Ram: G.Skill Kit Extreme2 2 x 2 Go PC6400 PK
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 512 Mo
Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2 sound card
Monitor: Iiyama ProLite B2403WS -B1
NiukNiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-08, 04:15 PM   #112
JasonPC

Default Re: Crysis Warhead Official Thread

I really don't get it when people say Crysis looked better before it came out. Have you seen some of the 2006 E3 gameplay videos (meaning not trailers but people actually playing the game)? Way lower resolution textures, less advanced shaders, and not as much detail in the distance (not sure if it was LOD or level design). I'll have to dig up some pictures to prove my point when I get a chance. The only one that looked "better" was that one jungle fight video, which people have recreated in the sandbox editor. It was mainly just a matter of making the jungle extremely dense and adjusting the time of day. But I would think fighting in such a dense jungle would eventually get annoying. Another factor I think is just how long it took Crysis to be released. It really blew everything away when it was first announced but other games started to catch up a bit in visuals. I think the same will be said about Alan Wake if/when it gets released.
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-08, 05:17 PM   #113
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

The game was a nice distraction for a short time, I'm still primarily working on finishing off Sith Master in TFU though.

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-08, 06:07 PM   #114
Burnt_Ram

anyone know of a command to disable the intro movies, Intel, Nvidia etc?
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-08, 06:43 PM   #115
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Played through the first level. First I gotta say this.... ALL..Every single game company that makes a PC game seem to epic fail on in game cinemas for NOT PRELOADING GRAPHICS!! It was bad in crysis and worse in warhead, cut scenes are a stuttering slide show not because of lack of video card horsepower, but because theres so much new data that needs to be loaded in that the game dosnt do until it needed it!

Anyways.. it does seem to be more of the same..which isnt bad. You can open up fire more without things like gun boats seeing and shooting you from a mile out (yay!). Although I did notice NPCs were seeing me through some big rocks and such, they tried to shoot at me through the rock but atleast the bullets were smart enough.

Graphicly it was also more of the same, I stuck with the same settings in crysis, 1280x720 and maxed quality all across the board and frame rates remained smooth. I noticed the game seems to have a stronger HDR effect, or maybe just stronger light as deep forest areas caused the openings in the forest to bloom a bright white alot. Also theres a new haze like effect that is applied to distant landscape. I noticed it gets applied to trees on high rock scapes and stuff, but not along your path as to obscure whats important in the distance. Definitely an effect that is more for cinematography and not realism. Didn't really start on the 2nd level but you are introduced to rain then and it looks good, although one cant help notice the sky is "barely cloudy" (There is a volumetric cloud formed in the horizon, but now where near you) with lightning flashing all around....and the sun was shining.

Bugs, nothing to game breaking, but id have to say more then I saw in the original crysis. Starting up in 1024x the first time had my arrow offset visualy from where it actually was. Windowing crysis and then changing resolutions fixed it. I am hoping the cloudless rainstorm is a bug. Lastly there seems to be a large tree model thats used repeatedly that is covered with white sparklies, like it has a bad shader on it.
Old 09-22-08, 07:31 PM   #116
trivium nate

omg i have to run this game at like minium...WTf unless i turn the resolution down i need a new Gpu!
42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-08, 07:48 PM   #117
methimpikehoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram View Post
anyone know of a command to disable the intro movies, Intel, Nvidia etc?
Just go delete the files mang.
Old 09-22-08, 09:00 PM   #118
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

I called my local Best Buy and I grabbed the last copy. It's installed along with Crysis Wars but Heroes is on
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-08, 09:17 PM   #119
methimpikehoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtomat74 View Post
If I recall, "deleting" those files from Crysis made patching difficult if not impossible. It is always better to just "rename" them to avoid having to reinstall the whole game should the problem arise. I learned that the hard way many moons ago with other games as well.
True
Old 09-22-08, 09:34 PM   #120
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtomat74 View Post
If I recall, "deleting" those files from Crysis made patching difficult if not impossible. It is always better to just "rename" them to avoid having to reinstall the whole game should the problem arise. I learned that the hard way many moons ago with other games as well.
don't delete them then, just rename them. when patch comes out, rename them back