Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-10-08, 03:12 PM   #25
Rakeesh

Default Re: Warhammer complaint thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
The biggest advantage War has over WoW is no druids. Tanks are actually tanks in War PVP. They are harder to kill. This forces you to go after their healers. In WoW magic can take out a tank easily.
This isn't exactly true. See, I play a druid in wow, namely I play a restokin build while doing pvp. Healing in wow is just like tanking, especially as a restokin or all out resto druid. Believe me when I say that in pvp, healing draws tons of agro. And NOTHING can kill me, but I can dot the crap out of anything and kite it til its dead.

Srsly I go around stormwind ganking flagged people by myself, and when I get like 8 people ganging up on me I just hop into the canals until I lose them. If I can't lose them I run into the stockades. I never die.

I know. All of this is exactly why you hate druids

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...oast&n=Rakeesh

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-08, 03:20 PM   #26
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post
This isn't exactly true. See, I play a druid in wow, namely I play a restokin build while doing pvp. Healing in wow is just like tanking, especially as a restokin or all out resto druid. Believe me when I say that in pvp, healing draws tons of agro. And NOTHING can kill me, but I can dot the crap out of anything and kite it til its dead.

Srsly I go around stormwind ganking flagged people by myself, and when I get like 8 people ganging up on me I just hop into the canals until I lose them. If I can't lose them I run into the stockades. I never die.

I know. All of this is exactly why you hate druids

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...oast&n=Rakeesh
I was just teasing on the druid comment but the rest is exactly true. In war if you are a tank you are extremely useful in PVP and RvR. This is not true in WoW. If you go into a BG speced' as a tank you are useless. Druids are the exception because they are the only true bosses in WoW. It's true. I saw a video of a druid walk up to the gates of the black temple. He yelled out "please to be giving me your loots". Then Illidan him self came out with his hat in his hand, apologized to the druid and gave him all teh epix. The druid then shape shifted into cat form and ran away jumping a lolzing.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-08, 03:27 PM   #27
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
Druids are the exception because they are the only true bosses in WoW. It's true. I saw a video of a druid walk up to the gates of the black temple. He yelled out "please to be giving me your loots". Then Illidan him self came out with his hat in his hand, apologized to the druid and gave him all teh epix. The druid then shape shifted into cat form and ran away jumping a lolzing.
Ya I did this once.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 10-10-08, 03:52 PM   #28
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

I pwned dr00ds on my rogue back in the day, simple matter of catching them between their shifts.

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-08, 06:12 PM   #29
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolyth View Post
I pwned dr00ds on my rogue back in the day, simple matter of catching them between their shifts.
What do you mean between shifts? I always dot rogues to death

Old 10-11-08, 06:33 AM   #30
killahsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Lost interest in the game after one day.

Grinding BGs is something I can do in WoW and it has good PVE too.
warhammer has more bg's then wow will ever have. also as the tiers get higher the open world rvr gets more and more crazy. to the point where your rvr area are city styles(not just the main city). some of the later 'battlegrounds' are crazy.

the battlegrounds are nothing like wows miniscule variety. tier 1 has 3, tier 2 has 3 tier 3 for instance sports 6. they are all different and they are entirely optional unlike wow.

abnd to say city raids ahve yet to amterialize is a lie. we have tier 4 city raids daily. u know tier 5 isn't the only city. its just the only capital city.
2 x msi 9600 gt oc's @ 760x1950.
4 gigs ram.
R.I.P. Ritual
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-08, 06:38 AM   #31
killahsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy_12345 View Post
Bright wizard.. the class that 50% of the order plays...

