Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-03-08, 09:31 AM   #49
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: Official Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning thread

So...what server/side are you guys playing on?
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-08, 09:47 AM   #50
|MaguS|

Tower of Doom on Destruction side, im only lvl 12 so you can catch up quickly with me.
Old 10-03-08, 09:50 AM   #51
Tr1cK
not coming back

Mine's in my sig.

Bechafen Open RVR server, Order Side. Open RVR is like WoW's PvP server type.

To touch on the faction imbalance, battlegrounds are not linked like WoW. They are based upon server. You will get much quicker ques popping for you if you roll on the under dog of the server, which is typically Order. My guild was originally on Destruction, but rerolled Order so that we can get more ques for the battlegrounds.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-08, 10:26 AM   #52
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
Mine's in my sig.

Bechafen Open RVR server, Order Side. Open RVR is like WoW's PvP server type.

To touch on the faction imbalance, battlegrounds are not linked like WoW. They are based upon server. You will get much quicker ques popping for you if you roll on the under dog of the server, which is typically Order. My guild was originally on Destruction, but rerolled Order so that we can get more ques for the battlegrounds.
You are an engie huh? I eat engies up and spit out their turret. Sorceress' are almost as powerful as bright wizards but we are just as squishy as them.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-08, 10:35 AM   #53
Tr1cK
not coming back

Engineer is a lot of fun, but we are really damn squishy. Supposedly, we get stronger as the levels go on. We get a ton of CC and knockbacks. They are probably the best all around support class that can fight in any area of the battle.

If Engineer wasn't so fun to play, I would probably go with an Ironbreaker. Then again, I'm not interested in mashing just a few buttons over and over and reluctantly waiting for someone to heal me. Engineer playstyle is more like that of WoW's Warlock, but with CC snares and knockbacks instead of Fear.

Ninja, what class did you enjoy the most in WoW? We could help you pick a class based upon that or whatever if you want to try something new. I think all of them are pretty balanced from the start though.
Old 10-03-08, 11:28 AM   #54
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Engineer is a lot of fun, but we are really damn squishy. Supposedly, we get stronger as the levels go on. We get a ton of CC and knockbacks. They are probably the best all around support class that can fight in any area of the battle.

If Engineer wasn't so fun to play, I would probably go with an Ironbreaker. Then again, I'm not interested in mashing just a few buttons over and over and reluctantly waiting for someone to heal me. Engineer playstyle is more like that of WoW's Warlock, but with CC snares and knockbacks instead of Fear.

Ninja, what class did you enjoy the most in WoW? We could help you pick a class based upon that or whatever if you want to try something new. I think all of them are pretty balanced from the start though.
Yeah, you are a defensive class so going against me out in the open really isn't fair.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-08, 11:32 AM   #55
Tr1cK
not coming back

All this talk of it makes me just want to play it more. I need to catch up some levels anyways as a lot of my guildies are out leveling me.

Damn. I need to be 'sick' the next few days. Here's to hoping for a cold!
Old 10-03-08, 12:09 PM   #56
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
My warrior specced protection was my favorite class by far. Naturally I am eying the Black Orc very closely. I love the aesthetics and tone of the Greenskins.

If any of my multiple rerolls taught me anything it's that I prefer melee classes, preferably defensive-oriented but strong enough to hold their own.

BTW probably picking this up after work today!
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-08, 12:12 PM   #57
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
My warrior specced protection was my favorite class by far. Naturally I am eying the Black Orc very closely. I love the aesthetics and tone of the Greenskins.

If any of my multiple rerolls taught me anything it's that I prefer melee classes, preferably defensive-oriented but strong enough to hold their own.

BTW probably picking this up after work today!
I'd look no further than the Black Orc if Destruction or Ironbreaker if Order then.

Have Fun!
Old 10-03-08, 12:24 PM   #58
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Game gets more fun as you get 10+ levels. Kinda really sucked up until then though IMO.

Level 15 Bright Wizzy here on Bechlafen(or whatever).

I kinda rushed this guy though just to see if it got better in higher levels. I'm still actually lost on all there is to do with the game and understanding it lol. I may start a ironbreaker and take my time with him. Kind of be nice to cycle through rested bonus also.

PVP(RVR) is a F'ing blast though!
Old 10-03-08, 12:27 PM   #59
Tr1cK
not coming back

Tyr, it sounds like you are on my server. What's your toon name and I'll give you a guild invite if you like.
Old 10-03-08, 12:56 PM   #60
|MaguS|

Both of you need to come over to Tower of DOOOOOOOM!