Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-16-08, 09:40 AM   #85
Redshirt #24

Default Re: World of Warcraft – Wrath of the Lich King

...yeah, I'll ask: FOTM?

(Oh. Duh. Flavor of the Month.)
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Apple 30" Cinema Display
CM HAF X

Ever notice how the more people talk about something, the more you tend to hate it?
Redshirt #24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 05:15 PM   #86
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
I also have a feral druid, which has been considered OP since about 2.0. In my defense, I was feral with him since the MC days.
While not considered OP anymore, I do love feral spec. Right now I am working on getting my full s4 set for feral. Should be some nice gear to level to 80 with.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 05:49 PM   #87
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
just got a beta key email today and immediaty sold it for 100 bucks

lol

Wrath of the Lich King™ Beta Test
You have been selected to participate in the beta test of World of Warcraft®: Wrath of the Lich King™. Welcome!

In the beta test you’ll get an opportunity to test the first zones of the new Northrend continent, and the new levels above 70. We look forward to your feedback on the overall experience, including quests, monsters, zones, aesthetics, and more. We would also appreciate reports on any bugs you may encounter. These can be logged using the /bug command explained below.

easiest money i ever made
I remember when vanilla WOW was in beta, and I got a phase 3 key(final phase) I sold it on Ebay in 5 minutes for $150, and that phase of beta only lasted 2 WEEKS. After that 2 weeks was up I played public beta or stress test, I cant remember but it was shortly after selling the key.

No expansion will ever bring the fun back into what was original WOW, some of the best times I've ever had gaming was being an idiot on Vent in Goldshire.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 05:54 PM   #88
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
The closest I was to FOTM was when 2.0 launched and the Warrior Mace Stun was proccing around 30% of them time with no DR.

I also have a feral druid, which has been considered OP since about 2.0. In my defense, I was feral with him since the MC days.
Mace stun is going bye, bye.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 07:30 PM   #89
Rakeesh

Thank god too. That is like one of the most annoying things I have to deal with as resto. Damn rogues and warriors and their damn mace stun procs. Warstomp > cyclone > starfire ftw though

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 09-16-08, 07:52 PM   #90
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
Mace stun is going bye, bye.
I'm going prot anyways.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-08, 02:44 PM   #91
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

played around on the beta a bit... I miss my onebag addons and server stability too much to really do to much on it.

Starfall is freakin schweet though.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-08, 04:52 PM   #92
Rakeesh

I just realized they did a huge nerf to the 51 point feral talent in the latest beta build. Shapeshifting of any kind will now break it, and it now only works against fear. Priest psychic scream and warlock death coil do not count as fear, rather they count as horror, so it doesn't work against those.

It's basically a heavily watered down version of the hunters 41 point talent with a shorter duration and a longer cooldown. When you consider we already have another talent to reduce the duration of fear effects, and it is extremely easy to force a druid to have to waste it with something as simple as curse of tongues or frostbolt, nevermind all of the other cc's in the game...it is now easily the most useless 51 point talent in the game

Oh and did I mention that you can't use the improved tiger's fury during berserk either? Once your energy is spent under berserk...its just spent and there aint **** you can do.

Lawl.

Old 09-17-08, 05:15 PM   #93
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post
Thank god too. That is like one of the most annoying things I have to deal with as resto. Damn rogues and warriors and their damn mace stun procs. Warstomp > cyclone > starfire ftw though
Yeah cuz you can't run away when stunned.

I'm glad it is going away also. It just needn't have been put in the game.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-08, 05:46 PM   #94
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
Yeah cuz you can't run away when stunned.

I'm glad it is going away also. It just needn't have been put in the game.
Well as a druid I am still like the purple dragon. You can't catch the druid, its impossible.

And lolringaroundthepillarhump

Old 09-17-08, 06:03 PM   #95
|MaguS|

So who's server can I move my character to? I need someone to baby me...
Old 09-17-08, 06:22 PM   #96
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post
I just realized they did a huge nerf to the 51 point feral talent in the latest beta build. Shapeshifting of any kind will now break it, and it now only works against fear. Priest psychic scream and warlock death coil do not count as fear, rather they count as horror, so it doesn't work against those.

It's basically a heavily watered down version of the hunters 41 point talent with a shorter duration and a longer cooldown. When you consider we already have another talent to reduce the duration of fear effects, and it is extremely easy to force a druid to have to waste it with something as simple as curse of tongues or frostbolt, nevermind all of the other cc's in the game...it is now easily the most useless 51 point talent in the game

Oh and did I mention that you can't use the improved tiger's fury during berserk either? Once your energy is spent under berserk...its just spent and there aint **** you can do.

Lawl.
who knows with this one, the nerfbat might undo some of what it did. I hear what your saying about the nerf though, it went from something to be excited to play my feral again to a ... well you already know that answer. They are not done yet so we will see.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote