Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-14-08, 01:29 AM   #13
Logical

Default Re: Why does this forum talk more about politics than hardware?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
nvnews is unique, it's a different sort of tech community. It started that way and you know how a community works, those who like it fit in and stay, others move on. So Nvnews grew as a community that are open and sharing and not afraid to have a laugh and perhaps take thing that little bit to far. I've tried being a member at other forums that are strictly hardware or strictly gaming. it's just not the same. It's all so serious. Least here I can kick back in the open forum and see what everyone else is up to in their lives.

Also a lot of people dismiss the linux forums. A lot of nvidia related discussion in there. Probably the premier source of Linux/Nvidia information on the net.
QFT

I first came here with with a 'nvldmkm stop responding' (or w/e it is) issue. Once i read the MASSIVE thread on the issue i realised there were a lot of people here that share the same interests as me. My favorite is the gaming forum where i have posted numerous posts there and tried to blend in with the community, now i visit this site everyday. There are some great guys here and with every forum community there are a couple of A holes too.

On topic: I find NvNews to be upto date with everything hardware related and more, and as been said in another post 'atm things on the hardware side are a little slow'. Once X58 mobo's and Nehalem is closer im sure the hardware thread will pick up a lot more.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-08, 06:36 AM   #14
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL View Post
I agree.

For what its worth though MrSavoy, it sounds like you're just viewing the forums by clicking the "new posts" button, which is why you're getting all politics.

If you view the individual forums and stay out of the PF you will see no politics. We strictly regulate all political discussion to the political forum. If you want to talk about hardware or gaming, go to the hardware or gaming forums. The Open and Political forums are separated for this very reason.

We're currently less than a month away from the presidential elections and they are extremely controversial... even more than usual. And there haven't been many significant hardware releases recently. Plus, with the economy in the crapper, companies and consumers have less cash to blow on technology.

All of that should be taken into account, as well as what crainger said about this being a very diverse community.
Well put.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-08, 08:34 AM   #15
evox
:3

I like nVnews, for the same reasons that CaptN posted. Great and mature posters that aren't afraid to have fun. I like that nVnews isn't uber serious like XtremeSystems or XbitLabs, where even a bit of off-topic alerts the nazi mods. Heh, nVnews is the only forum I've bothered to stick around with and try my best to keep the community updated with all the latest happenings in gaming realm.

Hopefully this post doesn't sound too retarded.
evox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-08, 08:46 AM   #16
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by evox View Post
Hopefully this post doesn't sound too retarded.
No such luck...

J\K
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-08, 05:43 PM   #17
MrSavoy

All good, I do appreciate all the different views/comments on the subject. As you can see from my join date I have been coming here for years even though I don't post a lot. Actually I have been coming here for probably a couple of years before my join date.

Bottom line, I like these forums. I guess I'll just lay off the new posts button.
3x EVGA, GeForce GTX 470's Superclocked (TRI-SLI) / 2x WESTERN DIGITAL, 640GB WD Caviar Black (WD6401AALS) (Raid 0) / LITE-ON CD-R/CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive / SAMSUNG DVD R/RW / Windows 7 Home Premium 64 / Westy 37" 1080P
MrSavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-08, 08:18 PM   #18
Severian126
Y SO SRS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSavoy View Post
All good, I do appreciate all the different views/comments on the subject. As you can see from my join date I have been coming here for years even though I don't post a lot. Actually I have been coming here for probably a couple of years before my join date.

Bottom line, I like these forums. I guess I'll just lay off the new posts button.
I've first visited this site back in 2004 like you. I didn't post regularly until late 2007/early 2008 I believe.

I come in asking questions once in awhile on a few hardware/software related issues, and I always manage to get a reasonable response to help solve my issues.

I'm not a forum person, but this place grew on me. A lot of unique personalities are here, that's for sure, but the different views definitely helps me to understand people from all walks of life (with a common love for PC hardware and gaming).

I can understand your frustration with the number of political news, but if you're a regular, it's nice to hear what the other members think outside of gaming/hardware news. As for that itself, it'll come in time.

In the meantime, enjoy your stay. And BTW, meth is a good guy. He's just straight to the point.
Processor: Core 2 Extreme QX6850 3.0GHz 8MB Cache 1066MHz FSB - OC @ 3.2 GHz Liquid Cooled
Memory: 4GB Low Latency DDR2 Performance SDRAM at 1066MHz - 2 x 1024MB
Motherboard: NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI Motherboard
System Drive: Extreme Performance (RAID 0) - 320GB (2 x 160GB) Serial ATA 1.5Gb/s 10,000 RPM w/ 2 x 16MB Cache
Storage Drive: 500GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ 16MB Cache
Power Supply: Alienware® 1000 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-FI

XBOX LIVE: Kungfujoe126 - Catch me on NBA 2K9!
PSN: Severian126
Steam: Sever126

Currently Playing: Fallout 3 (PC), NBA 2k9! (360), Dead Space (PS3), Silent Hill Homecomings (360), Fable 2 (360)

Quote:
Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who is in command here.
Severian126 is offline   Reply With Quote