Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-15-08, 05:41 PM   #49
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

Default Re: Warhammer complaint thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
I hate the tank knock back but then I realized most don't know how to use it. 90% of the time they knock be back to my own side and I am out of danger.

What does piss me off about knock backs is when destruction side uses it. Every damn time some moronic tank uses it and knocks the order guy into safety or just out of my range so I can't bash his head in with my axe. FRIKING MORONS! I like my black orc but running after someone because some moron knocked them back is annoying as hell.

As of right now I am getting bored of the game. The same thing happens every time. Bright Wizards one or 2 shot you. Order turtles on the flag. If order is losing they leave the SC. It takes a half an hour to kill a dwarf priest... that is if you can kill them.
lol yea that has aggravated me a few times: about to finish off a witch hunter with a guillotine and wam! a black orc knocks him away like a chew toy . . . but at least on tor anroc they're gonna die anyway because they are taking a lava bath.

that being said, I can't help but chuckle when I see a flying ironbreaker on his way to a fiery doom. maybe its because he's a dwarf, or the fact that I've suffered no small amount of knockbacks from their rune-etched axe BS.
[CPU]Intel Q6600 w/ TR Ultra-120 Extreme @ 3GHz
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]
--WD Raptor 150GBx2(Raid 0 Striped)--
--Seagate Barrucuda 300GB--
[OS]Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
[Monitor]Gateway FPD2485W

Live/Xfire/PSN: SidRic SteamID: 3_gh05t_3
Sidric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-08, 04:57 AM   #50
Slybri

They really need to nerf the XP you get in scenarios. It's killing the rest of the game. No one does PvE or PQs. The RvR lakes are empty. The keeps stay kept. Why? Because everyone is playing the scenarios. You can quest for 45 minutes to an hour, running back and forth, for about 10K xp. Or get the same amount of XP in 15 minutes plus Renown, gold, and decent loot in a scenario.

I do love playing the scenarios though. They are wild and crazy and fun. I just hate seeing the rest of the game go to waste. Those RvR lakes would be great fun with 40 or more players fighting over it. And I haven't seen a PQ played all the way to the loot chest since Tier 1. The zones are just empty.

Also, it's not all Bright Wizards that are OP. It's just the Immolation spec.. the DOTs. My BW can stand back and drop DOTs on every Destro that runs by him, then detonate for a AOE DOT on a big cluster of them. All those ticks on all those Destros adds up. I usually average about 80,000 damage dealt at level 20. Of course that doesn't mean I actually killed anyone. All that damage is spread out. I just softened up a lot of targets and annoyed a lot of healers. 1v1 I usually just die. Of course I usually kill myself from combustion first.

Heatrash (BW), Dworf (IB), on Drifting Castle

"Nice shot William Burroughs! You hold a gun like a guy who plays Riven!"
------ The Venture Bros.
Slybri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-08, 06:20 PM   #51
gravioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slybri View Post
They really need to nerf the XP you get in scenarios. It's killing the rest of the game. No one does PvE or PQs. The RvR lakes are empty. The keeps stay kept. Why? Because everyone is playing the scenarios. You can quest for 45 minutes to an hour, running back and forth, for about 10K xp. Or get the same amount of XP in 15 minutes plus Renown, gold, and decent loot in a scenario.
Yep. This is the biggest problem IMO. Way too much XP rewarded in scenarios.
Old 10-18-08, 01:32 PM   #52
glObalist
working as intended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravioli View Post
Yep. This is the biggest problem IMO. Way too much XP rewarded in scenarios.
Same thing happened in WoW and it went downhill from there. For some unknown reason *, you got a lot less Honor points for killing dudes outdoors than in the Battlegrounds. Killed world PvP, established e-sports mindset (let's pwn in arenas), almost killed PvE as a result (disparity of gear rewards).