Thats one that needs balancing
the reason your dying is they ahve 2 dots. one is area based u have to move out of itys radius. the other is movement focus based where u have to stand still to take less damage. understanding the skills your being owned by helps alot. the other thing is their curses cant be dispelled.
2 x msi 9600 gt oc's @ 760x1950.
4 gigs ram.
R.I.P. Ritual
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-08, 09:33 AM   #32
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by killahsin View Post
the reason your dying is they ahve 2 dots. one is area based u have to move out of itys radius. the other is movement focus based where u have to stand still to take less damage. understanding the skills your being owned by helps alot. the other thing is their curses cant be dispelled.
No, the reason you die is they are over powered. They have the highest direct damage spells and they get a spell that ticks for more if you move? Friking stupid. This class blows every other class out of the water in damage. If a class it a little over powered, I don't mind but Bright Wizards are just silly. They need to tone them down.

Here are some more complaints.

Order constantly leaves SCs they can't win. it screws everyone when people run away like that.

Order constantly turtles on CTF maps. I won't go into CTF maps because of this.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-08, 10:07 AM   #33
Xav
Professional NV Lurker

I'm cool with BWs being overpowered really. If that's what it takes to keep folks playing Order then fine by me.

I go out of my way to target BWs first. I usually can mow em down with my Squig Herder before they react and many times even in a direct face off. If my 2nd morale ability is up they are dead in about 3 hits. Heck I've watched my enraged "He's a Biggun" horned squig SOLO a few of em.

They are purely glass cannons so again i don't mind them nuking like they do.

System II: C2D E8400 || Gigabyte GA-EP35 || 2GB Gskill DDR2 1066 || XFX GTX 260 Black Edition || Audigy 2 || Corsair TX650 || Klipsch PM 2.1 || Gateway 2185W LCD

Consoles: 360/PS3
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-08, 03:11 PM   #34
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
I'm cool with BWs being overpowered really. If that's what it takes to keep folks playing Order then fine by me.

I go out of my way to target BWs first. I usually can mow em down with my Squig Herder before they react and many times even in a direct face off. If my 2nd morale ability is up they are dead in about 3 hits. Heck I've watched my enraged "He's a Biggun" horned squig SOLO a few of em.

They are purely glass cannons so again i don't mind them nuking like they do.
This is true, less they have more then 2-3 healers on their side. I will admit the 100% bonus to crit damage eats casters up. I managed to tick 1k & 970 damage last night on a few of them on regular ole plink's. I think my biggest concern isn't that they are weak it is that they can slap on 2500 total damage DoT's on you and run away back to his healers.

But in Tier 2 towards the end I did pretty well. Even in Tier 3 now I'm still posting Top 3 in damage, exp, renown. Ignacius is the name, Ignacius Krum. :P
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Iggy1.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	33593  Click image for larger version

Name:	Iggy2.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	33594  

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-08, 06:25 PM   #35
azian257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
Couple of things...

-Takes a bit long to log in.
-Accepting the eula everytime is kinda retarded.
-Mail System mechanics are kinda sluggish. To the point where I don't even bother auctioning green stuff any more becasue I hate checking the mail.
-Auction System is kinda blah.
-Not enough Flight Paths?
-For a MMO, there's hardley any communication(non guilded granted), even in scenerios. At least on my server.
-The only reason I'm reminded I'm playing a MMO is the WALL of blue text from spam. :/

-Character mechanics seem a little sluggish. Or maybe the timing is off?
-Lack of PVE may be catching up becasue I find scenerios starting to get boring(at lvl 20).
-I've yet to see any city sieging, back to the poor chat system? Hard to assemble a battle, I dunno?
-Game performance not as smooth as it should be(maybe my fault from settings?). Seems like the CPU is cranking tho.
-No official forums
Those are the major issues I have with this game. Theres no global chat or in-game voice chat for RvR/Scenarios. I feel completely disconnected with this game. Yes you can go on vent with your kin/buddies; but your not going to be at the same PQ or RvR battle all the time. Now LOTRO had a very nice implementation of in-game voice....just too bad their pvp is a zerg/lag fest.
azian257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-08, 07:20 PM   #36
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

I just cranked my e8400 from stock(3.omhz) to 3.8. Really smoothed the game out for me.