Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-27-08, 10:42 AM   #1837
sillyeagle
sillyego

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuBee View Post
Funny colours SJA06 Can't you do something about it? I'm used to more beautyfull screens from you.
Only been back for a day and already causing trouble?
EVGA Intel X58
Old 09-27-08, 12:01 PM   #1838
timest

Silly... You're solar!

Actually in those latest shots from Mark (I believe), I like the colors. I think it would have been portrayed better with less visibility.

Steve: Obviously I can't say much about our process or what we have in the works... sometimes I wish I could be more open, but you know how that goes when too much information is divulged.

Anyways, we have some great stuff happening, plus other fun stuff in the pipeline, it's only gonna get better

Cheers everyone, and have a great weekend!
Tim
timest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-08, 01:12 PM   #1839
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Originally Posted by timest View Post
Silly... You're solar!

Actually in those latest shots from Mark (I believe), I like the colors. I think it would have been portrayed better with less visibility.
Yeah, here Solar is Silly - even if he is quite serious

Well, at least someone likes the colours - less visability though-ok...everyones a bloody critic

Note to self 'must try harder'

Mark
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-08, 01:13 PM   #1840
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by timest View Post
Silly... You're solar!

Steve: Obviously I can't say much about our process or what we have in the works... sometimes I wish I could be more open, but you know how that goes when too much information is divulged.

Cheers everyone, and have a great weekend!
Tim
Many thanks for your reply Tim

I quite understand why you would'nt want to talk about what your upto behind the scene's so to say,im totally cool with that i'll just have to wait till your done till i can check it out piece by piece

Cheers
Steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-08, 05:02 PM   #1841
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey guys

Welcome back NuBee hows the hip now are you back up on it and out and about yet?

@ Mark hey man i like that blue are you gonna be uploading that one aswell? btw i tried to dl your other set but just get an invalid file error from MF

My first set of cumulus is nearly ready to go...just gotta tear myself away from the witcher to clean up a few noisy edges,i'll throw it tommorrow so up if anyone wants to try it out feel free

Heres a few shots (reduced from 1920x1080 + sharpen 10% to clean up the blur from down sampling)

Laters
steve
Old 09-28-08, 01:28 AM   #1842
NuBee
NuBee

Good morning at all! (8a.m. In Berlin, Germany, Europe, Earth,...)
@SJA06I'm really sorry SJA06;I didn't mean to hurt you, that's why I also said "I'm used to more beautyfull screens from you." The screens are great, the blue colour was...hey, when all the people had the same view, this world would be extremely boring. Sorry again! That's why you haven't seen screens from me lately, they're not even close to yours

@omzigThanx, I'm something like OK, stiil a lot of pains but it doesn't stop me from torturing my mountain bike, AGAIN.
Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-08, 04:06 AM   #1843
timest

Sorry Mark, didn't mean to be a critic. I know, art is in the eye of the beholder

Steve it's all good man and that is your first set? Nice man.

Oh, also, did you guys know we're holding a contest at our forum? Free REX package to the winner Come on guys, you're art gurus, you should give it a shot

I put up something here for you to look at.. make sure you click on the 1900 resolution.. these are pretty cool at that res. http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/downloads.html

Anyways, cya guys around.
Cheers.
Old 09-28-08, 07:56 AM   #1844
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey guys

@NuBee glad to hear your on the mend & welcome back

Thanks for the kind words Tim & thanks for the wallpapers seems Arizona's climate give you acess to some very defined cloud edges which i must say look fantastic

i just wish Aces had gotten ther heads out and given us cloud shadows instead of ****pit shadows your clouds are just screaming for some complimenting ground shadows to complete the immersion....

& Yes thats my first set of clouds im quite happy with them sofar & im thinking of work up a full freeware ENV package much like you did under FS9,its gonna be a few months in the making & im sure my cloud & edge quality will improve once i have access to some better equipment & better weather UK aut/winter is pretty much all overcast!

This first set is pretty much a gap bridge'er for my own use untill REX hits,i do own FEX but since i reinstall vista & FSX last week i cant be bothered to reinstall or use it + i freaking hate that flight1 wrapper crap total PITA

So for those without FEX and or ppl who are just waitting for REX here a SHD! replacement set of cumulus to try out in the mean time

RS Download readme gives the low down and backup install instructions

Linky preview thumbs to 1920x1200 Pic's

Enjoy
Steve

Old 09-28-08, 02:50 PM   #1845
timest

Hey again

Thanks slaWter

Steve: no probs. I agree with the cloud shadows I wish. It would add SO MUCH to the realism factor. Good luck with your package man, I'm sure it's gonna be pretty slick

Our material was shot all over the world in different seasons, climate, weather conditions etc. Our photographer's work is out of this world, and it's been fun working with it! Also, remember a vast majority of the material in REX is not digital, it's film photography shot on transparency film, and laser scanned in extremely hi-resolution. Some of the material is archived at 13,000x13,000 pixels and are upwards to 400MB ea. hehe. Needless to say, we'll be keeping them in the archive because you never know what the next incarnation of simulator will bring

Also, your pics look nice! Ok, I'm off, cya's.
Tim
Old 09-28-08, 02:51 PM   #1846
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Nubee - it's ok, I was not offended at all, so you don't have to say sorry, my reply was in pure jest. You can't like everything, and it's a good thing to say when you don't..and that even applies to Tim

Criticism is a good thing, if it's well intentioned, and honest. I'm a painter, and though it nice to get people saying how lovely they are all the time, a little simulating discussion, and honest reaction only serves to improve the creative process, rather than pandering to the ego.

Tim Very nice wallpapers, I love how white your clouds look. I can never get them this pure looking with FEX, using the lightest settings, and even when using a very dark blue sky.

Steve I will try your clouds, as soon as I finished writhing this, they look superb well done!

I will also re-upload the sky, and add the blue one too.

All the best - Mark.

EDIT to add: These clouds are really very good Steve, and a much better alternative to the default set, for those still using them.

I'm impressed - keep this up and it'll be, look out! REX and FEX

Old 09-29-08, 02:22 PM   #1847
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey guys

@ Tim

Whoa thats some insane resolution! are you guys cloud computing to deal with that about of detail or did you higher Big Blue for a few months hehe

Cant wait to try out REX (i know it been said before but once more wont hurt) i think were about to see the bar not just raise but to whole standard of ENV addons reset to a new level i think other dev's will find not just very hard to match but almost impossible to beat!

@Mark

Hey man thanks for the kind words I can only say i hope my efforts will get better in the future,these were taken with a pretty low res digital cam (i think its only about 4mp)
so once i get my better cam back i'll see what i can do,

im in noway out to compete with REX but if i could give something back to the fsx community as freeware that surpasses the default clouds i'll be happy as i know not everyone can afford 3PA's

Had a few requests for some 2048 & 1024 versions so heres some fresh links

4096x4096

2048x2048

1024x1024

All the best

Cheers
Steve
Old 09-29-08, 05:33 PM   #1848
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Steve, with a better camera you will no doubt produce some very high quality work, the slight pixelation on the edges is the only thing holding these babies back.

Here's your clouds and my sky [with less visabillity - he wasn't wrong ], somewhere near Reno - looks pretty fine I think.

I will put some skies up tomorrow - too late now...Yawn.

All unedited.