Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-27-08, 06:53 PM   #1
XVampireX
Dark Penguin

Send a message via MSN to XVampireX Send a message via Skype™ to XVampireX
Default Performance is ok... but present bugs

Hi, I would like to just say that performance is really settled down for now... more or less, it still has room for improvement but here's the biggest problems that I see:

1. on different menus and when windows pop up, before it happens there's some distorted view and only then it refreshes it and you see the content.

2. Using compositing on, effects are now rather smooth and all, but it looks like different effects stutter once in a while for some reason, could it be what everyone was talking about powermizer being buggy?

I'm running kubuntu kde4 remix, 64bit edition. Geforce 8800 GTX.

Also if it happens again, here's another bug I don't know what's going on, but once I install the driver, everything goes fine and I can get on the desktop, but when I restart my PC and run ubuntu again it never goes on X and also seems like I can't switch to a different terminal (alt+ctrl+f1)

I don't know what's going on, if you could fix those problems we're almost set, then just figure out how to put all those options for performance by default... including the nvidia-settings pixmap placement stuff and glyphcache.
XVampireX is offline   Reply With Quote