connected to above sound system- GA-X58A-UD7,Intel i7 920 D0,Corsair 1600 6GB. 480GTX .prelude xfi. 1TB RE3,1TB Black,RE2 500GB,2X Raptors, Enermax Galaxy 1000w.Alphacool External LCD.Coolermaster Stacker 830 Evolution 'nVidia' Special Edition
Old 09-12-08, 10:53 PM   #52
RoadReaction
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanzagar View Post
I'm leaning toward the GTX280, but your post is pure garbage, and your doing nVidia and the GTX280 a dis-service by spuing crap like this... back this up with benchmarks, url's and/or articles...
You fail for saying that my post was garbage, care to back that up? Anyone can post their opinion, you cant call my post garbage without evidence. The Internet is done a diservice with failure of trolls, please try harder next time. My Post was completely opnianated but ill post a few Benches to keep your trap shut.

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...50aHVzaWFzdA==
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/200...n-hd-4870-x2/1

A single GPU coming close or beating a "Next generation" Dual gpu is ****ing pathetic. Not to mention the GT200 is more reliable as well as effiecent then the R700. The tempature the 4870 x2 is horrid 90 c? Are you kidding me ill stick with a real graphics card. First it takes them forever to upgrade from their 90nm cards, and this failure of a dual gpu, no thanks NVidia has my money once more.
RoadReaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-08, 11:02 PM   #53
namuk

Quote:
You fail for saying that my post was garbage, care to back that up? Anyone can post their opinion, you cant call my post garbage without evidence. The Internet is done a diservice with failure of trolls, please try harder next time. My Post was completely opnianated but ill post a few Benches to keep your trap shut.

A single GPU coming close or beating a "Next generation" Dual gpu is ****ing pathetic. Not to mention the GT200 is more reliable as well as effiecent then the R700. The tempature the 4870 x2 is horrid 90 c? Are you kidding me ill stick with a real graphics card. First it takes them forever to upgrade from their 90nm cards, and this failure of a dual gpu, no thanks NVidia has my money once more.

mate just get a 280 and leave it ok

Old 09-12-08, 11:14 PM   #54
JoJomomo
*BANNED*

Quote:

I'll go ahead and be the fist one to say it. YOUR A DUMBASS.

I have seen the 4870X2 in action for myself and it runs like a dream, even in Quad Crossfire it was perfect, no microstuttering or anything else of that nature.

Also your a TOOL if you really believe that a GTX 280 is just as fast as a 4870X2.
JoJomomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-08, 11:27 PM   #55
RoadReaction
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJomomo View Post
I'll go ahead and be the fist one to say it. YOUR A DUMBASS.

I have seen the 4870X2 in action for myself and it runs like a dream, even in Quad Crossfire it was perfect, no microstuttering or anything else of that nature.

Also your a TOOL if you really believe that a GTX 280 is just as fast as a 4870X2.
Ill say it first, ATI hasnt made a single decent card since AMD bought them, oh wait that's been said before, and beaten like a dead horse. Everything in your post is horse****. Just read the reviews in my other post. The GTX 280 does beat or come close to beating the 4870x2 in some games.
RoadReaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-08, 11:30 PM   #56
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL View Post
They all use the same reference design coolers from nvidia, they just put their own sticker on them. eVGA and BFG are easily the most widespread brands, at least in the USA. You can actually buy them in retail stores, where as most others you cannot.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say flat out that the results of that poll are practically worthless. I see a lot of people getting the wrong idea about it and considering how often this forum pops up on google I'm surprised we haven't had any BFG or eVGA reps in here pointing out that it doesn't mean their cards have more problems.
I have posted on this before

Yes the graph is misleading, and I can tell you that no EVGA cards should experience this, there was corrective action taken months ago.

Old 09-13-08, 12:12 AM   #57
Lfctony

Jacob, do you test motherboards as well? My brand new eVGA 780i looked like it had thermal paste around the CPU socket. It was most definitely sealed in its box though...
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-08, 01:02 AM   #58
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

Quote:

Lol, ya and thanks for linking to a PREVIEW of the 4870 x2, not even a legitimate review... Garbage x2...

Then a snippet from the other link you provided...
Quote:
Final Thoughts
AMD has done a great job with the Radeon HD 4870 X2 and it has snatched the crown for the fastest graphics card in the world back from Nvidia in the process...
Epic Fail...

Did you even read your own links?? Not exactly the brightest bulb on the xmas tree are you... at least now I know of yet another spaced out fanboy to ignore...

oh yeah and your right the 4870 X2 is the only one with temp issues *rolls eyes*
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=114925

Vanz
Vanzagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-08, 09:14 AM   #59
Xion X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Reaction
Not to mention the GT200 is more reliable [than 4870x2]

No disrespect to the 280 owners here, but this argument just cannot be made with a straight face. Go look on Rage3d and see if there are two separate topic stickied at the top of the page with reliability/overheating issues that total 12 pages in length like there are here.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=114925

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=115423

Here's a hint: You won't find them. In terms of reliability the card is flawless by comparison to the 280. Hopefully Nvidia can work out the remaining issues with the 280 as it's a good performer.

Quote:
You fail for saying that my post was garbage, care to back that up?
Done. I'd like to see a 280 setup that can run Grid at 214fps at the following settings: 1920x, 12xAA w/ transparency supersampling.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...5&postcount=54

And as for your comment about "heat" is concerned, it's no worse than having 2 GTX280s crammed in your box. With fans running at 40% on all 4 GPUs, I get low 40s at idle:

Your nonsense about Crossfire scaling is also pure hilarity. I have owned both SLI and Crossfire setups (see HERE to view my 8800GTX SLI setup of last gen,) and Crossfire scaling has been just as good if not better than SLI. I would actually say that it's been better as it seems to be more consistent.

I haven't had the pleasure of testing a 280 or 260 SLI rig to test scaling with, but I'm sure the chances are that it's been improved upon as well.

Quote:
Anyone can post their opinion, you cant call my post garbage without evidence.
Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firingsquad
In our testing the Radeon 4870 X2 often ran over 30% faster than the GeForce GTX 280, which is the board that previously held the title of world’s fastest overall graphics card. The only case where the 4870 X2 was really outgunned was Crysis. This is because CrossFire still doesn’t seem to scale well in this game. Everywhere else though the Radeon HD 4870 X2 wiped the floor with the GeForce GTX 280.
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/...iew/page12.asp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardocp
As you can see, moving up to the Radeon HD 4870 X2 CrossFireX configuration we are now able to set the absolute highest AA setting possible here, 24X CFAA WITH Adaptive AA! Yes, 24X CFAA with Adaptive AA, and getting an average framerate of 51 FPS. Holy cow, what else is there to say really? It blows the doors off of the GTX 280.

Quote:
The Internet is done a diservice with failure of trolls
You're right. Would you mind logging off and saving us your drivel?

I know this is an Nvidia forum, but many of us have experienced both vendors (Nvidia and ATI) and have trouble keeping quiet when we see such a catastrophic level of bulls#&^ spouted such as the above.

Be gone, troll. Your knowledge of PCs is about on the level of this chick:

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-08, 09:21 AM   #60
namuk

i take it a tin of worms has been opened this debate ATI V NVIDIA is new just going to get some popcorn .

oh yes with the X2 ATI you get a nice v-neck jumper also