Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-23-08, 06:31 PM   #253
Tr1cK
not coming back

Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

WoW is trying to compete with WAR now.

3.0 will bring massive changes to each class along with a ton of rebalancing of all. Lich King will bring new forms of PvP. The game is going even more PvP centric and making all classes and builds viable. Hell, prot warriors will be doing tons of damage now while stunlocking too.

I won't be playing it because I'm into WAR now with some friends. I've played WoW since the week it launched and just haven't touched it much in the past year. WAR has been the most fun to me since the massive PvP spree we all went on just before TBC launched for WoW.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-08, 07:00 PM   #254
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Will they be contenders? yes..but I dont think wow is sweating in the least yet. And 3.0 has nothing to do with WAR.
Old 09-24-08, 06:52 AM   #255
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
Will they be contenders? yes..but I dont think wow is sweating in the least yet. And 3.0 has nothing to do with WAR.
You're crazy. The whole rebalancing of the classes in 3.0 is directly the result of WAR. WAR has this rock-paper-scissors balancing act they do with the classes. WoW is standardizing a ton of abilities and talents in the game to level the playing ground for PvP to be viable to everyone. It's also not a coincidence that they start adding in the whole siege PvP thing now too.

WoW isn't sweating it now, but WAR has the potential to pick up like WoW did over the next 4 years while WoW slowly dwindles. The only way for them to keep up is drastically changing or adding to the game, which they are doing with WOTLK.
Old 09-24-08, 08:24 AM   #256
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
I would say War had a better foundation with content then wow at release though. Wow was pretty low in content and a little buggy at release also. Hopefully Mystic builds off of it better the Bliz has. Not that Bliz had to though becasue it sucked everyone in anyways dispite not having a ton of added content(more so for pvp)
Oh that is completely true. War is much more interesting than WoW was at launch. Wow was just a very solid adventure game at launch but had no PVP except for pvp servers where you got ganked into moving to a PVE server.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-08, 11:00 AM   #257
Sgt_Pitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
Oh that is completely true. War is much more interesting than WoW was at launch. Wow was just a very solid adventure game at launch but had no PVP except for pvp servers where you got ganked into moving to a PVE server.
You change your mind more than well...i don't know what !! but you change your mind alot :P

1 min you love WoW and hate WAR, next its reversed.

Please dont ask the captain about any MMO.... ever !!

Oh I'm loving WAR btw, very polished on release and lots to do at the moment. i have a lvl 30 ironbreaker and love knocking people into lava in Tor Anroc.

Still playing EQ2 as well, and new expansion should be good, but WAR is definatley getting all the love atm.
Old 10-02-08, 11:03 AM   #258
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

I am very tempted to buy this game...enjoyed what I saw in the open beta and it sounds like there's more to come. Thing is I'm still playing and enjoying WoW (though less, in anticipation of the expansion). Can't really decide what I want to do. I would like a good solid PVP game.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-08, 11:13 AM   #259
Sgt_Pitt

Yeah I'd recommend WAR.

Was in a keep siege today as well with pickup bunch of defenders, it was very long though, and destruction ended up busting down the keep doors and got to the keep lord, i ended up logging off because my healer got bored healing :P

The performance was a bit dodgey with what seemed like hundreds of people running around though, but yeah was action packed.

Highlight of the battle was a few of us holding back about 60 of them at the top of the stairs in a choke point for at least 30 mins with knockbacks and collision detection.

Fun stuff
Old 10-02-08, 11:41 AM   #260
Tr1cK
not coming back

This is the best PvP experience I've ever had on a MMO.

Last night, we raided a keep. It was my first time. All of the keeps on our server are Destruction controlled as they badly outnumber Order. It is MUCH worse than the WoW Alliance to Horde ratio and totally opposite. Anyways, it was a blast. We had a warband go in and just tear the place down. Within 10 minutes, Destruction was beating on the door, literally, with a siege weapon.

There's no way I could ever go back to WoW as long as they don't have this.

Old 10-02-08, 12:24 PM   #261
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Pitt View Post
You change your mind more than well...i don't know what !! but you change your mind alot :P

1 min you love WoW and hate WAR, next its reversed.

Please dont ask the captain about any MMO.... ever !!

Oh I'm loving WAR btw, very polished on release and lots to do at the moment. i have a lvl 30 ironbreaker and love knocking people into lava in Tor Anroc.

Still playing EQ2 as well, and new expansion should be good, but WAR is definatley getting all the love atm.
Well this was a worth while post.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-08, 05:52 PM   #262
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
This is the best PvP experience I've ever had on a MMO.

Last night, we raided a keep. It was my first time. All of the keeps on our server are Destruction controlled as they badly outnumber Order. It is MUCH worse than the WoW Alliance to Horde ratio and totally opposite. Anyways, it was a blast. We had a warband go in and just tear the place down. Within 10 minutes, Destruction was beating on the door, literally, with a siege weapon.

There's no way I could ever go back to WoW as long as they don't have this.
I know a ton of ppl that wont be going back to wow, and Im one of them.
Even with the Lich King expansion on the way, it offers very little except death knights (whip dee woo) and 10 more levels and a talent tree...all bought to you in yet another zone.
Im sure that levelling from 70-80 will be just another kill 50 bears and take thier tongues (with a 2% drop rate) not to mention Nesingwary wanting you to kill 10 million of every animal in the new zone......and honestly, I could not be arsed with that.

I ws talking to friends that still play wow over the weekend and they were telling me about brewfest....now, isnt that the same event they have run for like, the last 4 years????????
Come on Blizz.....are you out of ideas altogther?

Same old...same old......

Gimme WAR anyday...Its the most fun I have had playing an MMO ever and as you go up tiers it just gets better!
Old 10-07-08, 12:17 AM   #263
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish View Post
I know a ton of ppl that wont be going back to wow, and Im one of them.
Even with the Lich King expansion on the way, it offers very little except death knights (whip dee woo) and 10 more levels and a talent tree...all bought to you in yet another zone.
Im sure that levelling from 70-80 will be just another kill 50 bears and take thier tongues (with a 2% drop rate) not to mention Nesingwary wanting you to kill 10 million of every animal in the new zone......and honestly, I could not be arsed with that.

I ws talking to friends that still play wow over the weekend and they were telling me about brewfest....now, isnt that the same event they have run for like, the last 4 years????????
Come on Blizz.....are you out of ideas altogther?

Same old...same old......

Gimme WAR anyday...Its the most fun I have had playing an MMO ever and as you go up tiers it just gets better!
Seriously though... you post more about WoW than this game you supposedly love.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-08, 12:37 AM   #264
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Seriously though... you post more about WoW than this game you supposedly love.
And you seem to love to point this out for some reason.

And I think I have made it quite clear that there is no "supposedly" about it.
Its more like an "oh my god my clothes just fell off" kinda love

Seriously though...
I just respond to other peoples evaluations.