Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-16-08, 08:52 PM   #1
Tr1cK
not coming back

Default WoW - Echoes of Doom

I jumped back onto my Orc Warrior with the most recent patch. I'm having a blast as prot in PvP! This is the way warriors are meant to be.

Anyone else loving some of the new talents and abilities? I'm really anxious to see the new PvP types in WOTLK.

I think my favorite thing is that deep prot gets a talent called Warbringer. Basically, I can use Charge while in combat, in any stance. It also frees me from any roots or snares, gives me 25 rage, and is on a 12 second cooldown thanks to a glyph.

My PvP Prot talents: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LVMhzbZZVctrT0zibIzsh

I have already grown kind of tired with WAR. It needs some more polish put it on. It has potential to be an awesome game, but I can't help but keep comparing it to the king, WoW. Bring on level 80!
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-08, 09:22 PM   #2
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Default Re: WoW - Echoes of Doom

I feel the same with WAR. It's missing something. Levels 19-21 were just, ugh. The game just isn't drawing me in with the lack of community(chat channels), the gear is boring, and pve/world almost has a linear feel to it. I already got my reminder that my account(free month) is up but I don't think i'm renewing.

On the flipside, pvp is a blast but it goes back to how many time can I do a scenerio before getting bored.

Not sure I could or want to go back to playing warcraft though. Its just too much of a time sink. I am how ever curious if pvp is getting better.
Old 10-16-08, 09:38 PM   #3
KasuCode
Wiley

Send a message via AIM to KasuCode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
I jumped back onto my Orc Warrior with the most recent patch. I'm having a blast as prot in PvP! This is the way warriors are meant to be.

Anyone else loving some of the new talents and abilities? I'm really anxious to see the new PvP types in WOTLK.

I think my favorite thing is that deep prot gets a talent called Warbringer. Basically, I can use Charge while in combat, in any stance. It also frees me from any roots or snares, gives me 25 rage, and is on a 12 second cooldown thanks to a glyph.

My PvP Prot talents: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LVMhzbZZVctrT0zibIzsh

I have already grown kind of tired with WAR. It needs some more polish put it on. It has potential to be an awesome game, but I can't help but keep comparing it to the king, WoW. Bring on level 80!

Play MS or Fury not prot for pvp. Thats why you feel like it needs more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
I feel the same with WAR. It's missing something. Levels 19-21 were just, ugh. The game just isn't drawing me in with the lack of community(chat channels), the gear is boring, and pve/world almost has a linear feel to it. I already got my reminder that my account(free month) is up but I don't think i'm renewing.

On the flipside, pvp is a blast but it goes back to how many time can I do a scenerio before getting bored.

Not sure I could or want to go back to playing warcraft though. Its just too much of a time sink. I am how ever curious if pvp is getting better.
Give the game a real chance. Talking about lack of community? with over 11million people playing unless your on a new RP server I have no idea what your talking about.

I play on a pvp server. I currently run titans grip with my warrior with 2 season 2 2h swords. Damage right now is out the roof. It would be more fun if everyone had an extra 10k health after the patch.

I just wanted to say this is the most powerful warriors have ever been. Its a nice change of pace and warriors are way more balanced and the skills are more useful then ever before.

Check Out
~CrossWater~
KasuCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-08, 10:35 PM   #4
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

so yea my kinda bad geared ret pally 3 shotted an s2 mage last night. They need to tune ret down a bit, and this is coming from a ret pally.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-08, 12:00 AM   #5
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID View Post
so yea my kinda bad geared ret pally 3 shotted an s2 mage last night. They need to tune ret down a bit, and this is coming from a ret pally.
Ret has already been nerfed.

Took them 2 days to figure it out heh.

On the main topic though, I like the new stuff, pretty much all the new talents are fun and interesting. Just need some new content to try it out on...
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-08, 12:26 AM   #6
Zelda_fan

I really, really like the way things are looking with WotLK. I play WoW casually(maybe like 5 hours a week), but I'm having a blast with this new patch. I'm a frost mage, and we got some huge buffs. It finally feels like we're balanced.

Mages were basically the ***** class in Burning Crusade, but now I'm winning just about every 1 on 1 fight with any class, even if they get the jump on me. I've even won a couple 2v1 fights, but that's pretty hard...
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-08, 04:34 AM   #7
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
I am how ever curious if pvp is getting better.
Heh. PVP in wow is a total joke right now. All you have to do is faceroll your stuns/incaps and nuke the enemy down as fast as you can. That's it really. There's no strategy in pvp at all ever since the last patch.

The dominant specs for all classes now are the ones that can do the fastest burst damage, and in arena the best teams now use the highest burst/gib comps. Healing specs are borderline worthless.

They've made a lot of great PVE changes though which should make raiding more interesting.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-08, 06:28 AM   #8
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasuCode View Post

Give the game a real chance. Talking about lack of community? with over 11million people playing unless your on a new RP server I have no idea what your talking about.

Quote:
I feel the same with WAR. It's missing something.
"WAR"hammer

Old 10-17-08, 06:47 AM   #9
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Ret has already been nerfed.

Took them 2 days to figure it out heh.
not really. I still think the damage numbers are a bit high, but I do wonder how things will scale at 80 where it will matter in 2 months.

I know I said in another thread that WOW was basically dead to me, but hey I've quit many times before and I just keep coming back. I'm already leveling a priest on Mal'Ganis, so this will make 6 classes I have for Wrath.

The chances of me ending up with a FOTM class in the near future are VERY good, lol.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-08, 06:59 AM   #10
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasuCode View Post
I never said my warrior needs more. Prot is awesome in PvP now. I've played every spec in PvP for 3 years and right now, by far prot is the most fun to me.

Last night in AB, I beat down a mage and rogue combo. Spell reflected the dumb mages pyro on him for 4200 crit, then proceeded to shield slam him for over 2k, revenge crits for almost 2k all the while I am blocking the rogues attacks.

Prot is now where it needs to be. The only classes I still don't like going up against is a damn paladin. The fact they can DPS like crazy, then bubble and heal is just way OP.

How prot is better than it used to be:

Shield Slam damage upped
Charge in combat, in any stance, frees you from any roots, +25 rage on 12 second cooldown
Concussion Blow does damage based on 3/4 AP
Revenge damage boosted a ton
Talents for 15% more crit on devestate, shield slam, heroic strike, cleave, thunder clap
Sword & Board
Increased Dodge
Can get Impale easily
No need to go in fury trr for anything but Armored to the Teeth
Improved Spell Reflect
Old 10-17-08, 11:16 AM   #11
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

feral charge in cat form is awesome
starfall and typhoon are fun
a good hurricane can fill my mana bar back up

addons where hell to fix

edit: fixed some typos that I didn't care to fix before when I was still eating lunch.
Also we 4 manned attumen and Maiden in kara last night... so if you need some bage runs to fill out some gear pre expansion, kara is super easy now.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-08, 11:25 AM   #12
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182 View Post
addons where hell to fix

As always. I wish someone would pick up and fix mobinfo2. It's the only one I really need updated and can't find a replacement for.