unregistered

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Besides ORBX, i really like FSDreamscapes

JT8D-9A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-08, 04:01 PM   #1886
sillyeagle
sillyego

I kind of stopped playing FSX due to the stutters that I get with the newer nvidia drivers. I bought a GTX260 hoping the issue would not carry over to the new card, but it did. I don't think I can use ther 169 drivers with this card, so changing drivers to cure the problem is not an option anymore. I don't know if a new install will fix this as others have reported the same issue. So I might be done with FSX for a while.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 10-13-08, 04:24 PM   #1887
JT8D-9A
unregistered

Strange. I have no issues with the latest WHQL and my old GTS (WinXP/DX9 and Vista64/DX10). I hope you get it fixed!

Old 10-14-08, 02:09 AM   #1888
Llamalama

I hear your pain about the 17..drivers. since I still have the 8800 I have to stay with the 162.25 to get decent framerates in FSX and for some reason it's actually playable with a lot less stutters than before,saying that it is still beyond me why I get good frames with these drivers and not with the latest WHQL version.I persumed you do play other games as well so that card should provide you with some good gaming . JT8D-9A your shots are incredibly sharp and detailed. Were you on MP with that FA18, looks really cool.
Old 10-14-08, 08:24 AM   #1889
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
I kind of stopped playing FSX due to the stutters that I get with the newer nvidia drivers. I bought a GTX260 hoping the issue would not carry over to the new card, but it did. I don't think I can use ther 169 drivers with this card, so changing drivers to cure the problem is not an option anymore. I don't know if a new install will fix this as others have reported the same issue. So I might be done with FSX for a while.
Things can be a bit jumpy for me too - I can be flying with great frame rates, but when the load increases it becomes very erratic, even with a locked frame rate, which didn't happen before. It's very annoying as I’m getting better performance than I've ever had, and like Silly the older drivers don't support the new card, though it may be possible for me to mod the inf, seeing as it's a G92 core.

On the REX front, Mango was hinting that he was hoping to get the BETA yesterday, in which case things sound like they're moving along....and on the FEX front, it seems Chris has had to find employment as FEX profits were not sufficient to keep him afloat - which helps to explain the lack of progress. He states work on FEX is continuing and the weather engine will be added, along with the other features, but could not offer a timeframe.

I think the FSX market is quite a tough one to make money in if it's all you do, hence a lot of developers are part time, and projects are slow to come to market.

More great shots JT8D-9A
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-08, 08:43 AM   #1890
JT8D-9A
unregistered

Hm i'm only using a 8800GTS with 640MB and i have no issues with the latest WHQL.
I don't use nhancer and i have set AA and AF to app controlled in the driver and activated in FSX.
And i use no magical "tweaks", i only try to reduce the memory load as far as possible (reduced textures...90% of the add-ons are using "wrong" texture formats and can be easily reduced with no loss of visual quality). Maybe that helps someone.
Trashing FSX with "HD" textures (HD clouds, HD water, HD Trees, HD runways etc + tons of AI traffic + a large LOD radius) will certainly lead into a blurry mess and stuttering.

@Llamalama
For the last shots, i used the AI Formation tool (SimOuthouse). That's why they have their lights on

@SJA06
Thanks! Also for the Infos!
Old 10-14-08, 04:21 PM   #1891
JT8D-9A
unregistered

Images spamming continues... XPack is still one of my favorite add-ons and today i found this nice repaint at Avsim: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=128999

Many thanks, Andy!
Old 10-14-08, 05:37 PM   #1892
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Whoo Andy your on a roll! great shots very chrisp

Great shots is that the FSdreamscapes Utah? & if so does it have any Autogen?

Well it seems my EC-135 repainting has impressed someone enought for them to want donate me a copy of the ND BO105! the one condition is that i would repaint the BO105 with the Luftrettung Bundesministerium des Innern EC-135 scheme

Seems that the EC-135 replaced this helo in that service (even thought there B105 was the CBS version)

Ive been at it this afternoon & as the repaint PSD is quite well layout its been pretty easy to kick up,still got a few things to tweak before its uploaded but heres a beta shot

Seems its a bit buggy though as even after patching with update 1 i still have some random lighting errors...

