Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 200 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-16-08, 07:46 PM   #169
Xion X2

Default Re: NVIDIA says it will win back performance leadership this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginfest View Post
Anyone who doesn't realize that "Big Red" does the same thing, only surreptitiously, doesn't have a clue IMHO.
Alright, then name one individual on this forum who is trolling for ATI. And I'm not talking about those who are a fan of ATI but those who intentionally jump into any and every discussion that puts Nvidia in a good light and attempt to persuade the masses--both on Nvidia and ATI forums--to go with ATI products.

I've yet to see one, and I've looked. Hard.

And don't say Heinz, because I've seen him say good things about Nvidia on occasion. So he doesn't count. He just seems to like ATI a lot this time around.. God bless him.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-08, 11:49 AM   #170
Shocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolyth View Post
In all seriousness I don't think NVIDIA will win back its performance leadership this year.
Me neither, but it would be nice if they did and with a single gpu based card, not interested in SLI or Crossfire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2 View Post
Alright, then name one individual on this forum who is trolling for ATI. And I'm not talking about those who are a fan of ATI but those who intentionally jump into any and every discussion that puts Nvidia in a good light and attempt to persuade the masses--both on Nvidia and ATI forums--to go with ATI products.

I've yet to see one, and I've looked. Hard.
Did you check the mirrior?
Shocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-08, 12:31 PM   #171
Xion X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocky View Post
Did you check the mirrior?
So which one qualifies me as an ATI troll, Shocky?

Perhaps it's when I spent over 1500$ on SLI'd 8800GTXs and 680i and built a guide to help fellow G80 owners with their setups:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...=xion+poseidon

Or perhaps it was apparent when I replaced my 2900XT with an 8800 Ultra last year:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...postcount=1288

Or perhaps it's because I'm telling individuals within the last few weeks to go with an Nvidia card over an ATI card depending on their needs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2 on "Convince me to buy a GTX260"

More VRAM (896 vs 512.)

If it's something you're going to hang onto for 2-3 years, then you'll need more than 512MB[4870].
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...66&postcount=7

Quite an efficient troll, I am, by personally lining the competitor's pockets and sending extra business their way.

What's funny is that I haven't changed my core perspective one bit in the last two years I have been on this forum. I haven't clinged to one company or the other--have owned both Nvidia and ATI products and have spoken on behalf of both while focusing on FACTS, not fanboy-driven "feelings" as the focus of my replies. So if individuals like yourself take offense to that by foolishly and inaccurately calling me a troll, then I would say that it's YOU, not I, who needs to look in the mirror and re-examine yourself to see if such a fragile ego can withstand a personality like mine.

Good luck with that bit of self-discovery.

By the way, how's razor doing? He finally got himself banned from Rage3D, I saw.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote