Default Re: Warhammer complaint thread

BTW, BW are not over powered.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-13-08, 07:21 PM   #38
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Dude, it's EXACTLY the same as BGs. I know it's easy to lose sight of that given the novelty and all, but what you do in WAR is no different from WoW as far as PvP is concerned. The only difference would be the open world city raids which have yet to materialize. Maybe once the game has some time to grow and new patches and content are added it will differentiate itself but for now it's just plain boring.
The scenarios have more variation.
Im in T3 and I have 6 different rvr's I can choose from....you also get xp from RvR which is nice.
I find the RvR much more varied and interesting and wityh each tier ypou get new RvR scenarios to enter....so you dont get so bored with same old same old.
Old 10-13-08, 07:26 PM   #39
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy_12345 View Post
Bright wizard.. the class that 50% of the order plays...

Thats one that needs balancing
yeh..I play a sorceress as my main and so I decided to try playing her counterpart on the order side to make a comparison.
I found the BW to be alot stronger early in the game....I only got her to level 10...so I cant comment any further than that.

Did I enjoy playing order...nup.
Did I enjoy the BW...nup.....she reminded me of a kid that was picked on at school with thier red hair and freckles
Old 10-13-08, 07:33 PM   #40
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by azian257 View Post
Those are the major issues I have with this game. Theres no global chat or in-game voice chat for RvR/Scenarios. I feel completely disconnected with this game. Yes you can go on vent with your kin/buddies; but your not going to be at the same PQ or RvR battle all the time. Now LOTRO had a very nice implementation of in-game voice....just too bad their pvp is a zerg/lag fest.
Yeh...many of the same issues I have.
The mail system is terrible and the lack of flight paths is bad, but at guild level 15 (I think) you can buy a scroll from the Viper Pitt which will transport you back to the major city when used....so this will help a little.

I dont know what there has been any city seiges yet....I would say you would have to have a considerable number of 40's to do this?
I havent seen a single 40 on our server yet...al though Im sure there are some.
Our highest guildy is 34 and he hasnt seen any 40's yet.

I think we will def see some of these annoying issues resolved with upcomming patches.
Already I have seen some things that annoyed me fixed....like the ability to "join all scenario" choice, and the fact that they did take out the 20 sec wait between sending mail.

All in good time
Old 10-14-08, 10:00 AM   #41
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish View Post
I dont know what there has been any city seiges yet....I would say you would have to have a considerable number of 40's to do this?
Actually you can be 34-40 for city sieges, there was a weekend hot-fix to correct this issue as it was only allowing 37-40 ranks into city sieges. There have been a couple city sieges I've heard of. One official successful Altdorf siege on Averheim, the other was an exploit by some players.

Quote:
I havent seen a single 40 on our server yet...al though Im sure there are some.
Our highest guildy is 34 and he hasnt seen any 40's yet.
I've seen several 40's already, we only have one in our guild, but last night I was raped in a T3 zone by a marauding Rank 40 Witch Hunter, lawlz.

Quote:
I think we will def see some of these annoying issues resolved with upcomming patches.
Already I have seen some things that annoyed me fixed....like the ability to "join all scenario" choice, and the fact that they did take out the 20 sec wait between sending mail.

All in good time
Definitely, having played DAOC back in the day I am confident Mythic will make the right moves. I just hope we get better PvP'ers and less people that stand there and fight a dorf/high-elf tank and completely ignore the healers/casters. The moment I see my targets health bar go up, I'm looking for a healer to kill /sick my squig on.

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-08, 10:17 AM   #42
CaptnStubing

They really need to fix their problems with world RvR. If you try to take a keep, it is 10 FPS. It makes siege battles usless when it is a slide show.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-08, 06:46 PM   #43
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolyth View Post
20 in 2 days (play-time or real-time?)
no, no I'm sorry I didn't seem to word it right for internet, heh.

It took me 2 days of about 3-4 hours a day playtime to level from 19-20, and thats just ridiculous in my book.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-08, 08:00 PM   #44
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID View Post

It took me 2 days of about 3-4 hours a day playtime to level from 19-20, and thats just ridiculous in my book.
You're not doing something right then. I went from 17 to 18 in less than 3 hours.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-08, 09:29 AM   #45
Badboy_12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID View Post

do more scenarios
You lvl up faster then

And the exp for completing quests is wrong in tier3 and tier4. They have confirmed it and are fixing

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/wa...cle.war?id=372
http://herald.warhammeronline.com/wa...cle.war?id=379

EDIT: already a new patch out. Mythic is great in patching the game.

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/wa...cle.war?id=380
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-08, 04:35 PM   #46
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

My two biggest complaints by far(coming from a 24 marauder) are the out of control CC and broken spell resistances. I can't count how many times I've been knocked down, knocked back, rooted, all within the span of 30 seconds or less. I understand lightly armored classes need defenses, but they shouldn't be allowed to spam those abilities with impunity. Some immunity timers, even if for only 10 seconds would really help. Oh and tanks with knockback: all I have to say is, WTF?

As far as spell resistances are concerned, I understand that there is a bug with spell crits in that no matter how much corporeal or elemental resistance you stack you will get hit with the full amount. This is probably why a lot of people perceive BW's to be overpowered since they have a lot of DoT's. And they also have that nasty debuff, Playing with Fire I think its called, that reduces healing done to the target by like 50% and also smacks the healer for elemental damage. Yea maybe they still are overpowered even without the spell resistance bug, I dunno for sure but they need to fix the bugs before they start nerfing and buffing classes imo.
[CPU]Intel Q6600 w/ TR Ultra-120 Extreme @ 3GHz
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]
--WD Raptor 150GBx2(Raid 0 Striped)--
--Seagate Barrucuda 300GB--
[OS]Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
[Monitor]Gateway FPD2485W

Live/Xfire/PSN: SidRic SteamID: 3_gh05t_3
Sidric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-08, 05:27 PM   #47
CaptnStubing

I hate the tank knock back but then I realized most don't know how to use it. 90% of the time they knock be back to my own side and I am out of danger.

What does piss me off about knock backs is when destruction side uses it. Every damn time some moronic tank uses it and knocks the order guy into safety or just out of my range so I can't bash his head in with my axe. FRIKING MORONS! I like my black orc but running after someone because some moron knocked them back is annoying as hell.

As of right now I am getting bored of the game. The same thing happens every time. Bright Wizards one or 2 shot you. Order turtles on the flag. If order is losing they leave the SC. It takes a half an hour to kill a dwarf priest... that is if you can kill them.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-08, 05:30 PM   #48
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

I wish my BW could 1 or 2 shot