Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-17-08, 12:57 PM   #13
Roliath

Default Re: WoW - Echoes of Doom

i'm glad I don't play wow anymore, how did rogues turn out?
Old 10-17-08, 01:16 PM   #14
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath View Post
As a prot warrior, I don't sweat them.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-08, 01:23 PM   #15
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID View Post
not really. I still think the damage numbers are a bit high, but I do wonder how things will scale at 80 where it will matter in 2 months.

I know I said in another thread that WOW was basically dead to me, but hey I've quit many times before and I just keep coming back. I'm already leveling a priest on Mal'Ganis, so this will make 6 classes I have for Wrath.

The chances of me ending up with a FOTM class in the near future are VERY good, lol.
Ret was hotfix nerfed pretty hard from where it was, mostly just burst damage and CC though.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-08, 01:24 PM   #16
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath View Post
Rogues have some cool new stuff, slightly OP against lowly armored classes, as usual.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-08, 10:34 PM   #17
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182 View Post
feral charge in cat form is awesome
starfall and typhoon are fun
a good hurricane can fill my mana bar back up
The thing I hate about the new 51 point druid abilities is they made them so easy to counter. Berserk > blind, sap, ice, etc. Starfall > dispell, spellsteal, purge, etc.

Balance is pretty powerful right now though. Resto is teh suck however.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-08, 04:18 AM   #18
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

I have a t6 priest as my main but havnt actually taken him into a raid yet (our gm pretty much new illi was gonna fall after the patch/nerf and since I needed nothing from bt, I stayed out). Apparently healers were seeing HPS numbers 4x greater then before..i can only hope it was a bug in their recount.

I have however been very much enjoying warrior prot in PvE. I'm mostly in full kara gear + 2 or so badge pieces and only off tanked, usualy with a really good pali MT. Tonight I not only was the MT (bear OT), but we had a solo druid healer. Kara was cleared in under 90 minutes and I died once...when the druid lost connection. It wasn't even a real uber group or anything, but we waltz over every boss and I had no issues AoE taunting everything. Nitebane was the only problem..and that problem was he was confusing the hell out of us cause we dps'd him in the air and it messed up his flight/landing cycle.

On a technical side, anyone paid attention to the new shadow engine? WoW has to be one of the least "light source accurate" games I've seen, afaik all the old shadows in the game, while they may have been generated in realtime during one pass, the light source they are based off is static. The position of the sun/moon didnt effect them what so ever.

At first I thought "neat, they simply stuck a shader based shadow on people and their mounts", but they did more then that. If you have shadows maxed, the entire world's shadows are rendered in realtime, and the shadows are able to self shadow. I quickly noticed that over hangs on houses were casting a small shadow onto the house itself. Also before when your character moved under a shadow, it was more like your entire character whent light/dark. Now the shadow actually rolls over you, including any small gaps from a non-solid shadow (tree branches, ect).

Its not perfect though, the light source is still static, and currently the draw distance is pretty short. This was paticularly annoying in Stranglethorn vale as distant shadows get rendered in one frame (the first time you see the shadow) using the old method, and dont get updated in realtime untill you are close enough. Well the many large trees in stv are actually casting some big shadows every where that the old shadow engine isn't rendering, so youll be running along in brightly exposed ground and theres a shadow forming at the same distance of about 20 meters ahead of you, it looks like you are trying to out run an eclipse! I hope they allow us to extend it more, stv with world shadows must look pretty sweet.

I also maxed inscriptions on my warrior.. its an "ok" tradeskill and glyphs themselves are cool (Adding a heal to my priest's shield ability is awesome), it dosnt quite have the epic payback of the other trade skills yet. Also some classes wont see some of their glyphs for primary spells used NOW until wotlk comes out.
Old 10-18-08, 06:55 AM   #19
Rakeesh

In as much of a sh*tty dumbed down state that wow pvp is in right now, you gotta admit that the in game holidays bring out the best in everybody:

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-08, 05:59 PM   #20
killahsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
I feel the same with WAR. It's missing something. Levels 19-21 were just, ugh. The game just isn't drawing me in with the lack of community(chat channels), the gear is boring, and pve/world almost has a linear feel to it. I already got my reminder that my account(free month) is up but I don't think i'm renewing.

On the flipside, pvp is a blast but it goes back to how many time can I do a scenerio before getting bored.

Not sure I could or want to go back to playing warcraft though. Its just too much of a time sink. I am how ever curious if pvp is getting better.
i have 2 sets already im in tier 4. a bounty hunter set and a rvr set and u can be sure both are very unique visually. and have very sweet stats
2 x msi 9600 gt oc's @ 760x1950.
4 gigs ram.
R.I.P. Ritual
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-08, 02:28 PM   #21
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
I jumped back onto my Orc Warrior with the most recent patch. I'm having a blast as prot in PvP! This is the way warriors are meant to be.

Anyone else loving some of the new talents and abilities? I'm really anxious to see the new PvP types in WOTLK.

I think my favorite thing is that deep prot gets a talent called Warbringer. Basically, I can use Charge while in combat, in any stance. It also frees me from any roots or snares, gives me 25 rage, and is on a 12 second cooldown thanks to a glyph.

My PvP Prot talents: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LVMhzbZZVctrT0zibIzsh

I have already grown kind of tired with WAR. It needs some more polish put it on. It has potential to be an awesome game, but I can't help but keep comparing it to the king, WoW. Bring on level 80!
Of course you love paying your warrior right now. Warriors are overpowered. Don't get me wrong, I am loving it also. My warrior trashes people and if I want to add insult to injury, I will pop retaliation or reclessness every 5 minutes.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-08, 02:31 PM   #22
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post
Heh. PVP in wow is a total joke right now. All you have to do is faceroll your stuns/incaps and nuke the enemy down as fast as you can. That's it really. There's no strategy in pvp at all ever since the last patch.

The dominant specs for all classes now are the ones that can do the fastest burst damage, and in arena the best teams now use the highest burst/gib comps. Healing specs are borderline worthless.

They've made a lot of great PVE changes though which should make raiding more interesting.
Very true. Everyone has silly power right now. No one lasts long at all. Basically a wave of players steam roll over everything in its path... trees and buildings included.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-08, 02:32 PM   #23
Tr1cK
not coming back

I don't think they are overpowered right now. I think they just finally brought Prot in line to be competitive with everything else. I'm not afraid of going 1 on 1 anymore except for paladins which are just flat out overpowered.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-08, 02:37 PM   #24
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

I have no dps gear on my warrior really.. Ive gotten an epic 1h to be dual wielded with my kings sword, and about 3 other epic dps pieces, but the rest is green and some blue, so I havn't really beenable to dive into dpsing as a warrior since the patch. However since they did fine before the patch im sure their all op now.

Got my priest into some raids, alot of healers on avg are now 2500hps which is big improvement. The new circle of healing is almost more overpowered then chain heal now. Even if you blow the initial target on someone full health, the 4 others will find something to heal. Went in and took us 2 nights to down brutalis in sunwell, this place is almost easier then bt now.