Thanks to Hans from Germany!

Sorry to hear your new card isnt playing nice silly i guess you tryed deleteing your FSX.cfg & defragged ect ect and all that? might be worth kicking up some fuss over at the NV forums,as i said my drivers on the HD4870 have gotten worst post 8.6 i have to run locked 30fps in fullscreen under DX10 mode and cant force AA Or AF anymore now as doing so gives me radical fame rate jumping...in every other game its fine so all i get when ever i raise it in any ATI driver threads is ..."FSX man that game engine sucks the big one" mostly it seems from ppl who only tryed FSX RTM....

Hey mark thanks for the heads up on the FEX issues where did you hear/read about that btw? i havent seen anything on there site or in the FEX GUI or the F1 forums,I thought something funny was going on as about a month ago i saw a post by peter on AVsim asking for help in the form of a programmer/gui artist but when i went back a day later it was gone your info kinda explains that post for me now so thanks for the heads up

& forgot to say but i hope you enjoyed your holiday

Laters
steve

btw guys check this out

omzig is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-08, 05:45 AM   #1893
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Congratulations Steve you deserve the recognition, your repaints a quality items...so your doing some 'painting' for OZx as well eh? ... nice

The holiday was good thanks, only Cornwall, but we had stunning weather, which is great when you have a three year old who likes to play on the beach.

The thread where Chris talks about the weather engine and him having to quit full time developing is here.
http://www.simforums.com/forums/foru...TID=23047&PN=2

It's a real shame things have turned out this way for all concerned, that includes those that have bought and supported FEX, but I guess these are tough times for everybody.

I have found I get to fly stutter free by locking the frame rate to 26, any higher and things get jumpy - I like to fly around FTX with an unlimited rate, but find locking in non-urban areas is now a must...it's a real bugger that putting any limit knocks the frame rate so drastically...around towns it's fine running 'unlimed' as the lower frame rate seems to stop the wild ups and downs.

Hoping the so called 'big bang' 180 drivers [big bull**** more like] will return things to the way they were
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-08, 11:37 AM   #1894
JT8D-9A
unregistered

Thanks, Steven! Yep, FSD Utah. It has no autogen, but the landscape is very impressive.
Congrats, i really like your repaints and i wish i could buy the BO, but as long as it has bugs, i have other priorities.
And i'm disappointed about the model variations
Of course, i would welcome any Hans
No comment about game engine "experts", but good luck with your ATI! And good luck to ATI

Now, i will test the new NV WHQL...
Old 10-16-08, 12:58 AM   #1895
sillyeagle
sillyego

Nice shots there.

Well I guess I'm going to try a repair install, and if no luck I'll try a clean install. When I first start flying it's perfect, totally smooth, but once I change views it starts hitching, and if I change views a few more times the hitching gets real bad. Its not as bad with 8xQ AA from the CP, but if I try 8xS supersampling its not even worth playing, though 8xQ is fine with the 169 drivers...

I might need a clean intall anyway as there's something odd with FTX. Around Cairns for example, the forest landclass has trees so dense its chops my framerate down to the 15-20 area, and thats with the autogen settings above. I'm used to 30fps+ with FTX, so its strange to see it running so bad around cairns, which isn't even an urban area.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 10-16-08, 02:48 AM   #1896
Llamalama

Same thing here with AUGreen sillyeagle. Taking off form Cairns Intl is fine but once I turn left towards those hills the frames takes a big dive. It is to do with the amount of trees being more dense than normal I'm fairly sure of it but that's just the nature of the landscape. It's a shame your card is not performing that well with FSX,still a nice card though.I'm rocking between the 4870 1Gb & the 260 still. I read somewhere about trying Alacrity PC to stop some services in the background that is conflicting with that particular card but it doesn't make any sense as to why any services would do that. Have you let FSX rebuilt the CFG after a driver install. Some say that works as well.