Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-19-08, 03:29 PM   #13
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Default Re: Official Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrasalmus View Post
destruction, badlands, trial and error we are looking for a few good killers!
hey did your guild transfer to Mordheim when they cloned the full servers yesterday? I have a 14 shaman in need of a guild and I need some questing buddies.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-08, 05:11 PM   #14
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Honestly from the beta the game seemed very fun...I'd like to give it a try but I don't want to play two MMORPGs at once, and I'm very much enjoying WoW at the moment.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-08, 09:42 PM   #15
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Ok, so against my better judgement I bought this game. Orginally I was going to pass on another mmo but tbh I've learned just to play causualy. Anyways, I just didn't think from all the footage the game looked all that great and thought I was going to pass on this and wait for it to AOC on us(which i still say it will). So I load it in, update it(no start icons btw), start playing in noob land and well, it just sucked.

Saying that though, thats what I thought about wow after playing EQ2 first(bought them nearly the same time at release). But after shelving wow for a month or so I tried it agian and it grew on me. Then after maybe 6 months of playing both I never played eq2 again(although now i think eq2 is a better game, if not the best mmo)

I dunno, so far the lack of character creation/features and graphics alone are so shallow it just takes away from the game right from the beginning. Upon entering the newbie zone everyone looks identical, no aa or af(or i cant find it), bleh. Turd so far for me.
Old 09-20-08, 10:53 AM   #16
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Forced aa and af, looks yummy now. Also started in a different zone and the zealot zone is actual cool looking. The dark elf zone was just plain and ugly.
Old 09-20-08, 12:44 PM   #17
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

yea elf land looks just bad. I really like the greenskin area, but I've spent the most time there so I haven't really gotten to experience much of chaos/empire pairings yet. I went back to Inevitable City last night for the first time since beta, and that place still amazes me, its just massive. I'm really excited for the huge fights we are gonna have in a few weeks when the masses hit t4 zones.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-08, 10:01 AM   #18
Xav
Professional NV Lurker

Yep, love the greenskin areas. Love the human areas too. I've never liked playing elves or the aesthetics that go along with them so those areas are always least appealing to me.

As for gameplay....

The gobbos just ooze personality and that CE face Mythic made for them just rocks! Having so much fun with my Squig Herder (hurting DPS issues and all) and I like that so many people quit the SH class by mid teens because it doesn't have an "I win" button. Just have to learn to be patient and pick your fights. I've been able to kill Bright Wizards and Swordmasters 2-3 levels higher than me out in the open areas 1v1.

Sooo many other classes I want to put time into and I can't stop playing this one.

It's nice to have another MMO that I can just tell I will be playing for quite some time. Considering the wifey loves it as well helps it's prospects for getting my $$ every month.

System II: C2D E8400 || Gigabyte GA-EP35 || 2GB Gskill DDR2 1066 || XFX GTX 260 Black Edition || Audigy 2 || Corsair TX650 || Klipsch PM 2.1 || Gateway 2185W LCD

Consoles: 360/PS3
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-08, 12:48 PM   #19
CaptnStubing

So I've been playing a Dark Elf sorcerer and it's pretty fun. It is far more fun than I had in the beta. I'm thinking I spent so much time leveling toons up to 10 that I was just bored stuck in the noob zones. I'm not sure how long I will play this game but I'm having fun right now.

BTW Bright Wizards are way over powered.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-08, 06:15 PM   #20
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
So I've been playing a Dark Elf sorcerer and it's pretty fun. It is far more fun than I had in the beta. I'm thinking I spent so much time leveling toons up to 10 that I was just bored stuck in the noob zones. I'm not sure how long I will play this game but I'm having fun right now.

BTW Bright Wizards are way over powered.
Im playing a sorceress and shes 16 now and they just keep getting better I have found that because of the HUGE range they have with thier spells (100ft for one of them) you can stand well back in battle and fire away.
Im in Chpt 8 now, Ellyrion and I have to say its so much nicer than the blighted isle and shadowlands, its bright and feels abit like "the sound of music running through the feilds" scene Although, Im having trouble finding a warcamp there.

Yes...bright wizards are OP....but it makes up for how hideous they look.
Personally...I really hate the white lions.
Actually, im not impressed with any of the order classes...buty the witch hunters!!! LOL they look like indianan jones!!!

Anyway...glad your having fun now

Old 09-23-08, 08:04 PM   #21
gravioli

Does SLI not work in WAR? I've read that it doesn't, but not from a developer. Base on my experience it does not seem to be working correctly if at all.
Old 09-24-08, 10:14 AM   #22
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish View Post
Im playing a sorceress and shes 16 now and they just keep getting better I have found that because of the HUGE range they have with thier spells (100ft for one of them) you can stand well back in battle and fire away.
Im in Chpt 8 now, Ellyrion and I have to say its so much nicer than the blighted isle and shadowlands, its bright and feels abit like "the sound of music running through the feilds" scene Although, Im having trouble finding a warcamp there.

Yes...bright wizards are OP....but it makes up for how hideous they look.
Personally...I really hate the white lions.
Actually, im not impressed with any of the order classes...buty the witch hunters!!! LOL they look like indianan jones!!!

Anyway...glad your having fun now
The sourceress is basically a mage from WoW. Once I got rooting it was all over for the melee classes. I can take bright wizards down now. The worst are the dwarf priests. It takes 5 people to kill them. I've learned to not follow the group that is trying kill him. I let the dwarf run around trying to heal him self to stay alive while jumping like a tard. Mean while I kill all the people he was supposed to be healing. Dumb priest. LOL

I went to Inevitable City last night. I don't like it there at all. Meh, what ya gonna do. There is plenty of other places to be at.

I do think the problem with the beta was doing the same noob zones over made me bored.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-08, 10:23 AM   #23
Ghosthunter

i am going to give it a month or two before picking it up

kind of sick of picking up mmorpg when they first come out to have devs screw the games up and the community just ends up leaving
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-08, 10:53 AM   #24
jolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
The sourceress is basically a mage from WoW. Once I got rooting it was all over for the melee classes.
Im trying to build up a tactic against brightwizards and their rooting thing.
Basicly I charge them with my marauder, and they inevitably root me and move away, to buy some time there I usually apply a dot and a ability so they damage themselves when using magic for a few seconds.
If I get my first morale ability ready I can dodge all damage for a few secs, then its just to hit "charge" and run up to them and snare again, and start the DPS for real.
Been working sofar, dont have a root myself at lvl16.

Rooted when you´re alone is pretty frustrating, but often there are more players with you that can take their attention away, or burn them down as they´re nuking me.