Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-09-08, 10:30 AM   #1
CaptnStubing

Default Warhammer complaint thread

Post things you would like fixed in Warhammer here.

My number one complain in RvR is the wall exploit. Any class that has a turret can put their turret next to a wall and it will shoot through all walls. Engies are notorious for this. AoE also can go through walls. As a result bright wizards and Sorceress can AoE at the keep gate and keep people from using the ram. It is a cheap exploit that War needs to fix.

Another issue I have with RvR is terrain exploits. People constantly are getting past the keep gates through gliching over the terrain.

Most of the game is in pretty good order but some adjustments need to be made.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-08, 10:39 AM   #2
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: Warhammer complaint thread

Lost interest in the game after one day.

Grinding BGs is something I can do in WoW and it has good PVE too.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-08, 11:14 AM   #3
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post

I don't view it as grinding. I view it as killing the enemy each time I see them. When you get higher in levels there is more RvR and that is much more fun than BGs. Trying to take over a flag that is inside a bar or a keep is fun as hell. It is completely different than the BGs.
Old 10-09-08, 11:18 AM   #4
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
I don't view it as grinding. I view it as killing the enemy each time I see them. When you get higher in levels there is more RvR and that is much more fun than BGs. Trying to take over a flag that is inside a bar or a keep is fun as hell. It is completely different than the BGs.
Dude, it's EXACTLY the same as BGs. I know it's easy to lose sight of that given the novelty and all, but what you do in WAR is no different from WoW as far as PvP is concerned. The only difference would be the open world city raids which have yet to materialize. Maybe once the game has some time to grow and new patches and content are added it will differentiate itself but for now it's just plain boring.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 10-09-08, 11:38 AM   #5
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Dude, it's EXACTLY the same as BGs. I know it's easy to lose sight of that given the novelty and all, but what you do in WAR is no different from WoW as far as PvP is concerned. The only difference would be the open world city raids which have yet to materialize. Maybe once the game has some time to grow and new patches and content are added it will differentiate itself but for now it's just plain boring.
I didn't say the SCs were different. I said I view it as killing the enemy each time I see them. I don't think of it as a grind to get gear.

RvR is far more fun than BGs and SCs. It is a blast trying to take over keeps.

The biggest advantage War has over WoW is no druids. Tanks are actually tanks in War PVP. They are harder to kill. This forces you to go after their healers. In WoW magic can take out a tank easily. This is not the case in War. In every way War's PVP is better and it has the added advantage of not being WoW. You don't have the stupid looking metrosexual armor and weapons. No murloc talk in chat and no Chuck Norris talk.

The higher you go up the more fun the game becomes. I was where you were when I started but it changed. Tier 1 is boring as hell. T2 is ok but T3 is much more fun. You also have much more RvR. I don't know how long I will play War but right now I am having fun.
Old 10-09-08, 01:04 PM   #6
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
Tier 1 is boring as hell.
That's my problem there, I never progressed past tier 1. Still, I have no motivation to continue. I knew I should have used that coupon for Iron Man on Bluray instead, dammit!
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 10-09-08, 01:45 PM   #7
Tr1cK
not coming back

You're not giving the game enough time Ninja. You're just more comfortable in WoW and that's understandable. I might go back to play it some with some friends when 3.0 launches.

Anyways as far as Warhammer goes, the turret damage is laughable. Turrets are always lower rank than the Engineer and IMO they are next to worthless. Engineers and I believe Magus are just jokes in RvR. The single target damage is a joke and I gave up on my Engineer until they get some love. I was getting owned by most classes even if they were a level or 2 below me. I've never felt more useless in an MMO than when playing this class. While it's a fun playstyle and decent in PvE, the game is based around RvR where all classes should be able to hold their own ground.

I'd even get a jump on the fight and have my Flame Turret down first, fire a gun blast, then apply 4 DOTs and attempt to kite. Healers out heal the slow damage and DOTs give no push-back or interrupts. Tanks just have enough health and damage that I can't barely phase them. On that note, I rolled an Ironbreaker and am having fun again.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-08, 02:40 PM   #8
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

I like the game so far despite seeing many bugs, exploits. But overall I think it is a nice change to finally have a game that promotes PvP over everything else. I'm still Tier 2 (dinged to 17 last night), but the SC's pop enough that I barely get 1-2 quests in. There are some SC's I just avoid since people don't know how to play them (CTF for example).

I like Mourkain Temple (artifact SC), it pops often and the scores can change so quickly when you get someone good w/the artifact. I also like that even if the enemy turtles w/the artifact you can still win just by absolutely destroying them. Had a 200-450 game going then me & 2 other SHs focus fired healers down and one of our Black Orcs grabbed the artifact. We wound up winning the map 500-489, that was awesome.

I'd say my biggest complaint is class balance and the fact that no Rally Masters exist with Flight Points! I feel much more confident in the balance issues considering that WAR doesn't have to worry about balancing mastery's in PvE.

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-08, 02:46 PM   #9
|MaguS|

Order classes suck

/thread
Old 10-09-08, 02:49 PM   #10
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolyth View Post
no Rally Masters exist with Flight Points!
THIS!
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-08, 03:00 PM   #11
Xav
Professional NV Lurker

Quote:

Guess it depends on if you are an altaholic and how long you've been playin the game. After 4+years I've seen all WoW has to offer and the PvP in WAR gives me more options...open areas AND "BG"s.

It's ok to love da WoW though

System II: C2D E8400 || Gigabyte GA-EP35 || 2GB Gskill DDR2 1066 || XFX GTX 260 Black Edition || Audigy 2 || Corsair TX650 || Klipsch PM 2.1 || Gateway 2185W LCD

Consoles: 360/PS3
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-08, 03:02 PM   #12
Xav
Professional NV Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Order classes suck

/thread
I play Destro and Order and have to

/disagree

System II: C2D E8400 || Gigabyte GA-EP35 || 2GB Gskill DDR2 1066 || XFX GTX 260 Black Edition || Audigy 2 || Corsair TX650 || Klipsch PM 2.1 || Gateway 2185W LCD

Consoles: 360/PS3
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote