Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-08-08, 11:50 AM   #1
DansFace

Default Thoughts on the new Duel Spec option coming to WoW

This is taken from wow insider
"In the midst of a mostly unrelated post about the Druid Balance tree, Ghostcrawler let slip the following: "The dual-spec feature will shine more light on talent design (more on that at Blizzcon) and we'll have a better idea of what we want to do with trees when that goes live." Now I don't know about you all, but as someone who plays a healing class for a main, I am very interested in the dual spec idea. Knowing that we'll get more information on it at Blizzcon, just a few days away, makes me a happy priest indeed.

But what could she mean by the dual-spec feature shining more light on talent design? It's a slightly mysterious statement, but my interpretation is that when everybody can have two specs and switch between them either freely or at least cheaply, the load each spec needs to carry lessens. It's OK if Holy can't solo, because you can just switch to your Shadow spec for that. It's not such a big deal if Combat isn't as strong in PvP; just swap out to Assassination for the BG weekend, and swap back in time to raid. The trees no longer have to be strong in all areas of the game. But that's just guesswork on my part; GC may well have meant something else entirely.

Either way, we'll see in Anaheim this weekend, and WoW Insider will keep you posted with live reports."

I've been playing a protection warrior for 2 months now! The idea that i'll be able to switch to fury or arms to take a break from tanking is a god send

I could find my self playing even more now

What do you guys think?!

i5 2500k @ 5.0 GHZ cooled with a H70, ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) , Radeon 6970 2GB, X-Fi Music, and Corsair 650w
DansFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-08, 12:15 PM   #2
Tr1cK
not coming back

Default Re: Thoughts on the new Duel Spec option coming to WoW

As a warrior, the new prot tree is what I would stick with. It has some wicked dps added in along with stuns and some of the best snare removal.

I love how this build looks and would use it if I went back to WoW.
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=LVM...VctrgbzidIzsGo
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-08, 12:21 PM   #3
DansFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
As a warrior, the new prot tree is what I would stick with. It has some wicked dps added in along with stuns and some of the best snare removal.

I love how this build looks and would use it if I went back to WoW.
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=LVM...VctrgbzidIzsGo

Yeah I plan to use that tree to tank with.... but if I can't find a instance group. It'll be cake to switch to Arms and go hit the BG's

Without respecing and costing gold

i5 2500k @ 5.0 GHZ cooled with a H70, ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) , Radeon 6970 2GB, X-Fi Music, and Corsair 650w
Old 10-08-08, 12:27 PM   #4
Tr1cK
not coming back

I haven't had the gear to really do much with Arms or Fury in PvP. I tend to do better as Prot with the stuns and silences we do have to give casters a hell of a time. I love to play with mages. Between spell reflect, improved shield bash, and concussion blow, I have a damn good chance most times.

I agree, the option for another spec will be quite welcome to healing classes as well as tanks.
Old 10-08-08, 12:41 PM   #5
Talon

Sounds like a great idea actually. Obviously they would need to put some sort of limitations on it but on the surface it sounds good. I haven't played WoW in many many months though.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-08, 01:15 PM   #6
CaptnStubing

Bleh... They keep ruining this game with each new patch. Why not roll a different toon? Instead they trash PVP with unbalanced classes and stupid gimmicks like this.

I am happy with War right now and am interested in WotLK but don't hold much hope for it.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-08, 02:06 PM   #7
Tr1cK
not coming back

3.0 is supposed to bring in a lot more balance and make specs like Prot Warriors viable for PvP. Look at that spec I posted, specifically at the deep Prot talent 'Warbringer'.

Warbringer allows you to use Charge in any stance and while in combat. Concussion Blow will do damage based upon 3/4 of your AP. There's a tier 1 talent in Fury that gives you AP based upon how much Armor you have. Impale has moved up a notch in Arms and doesn't require Deep Wounds.

I've looked at other classes and have seen a lot of balance changes to increase the fun factor with whatever you decide to roll. Warrior is just my #1 toon.

That being said, I am very happy with Warhammer right now and look forward to playing some more of my Ironbreaker tonight.
Old 10-08-08, 03:35 PM   #8
DansFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
Bleh... They keep ruining this game with each new patch. Why not roll a different toon? Instead they trash PVP with unbalanced classes and stupid gimmicks like this.

I am happy with War right now and am interested in WotLK but don't hold much hope for it.
Man you're negative...
If you want to roll same class toon just to be a different spec go right on ahead.
I'd much rather focus on just one charater.

Old 10-08-08, 03:36 PM   #9
DansFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
3.0 is supposed to bring in a lot more balance and make specs like Prot Warriors viable for PvP. Look at that spec I posted, specifically at the deep Prot talent 'Warbringer'.

Warbringer allows you to use Charge in any stance and while in combat. Concussion Blow will do damage based upon 3/4 of your AP. There's a tier 1 talent in Fury that gives you AP based upon how much Armor you have. Impale has moved up a notch in Arms and doesn't require Deep Wounds.

I've looked at other classes and have seen a lot of balance changes to increase the fun factor with whatever you decide to roll. Warrior is just my #1 toon.

That being said, I am very happy with Warhammer right now and look forward to playing some more of my Ironbreaker tonight.

What about rage generation? I never use stuns on my war unless I have 4+ mobs pounding on me.

Would prot be able to generate enough rage in PvP?

Old 10-08-08, 03:54 PM   #10
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DansFace View Post
What about rage generation? I never use stuns on my war unless I have 4+ mobs pounding on me.

Would prot be able to generate enough rage in PvP?
I always generate a ton of rage in PvP as Prot because of the talents Shield Specialization, Focused Rage, Anger Management and just getting beat on. With WOTLK, you will be able to get all that plus Shield Spec talent gives more rage, Charge in combat is instant 10 rage and Sword & Board can proc and give you free Shield Slams.
Old 10-08-08, 04:11 PM   #11
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DansFace View Post
Man you're negative...
If you want to roll same class toon just to be a different spec go right on ahead.
I'd much rather focus on just one charater.
I am negative because they took a game I really like and ruined it. I have played on the PTS for the next patch and it was crap.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-08, 04:12 PM   #12
Phyre

I've not played the game since March, but I've been reading stuff about the changes and all. I'm just wondering what will happen to pure classes if the dual spec happens with dps specced hybrid classes doing the same damage as pure classes?

If you can beat a boss with just a bit more dps and healing is fine, why not just have a hybrid jump out of the instance, quit the raid, and switch specs? No one will need a pure class for raids anymore.
Phyre is offline   Reply With Quote