Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-29-08, 07:52 PM   #1849
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Hey Mark

Now those look really nice with the reduced visabillity very dark and forboding like mother nature is about to let rip and is give you a last few mins to finish that flight and get inside with a nice hot coffee

Thanks for the feedback Im aware of the noise on some of the edges ive tryed filtering it out but the DX5TC is exacerbating it somewhat i dont think this with be a problem once i get some better source pic's & as i did really enjoy working on this set so im pretty sure i'll be making a few more even when im using REX

Cheers
Steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-08, 01:51 AM   #1850
timest

Nope, he wasn't wrong

Nice stuff guys!

Cheers.
timest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-08, 11:44 AM   #1851
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Here is one of my replacement sunset textures, this being a deep blue horizon, with purples and yellows around the sun. Please try it if you wish.

Usual precautions apply - back-up esp. if you not using FEX or similar, which will overwrite these next time a new theme is added.

http://rapidshare.com/files/14970542...ure_1.zip.html

Feedback appreciated.

SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-08, 01:37 PM   #1852
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey mark

Looks real nice i'll give it a try once rapidshare starts to behave & stops timing out 4 me....Infact i found a few RL cloud shots around the web that have this kind of tone i'll dig them out and post them for a compare

Been playing with the EC-135 Paint kit again...tut tut got around to finishing one i started a while ago which this time totally fictional but base on the The Australian Volunteer Coast Guard Association Colour scheme,i dont think they have any EC-135's but just imagine bill gates gave them a few

it not uploaded any where yet as id like to get a better reg for it,i guess i can just make up a few VH regs or maybe i'll post this over at Orbx and see if i can get some suggestions from the natives

Laters
Steve
Old 10-01-08, 12:36 PM   #1853
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Me Again

Had a few emails asking about why i pulled my DX10 water normal & what they looked like in action so here a short movie showing how a the newest (not released yet)tweaked up set looks

http://www.vimeo.com/1857523

Seems the vimeo conversion has reduce the quaility a little and made it a bit darker that the original upload was still it gives an idea of how i looks in action,i'll try and get a HD video record for the time i release this newer set

Laters
Steve
Old 10-01-08, 02:03 PM   #1854
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Looking good - I'm still using your first set with DX9, apart from the animation speed being a little fast, I love it.

Did you get that sky yet?
Old 10-01-08, 03:05 PM   #1855
sillyeagle
sillyego

Looks good Giz. Hey what were you looking for on the EC-135 repaint? I didn't catch what you mean by "req". lol
EVGA Intel X58
Old 10-01-08, 05:04 PM   #1856
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey guys

I just wanna say I do really value all your input & feedback on my repaints and little FSX mods so a BIG Thank you for all the comments you post & if something i do really sucks plz let me know and if you get sick of me dumping this stuff here just let me know about that too hehe

Hey silly what i meant by wanting a better Reg was a better Aircraft Registration
i decided to go for VH-VCG in the end

VH being the required prefix for Oz aircraft and VCG for Volunteer Coast Guard

Anyways she's done now i think so ive packaged and uploaded it to RS for now

http://rapidshare.com/files/150074040/EC-135_VH-VCG.zip

i'll get it upto Avsim this weekend(there file upload procedure is a pita)and maybe i'll join up over at www.aussiex.org as those guys seem to have some cool Oz based repaint things going on,btw this ones tagged with the tasmanian logo(red lion on white) but i'll see about getting around to making a few others with the various Volunteer Coast Guard stations area logo's/flags if anyone want to pimp this out at orbx before me feel free hehe you guys take somemuch better SS than i do any hows

@Mark I Grabbed the skys many thanks,im really liking the blue one for the more stormy overcast cloud types with a 10mile vis setting it very nice great work

As im in a EC-135 repaint mod atm (again) so i think i'll make this one my next repaint as i have'nt seen it done yet what you guys think would it be cool in FSX?

Also while im on a helo trip i can recommend Mike Krawczyk's Helicopter Trim Gauge on Avsim

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?...zip&CatID=root

saw this over at Simouthouse and if you have a joystick/throttle with trim pots this is a great tweak that can be added to any helo just make sure you RTFM

Thanks again guys

Laters
Steve

Old 10-03-08, 02:45 PM   #1857
sillyeagle
sillyego

Here's some AU Green textures.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 10-03-08, 07:49 PM   #1858
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

I grabbed it today too, but it looks like my download was corrupt, and it borked my FSX install - I tried to repair it, with no luck, so I have just finished reinstalling though I still have a lot to add back in.

Oh well, these things happen.

Nice shots Silly, really great compositions.

Another super paint Steve, I'll grab that when I have the EC back on my system.
Old 10-03-08, 09:26 PM   #1859
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey guys

Great detail there Silly Green's textures look real nice even more impressive is at they all seem to be the work of just one guy!

im sure i'll be getting that over the weekend i love Blue & gold are rarely fly elsewhere nows as most other addons look and perform crap when flown side by side with the orbx stuff!

Thinking about it i might just wait till monday morning now as marks isnt the first problem ive read about ppl having issues with corupted downloads and time outs,it seems that the strain has taken Orbx a bit by suprise also as theres a post over at there boards saying Green has sold more in its first few days that blue sold in its first month! seems that tas demo has really helped them out!

BTW Im gonna get my Oz repaints hosted at www.aussiex.org from now on as that seems the best place for them and the repainting guys over at there forum seem like a cool bunch,so no more having to put up with my WIP repaint screenies hehe

Bring on the Green screenies

Laters
steve
Old 10-03-08, 10:21 PM   #1860
sillyeagle
sillyego

I had to download AU Green about 5 times before I could get it extracted without an error, and then once I ran the installer I got another crc error during the install. Luckily I just had to extract one more time, but then I got it installed. I don't think it's an orbx issue though, as I suspect its due to downloading the file across 7 connections over my wireless network. I'll try to get some Green shot tonight.
EVGA Intel X58