Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-16-08, 09:19 PM   #1801
sillyeagle
sillyego

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA06 View Post
Writing what Silly?
Well I do a lot of meditation and self inquiry stuff, exploring the ole' inner world, so my writings are on consciousness, awareness, identity, etc. Since I'm writing about inner experience its the sort of thing where once I start seeing something I want to write on, I have to act immediatly or I'll lose the insight or vision, and then once I get going it just kind of flows through so I gotta keep going. My insight keeps growing as I practice awareness, so maybe one day I'll be able to do some books, but for now I just post stuff on forums in the form of short messages and poetry.

Nice Snowdonia shots by the way. Very cool area!
EVGA Intel X58
Old 09-17-08, 02:40 AM   #1802
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Interesting stuff - I have a friend into the very same thing, except his expression is in the form of songwriting. Some of the conversations we have leave me totally lost, as he spouts a kind of, stream of consciousness...I try my best to keep up, but he is often in a completely different head-space to me, and I end up floundering.

Glad you like the shots the way the low sun lights the peaks is very convincing.
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-08, 07:02 AM   #1803
Lith1um

Actualy, I haven't run a race yet. I could drop right into running ovals, but I'm hooked on the solstice and the skippy. The solstice was spanking me so bad that I decided I'd spend a month practicing before entering a race. I want to be competitive out of the box.

The solstice just makes you learn or punishes you for not learning. The skippy is just so much fun to drive that it's almost alive. Both cars are extremely rewarding when you get it right.
Lith1um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-08, 07:09 PM   #1804
Lith1um

Look at this tasty bit of hardware that's perfect for FSX.

http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.h...=SimHQSwitchAd
Lith1um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-08, 04:09 PM   #1805
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey guys

Well thanks to a break in the weather these past 2 days i managed to grab a few cloud photos this afternoon and had a bit of fun dropping them in PS setting up there alphas and getting them into FSX,so if i have some good weather (almost unheard of here in the UK)This will mark the start of the cloud package im going to be including in my Free FSX ENV package...pretty alpha stuff atm lots more testing and prodding to do but its a start.....btw there is NO FEX in these pictures that inc water/sky/clouds i rebuilt the skys in Photoshop based on marks days end colourings(i hope you dont mind )

Going for a softer wispy/fluffy look to start with and i'll work on some sharper stuff once i get acess to some better camera equipment

Warning 1920x1200 thumb links!

Laters
steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-08, 09:14 PM   #1806
sillyeagle
sillyego

Nice work Gizmo. Keep at it, maybe you will be the next Tim Fuchs. He started with a freeware package right?
EVGA Intel X58
Old 09-19-08, 09:20 PM   #1807
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA06 View Post
Interesting stuff - I have a friend into the very same thing, except his expression is in the form of songwriting. Some of the conversations we have leave me totally lost, as he spouts a kind of, stream of consciousness...I try my best to keep up, but he is often in a completely different head-space to me, and I end up floundering.
Good to hear it's not totally foreign to you. The fact you can recognize "stream of consciousness" makes you a rarity around these parts. Luckily I've got a friend where we can spout that stuff back and forth, and it always makes for an interesting night as you never know what will come up. lol

In other news I saw SEX for FSX was released today. lol Sound Environment X.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 09-19-08, 09:59 PM   #1808
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
Good to hear it's not totally foreign to you. The fact you can recognize "stream of consciousness" makes you a rarity around these parts. Luckily I've got a friend where we can spout that stuff back and forth, and it always makes for an interesting night as you never know what will come up. lol

In other news I saw SEX for FSX was released today. lol Sound Environment X.

Old 09-20-08, 12:03 AM   #1809
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post

Yep, good stuff. lol

http://simulshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=434
EVGA Intel X58
Old 09-20-08, 04:43 PM   #1810
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

SEX! - well it had to happen sooner or later I guess.

Steve, those are some fine looking clouds, really impressive - I would love to have a go at doing some myself...I have loads of cloud pics, but I don't know how to do it. If you have time, any chance of a quick 'how to' please?

I been doing loads of sky textures {sunrise, noon and sunset so far} in PS, which are very easy, and am really pleased with some of the results. I'm getting far better colours I seem to get with FEX, and without the colour shift which occurs if you not careful, your most welcome to try them if you like...and of course I don't mind you nicking my FEX theme colours

You realise this could be the start of 'Cloud WarsIII'? - oh god, no more pleeeease .

Keep up the good work all...
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-08, 11:02 PM   #1811
Llamalama

Hi guys. I'm thinking about upgrading my GPU to either the 4870 1Gb or GTX 260. As FS is my primary game which of these 2 would be more efficient. I have to use at least 4xAA & 16XAF at 1920X1200. I find that my 8800 is not performing as well as it should at that res. SillyEagle I see you OC your card. How is it with FS. What percentage have you set your GPU fan to and is the temp within acceptable limits. I have the EVGA precision tool installed but haven't tried it yet. Thanks.
Old 09-21-08, 02:26 PM   #1812
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamalama View Post
SillyEagle I see you OC your card. How is it with FS. What percentage have you set your GPU fan to and is the temp within acceptable limits. I have the EVGA precision tool installed but haven't tried it yet. Thanks.
I have not taken a good look at the new GPU hardware out there so cant comment there, but as far as my system goes I use 8xS supersampling (1x2 SS w/ 4x multisampling) at 1600x1200 and there is no GPU bottleneck. I don't even OC my card simply because there is no need. I do for Crysis or Clear Sky, but seems fine at default clocks for FSX. When I'm running it OCed I'll see it hit 83, which is rather high I suppose, but considering I run it stock 95% of the time I don't think it means much.
EVGA Intel X58