Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-12-08, 07:44 PM   #13
saguy

Default Re: I am looking for a MMORPG - How is EQ2 these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorion View Post
I just came back to EQ2 today. I'm hoping to be able to get back into it. I've been out for a couple of years so it'll be interesting to see the changes.

Looking forward to seeing Neriak for the first time. I have seen that city since my first toon on EQ. I can't wait.
How is the population ... enough people to play with? Are you going to roll a new toon.
saguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-08, 11:19 PM   #14
Sgt_Pitt

EQ2 is still the king of MMO's anyone who says otherwise needs a punch in the head.

I've played them all, and EQ2 comes out on top everytime.

Theres no other word besides "Magic"
Old 09-14-08, 10:36 AM   #15
Gorion
Papahs Pleez

Quote:
Originally Posted by saguy View Post
How is the population ... enough people to play with? Are you going to roll a new toon.
I rolled new toons.

So far I am having a good time with it. The graphics are nice there are tons of quests and the first 10 levels breeze by.

Neriak is definately my favorite starting city. I didn't like Kelethin in EQ and not too crazy about it now. It looks really cool and I may go back to it, but for now I'm running around Neriak. The big draw for Kelethin for me is I would like to see crushbone and Unrest in EQ2.

I'm a little nostalgic.

I've noticed more people on the standard servers than on the PVP servers. But I've run into newbies everywhere. Can't comment on the higher level numbers yet.

So far so good.
Old 09-14-08, 12:05 PM   #16
CybrSage

Out of all the WAR races, I actually enjoy Greenskins the best, which surprised me.

The players in the Greenskins seem to work together naturally. The parties with them have been the best so far.

I tried out Vanguard again...it cost $20 for the game, so I thought Why Not?

Bored me after 2 months. Glitchy graphics too, I would crash anytime I was in a valley surrounded by tall mountains. Pathetic.
Old 09-24-08, 01:04 AM   #17
Gorion
Papahs Pleez

So saguy did you go back to EQ2?
Old 09-24-08, 01:24 PM   #18
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Pitt View Post
EQ2 is still the king of MMO's anyone who says otherwise needs a punch in the head.
Gosh what have I been doing all these years..me and so many millions playing crappy wow when we could be playing eq2!

To give you an idea of how much fail eq2 is, it came out before WoW, which means it got subjected to the herd of eq maniacs scrambling to find a new and better mmorpg, and still lost out to WoW on its release.

Saguy, tried guild wars yet? It appears they've got all 3 games plus the expansion in one package now.
Old 09-24-08, 02:37 PM   #19
Gorion
Papahs Pleez

So because more people went to WoW that makes it better? Or does it just make it easier? I have a much better time playing EQ2 than WoW.
Old 09-24-08, 07:12 PM   #20
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

gorion, obviously more people are having a much better time in WoW. So yes..that does make it better.. maybe it is easier.. but said people are still playing progressive content in it so it can't be all to easy. I'm not going to tell you how you should feel about eq2.. I'm just saying blanket statements without clearly backing them up with any type of facts... ney.

Old 09-24-08, 08:36 PM   #21
Gorion
Papahs Pleez

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
gorion, obviously more people are having a much better time in WoW. So yes..that does make it better.. maybe it is easier.. but said people are still playing progressive content in it so it can't be all to easy. I'm not going to tell you how you should feel about eq2.. I'm just saying blanket statements without clearly backing them up with any type of facts... ney.
For this to be true you would have to have some kind of numbers that show people tried EQ2 and WoW and chose WoW because they were having more fun.

Just because there are more people on WoW doesn't make it better just more popular. There are probably more people playing Sims 2, does that make it a better game? Hardly.

There could be plenty of people who play WoW because that is what their friends play. Or because it has a larger subsciber base so people make the same incorrect assumption you just made.

Graphically it is inferior. From my perspective it got boring quickly. I understand my opinion means jack but I was looking forward to WoW and was disappointed. I've tried going back an dcouldn't get into it.

EQ2 had a lot of issues when it came out and I didn't stick with it for long either. But there have been a truckload of changes and since I have been back I have found it to be a much more fun game. I also have much better hardware than I did when it first came out so graphically it looks a lot better to me now as well.
Old 09-24-08, 08:48 PM   #22
BronzeGod
Kanye West is emo

People only play WoW because it doesn't require much to play it. It has to be the most boring game i have EVER played. Guild Wars has more excitement than WoW.

As for EQ2 vs. WoW. EQ2 > WoW in fun, gameplay, content, storyline, graphics and sound.
Old 09-24-08, 10:15 PM   #23
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

If wow didnt require so much to play, it wouldnt be so damn hard to recruit for T6 content when people in your guild get burned out and stop playing.

Anyone who says WoW is 'ezmode' hasnt set foot in bt.
Old 09-24-08, 10:26 PM   #24
BronzeGod
Kanye West is emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
If wow didnt require so much to play, it wouldnt be so damn hard to recruit for T6 content when people in your guild get burned out and stop playing.

Anyone who says WoW is 'ezmode' hasnt set foot in bt.
I'm talking about system requirements. It's more popular because people can actually run it on lower spec machines