* well, just some crybabies whining about being killed while questing
Quote:
All MMO's are now baby-school weak. The only good MMO's make your eyes bleed and force you to eat glass. In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles *JUST* to log in.
glObalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-08, 04:19 PM   #53
killahsin

they do not need to nerf scenario xp. they need to bring real world rvr xp in line with scenario xp. they need to provide bonuses and benefits and take the goals of real world rvr to the enxt level when it comes to rewards and or xp. scenario xp is in line with doing a quest of it's level and slightly higher. they need to just scale the other systems to match it. and provide a more feasible loot table for real world rvr.
2 x msi 9600 gt oc's @ 760x1950.
4 gigs ram.
R.I.P. Ritual
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-08, 08:16 PM   #54
Smee

I guess most of you don't play Destruction?

Seems like I would have heard someone *****ing about the 1-4 healer ratio between the two sides.

Order healers are just much more fun to play.

I can't count how many times our side had 0-1 healers, usually a Shaman running for his life.. " YA....YA....YA lol
Smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-08, 12:08 PM   #55
fugu_fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slybri View Post
Disagree. At level 25 I can knock out 4 or 5 5K+ quests in 30 minutes. Scenarios usually yield me an average of 5K (destro usually loses on my server)for 15-20 minutes of playing time. Factor in the long queue times (we gave up on Tor Anroc until the ridiculous KB issues are addressed) and they really don't yield a lot of XP.

I play scenarios because they are fun, even though destro loses almost every one.
Public quests are a silly grind for mostly mediocre gear ( I do travel to all 3 zones to see if the PQ rewards are worth it). RVR is fairly rare, even in my fairly large guild. Due to the nature of keep defenses it's very hard to take one from a determined defender.

Again, just my experience on my server. YMMV.

|Antec 900/GB X58A-UD3R|i7-930 @3.6|6GB OCZ|Corsair TX850|Hannspree HF289H 28" monitor |GB GTX460 SLI|Xonar DX|Seagate Hybrid 500GB| WD6400AAKS 640GB/SG 320GB|WD Caviar Black 1TB |Samsung SH-203B |Windows 7 Pro x64 |Sennheiser HD-280
fugu_fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-08, 06:03 AM   #56
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post

As of right now I am getting bored of the game.
Yup, canceled my account already... Found AOC more entertaining honestly...

Old 10-21-08, 07:36 AM   #57
Hybr1d

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Yup, canceled my account already... Found AOC more entertaining honestly...
Personally i'm still finding it pretty interesting but thats probably cause i took a fairly long break from it while i moved house and got all my s**t sorted. Admittedly the levelling can get tedious but its the same with every mmo, and warhammer at least gives you the option to RvR for levels which imho is a welcome inclusion.

I did find it kinda boring and unappealing at first until i found a class i enjoyed and im hoping it keeps my interest as well as others, if only to give blizzard some cause for concern so they put some more work into their pvp system
Hybr1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-08, 07:50 AM   #58
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
Personally i'm still finding it pretty interesting but thats probably cause i took a fairly long break from it while i moved house and got all my s**t sorted. Admittedly the levelling can get tedious but its the same with every mmo, and warhammer at least gives you the option to RvR for levels which imho is a welcome inclusion.

I did find it kinda boring and unappealing at first until i found a class i enjoyed and im hoping it keeps my interest as well as others, if only to give blizzard some cause for concern so they put some more work into their pvp system
See I found a class I enjoyed but since "we" decided to switch to order there are no classes I like on that side. I wanted a high dmg melee dps class but the only one is the Witch Hunter which is LAME. I want a rogue like class for the Order.

Im going back to WoW again... (It's the only MMO I can play right now unless AOC rises from the ashes).
Old 10-21-08, 08:14 AM   #59
Hybr1d

If youre after a melee dps, have you tried white lion? True theyre not quite like witch elf, but they are melee focused dps and you can focus on the tree that is more geared towards your personal performance rather than focussing on your pet too much.

AFAIK though, witch hunter is the mirror class of witch elf but i haven't played either class extensively so ill give yo uteh benifit of the doubt that the differences are that major.
Hybr1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-08, 08:55 AM   #60
|MaguS|

I tried the Witch Hunter class and they were so meh, they just didn't feel like they did much damage in comparison. They took far longer to kill someone then the Witch Elf did. I made a Swordmaster and they also just don't do much dmg, they are a melee class but are more like a Tank Lite then anything else. They should be changed to a DPS class, they play alot like the Hunters in WoW but in Melee form...