Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-17-08, 11:34 AM   #457
Lfctony

Default Re: Stalker Clear Sky

It is actually. It's part of the control points needed to proceed the story. Hence my disappointment.

The mission is the farm, the one that has around 15 stalkers for you to take out...
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-08, 12:15 PM   #458
Jonelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfctony View Post
It is actually. It's part of the control points needed to proceed the story. Hence my disappointment.

The mission is the farm, the one that has around 15 stalkers for you to take out...

You do not need to personally take control points in the swamp. I have spent twice this part , and you can pass without firing a shot , without killing a single enemy.

You active some attacks with his presence, the NPGs can take the points themselves. I do not know if this will help you .

It is not necessary for "Clear Sky" take all the points, just a few key points. We need to control the farm in the south, where the guide will take you Cordon - try to go Cordon day, the passage is very difficult.

I do not know if this will serve you something, perhaps you are in Cordon
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-08, 02:52 PM   #459
Jonelo

You have still the 1.503 - 1,001 worldwide- version ?

You have a good information about the crashes in the log folder in STALKER-STCS, the last file , is a text file . The infomation is in the ending of the file
Old 09-17-08, 03:05 PM   #460
asd

I got sound problem in clear sky, I am using winXP SP3 with the soundblaster x-fi elite pro, 7.1 speakers setting with the newest driver installed, but when I play the game, some kind of "noisy" will appear, just like some electric noisy or broken sound effect, after 1~2 mintues they are gone, but after playing awhile, it appear again, I tried turn off the EAX in the sound option menu but it still keep happening, anyone know how to fix it?

Note: I know my sound card and the speaker are in good codition because it only happen in STALKER and Clear sky, other games like Vegas 2, mass effect, Two Worlds, CoH, Bioshock, CS:S and the others didn't got any sound error.
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-08, 03:32 PM   #461
Lfctony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonelo View Post
You do not need to personally take control points in the swamp. I have spent twice this part , and you can pass without firing a shot , without killing a single enemy.

You active some attacks with his presence, the NPGs can take the points themselves. I do not know if this will help you .

It is not necessary for "Clear Sky" take all the points, just a few key points. We need to control the farm in the south, where the guide will take you Cordon - try to go Cordon day, the passage is very difficult.

I do not know if this will serve you something, perhaps you are in Cordon
That's the point where I'm stuck. The farm is a red objective. I've taken out everyone there and it says to wait until help arrives. But it stays there, nobody comes and the objective won't complete... Thus the game is broken ATM... Really disappointing...
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

Boycott Starforce...

Old 09-17-08, 04:49 PM   #462
Jonelo

You can upload a savegame of this point , to see the situation ?
Old 09-17-08, 05:21 PM   #463
Xion X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by malachi1313 View Post
I cant start the FRIKKIN game!!! I have the direct2drive version{patched to latest version} and everytime i try to start the game I get a bluescreen caused by atksgt.sys. I looked it up and it says its caused by the Tages copy protection. I tried removing the tages drivers but it still causes the blue screen. Running Vista ultimate 64-bit and am not having any luck troubleshooting this prob. Anyone else having probs?
Right click the game icon or the executable and run as administrator. That usually fixes copy protection bugs for me.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-08, 05:28 PM   #464
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0 View Post
for some reason i can't kill the mutants at the mutant lair in agroprom because the game crashes once the mutants react to you. anybody encountered this crash?

i was already in yantar, already assisted the guys in turning off the psi emission, but i didn't followed strelok yet to red forest because i want to finish the sidequests in agroprom. have you encountered this problem and do you have any solutions to this crash guys?

if this has no solution then i'll avoid this mission for the meantime...
Yeah, i have the same problem. You're not running any mods are you?
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-08, 05:44 PM   #465
Fathertime36

Send a message via MSN to Fathertime36

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee63 View Post
If you will notice the author basically states this is pretty much the exact same engine used in the original, hence he suggest using many of the same mods/setting to tweak it, wtf then you need a 280 (as some people have irroneously suggested is a bare minimum requirement) to run this title when the orgin did no require the same....granted it does have a few enhancements but for crying out loud the engine is so dated it is still based around single core threads (FACT!!!!!!!!!!)

WTF did this game ever make it gold is beyond me (I love the ideals and uniqueness of it's core), the first game had a crap load of aaa bugs, granted thankfully a good modding community picked up the loose end and help bring it up to acceptable terms, but how the F__CK can they(DEVS) sit there and twiddle their thumbs and let the same crap happen all over again, Crysis's perfromance sucked because it was poorly optimised, not because current hardware was lacking, this game's performance suck due to both lack of proper optimisation and lack of a proper Q/A department for what ever reason they have turned out yet another golden goose on the surface and just underneath the surface (anywhere from 10minutes -a couple of hours)the bugs stop it dead in it's track.

Bleeh thank god Fallout 3 is out.
Primary: I7 920 DO step @4 GHZ *ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 * 3x2gb GSkill DDR3 1600 * ATI 5870HD * Enermax Infinity 720w PSU * WD caviar Black 2TB * Coolermaster 840 case * SAMSUNG TOC T260HD * Win7 64bit/Linux Dual Boot* Eheim 1250 pump/ MC-TDX cpu block/ DD-5870 block/ Feser Monsta TFC XChanger 360 radiator/ Feser Triebwerk TK-121 x3
2nd:E8400 @3.7ghz/ 4GB(2/2gb)PC2-6400 DDR2 800) Crucial Ballistixs / GA-P35-DS3P/ Creative X-Fi Music Extreme/ Seasonic M12 SS-600HM/ WD5000AAKS/ ASUS CB-5216A/ ASUS DVD-E818AT/ Visiontek 4870 512mb w/thermaltake V2(40idle/70load)/ Win XP/ ViewSonic VG2230wm
OLD: AMD Opteron165/ MSI 7100 Platinum NEO NF4/sli / 1GB Geil Ultra Platinum pc4000 ddr500/ Creative X-Fi/ Enermax 465/ 75Gb WD Raptor/ WD4000AAKS/ 8800GT/ ViewSonic VX924
Fathertime36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-08, 06:56 PM   #466
Jonelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeReWoLf View Post
Yeah, i have the same problem. You're not running any mods are you?
Maybe is this - is a bug of the 1.503 /1.001 version

See the log file , in STALKER STALKER-STCS . This is the fix http://www.sendspace.com/file/x8zavc

Quote:
Expression : m_available_count
Function : CID_Generator<unsigned>::tfGetID
File : e:\priquel\sources\engine\xrgame\id_generator.h
Line : 92
Description : Not enough IDs

My game is patched and I have the translation. I have no clue what could be causing this that I could fix because it seems the engine just ran out of ids.
---END QUOTATION---

That's a known bug caused by the never ending spawning of massive amounts of ammo in the crates around every base and camp.all that ammo eats up all the object ID's if left unchecked

this fix forcefully removes the excess surplus of ammo and only leaves a set minium amount left in them every time you save thus freeing up ID's needed.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/x8zavc

add the gamedata folder to your main CS install and if you have not already done so set the fsgametx up to use the gamedata. every time you save from then on in will free up the ammo caches and prevent the game from running out of ID's

I forget right now who the author of the fix is.Found it on a Russian forum.
This bug and another are fixed for the 1.503 russian version in this patch

Quote:
Описание: Если игра вылетает из-за ошибки в скриптах, то скачайте комплект исправленных скриптов и разархивируйте в папку с игрой.
Доп. информация:
В состав входят: (по именам файлов в директории /Scripts)
sim_squad_scripted.script
_g.script
utils.script
bind_stalker.script
se_monster.script
se_stalker.script
sim_combat.script
sim_squad_generic.script

Или-по ошибкам и ссылкам на сообщения о них:
script_engine или utils.script
_g.script
bind_stalker.script ([error]Description: Not enough IDs)
sim_squad_scripted.script ([error]Description: Not enough IDs)
sim_squad_generic.script или sim_combat.script

http://letitbit.net/download/dc37d57...t-FiX.rar.html

http://depositfiles.com/files/8035992 Stalker_CS_Big_Script_FiX.rar
Old 09-17-08, 08:25 PM   #467
Lfctony

Hey Jonelo, thanks for the help. Here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/14618929...games.rar.html
Target is the red circle...

Tony.

Boycott Starforce...

Old 09-17-08, 09:07 PM   #468
Jonelo

If you are trying to take the farm in the south, maybe the red circle indicates that you have to speak to the guide. When Clear Sky dominates the swamp, you have to speak to the guide for travel to Cordon. You can also go back to the camp and then come back and go where the guide in the farm. The guide is all time in the well at the farm in the south.