Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > General Software

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-15-08, 09:18 AM   #205
tornadog
Keeper of the Faith

Default Re: Official Unofficial OSX on your non-Apple hardware thread

yeah I found out that theres a realtek utility that gets installed with the drivers. I could see my AP and connect to it but it keeps connecting and disconnecting every few seconds and it doesnt get an ip address from the dhcp(showing as 169.xxx.xxx.....).

//edit: got it running by setting authentication type to wep instead of wpa2, created a profile and now it stays connected. Also figured out why my games were not running, they didnt like the 16 x 10 resolution, changed to 1024 x 768 and now all the games work instead of giving a blank screen. So now I have a fully working hackintosh install minus printer support!!!
Old 10-02-08, 12:24 PM   #206
SisXtian

I've had my install of the iATKOS v2.0i Leopard 10.5.2 working for several months now. But from the beginning, it's given me a kernel panic whenever more than 2GB is saved out (like exporting video in Quicktime Pro). It's not that it has a problem with large files. I don't know if I need a new kext for the IDE controller or what. This panic does NOT show up when I transfer to an external firewire drive, though. I've transferred over 500GB to that drive in OSX. It's only when files are utilized by my OSX system drive (an IDE drive). I've done a lot of research about this problem, but I'm not really sure how to narrow down what's causing it on my system (memory issue, HDD issue, etc). I have just now deleted the JMicron.kext file and I now get a circle with a slash through it when I try to boot into OSX. I'm a little unsure about the process of using kexthelper, terminal, and rebuilding permissions, and what order all that needs to happen in order to insure that kexts are injected properly. I'm downloading the DS3L-package to see if I can get back into OSX long enough to install that.

Here are my hardware specs in hopes that someone can offer a suggestion for what I need to do.

iATKOS v2.0i Leopard 10.5.2

GA-P35-DS3L Mobo
8GB RAM (OSX recognizes all of it)
Core 2 Quad Intel processor
NVidia quadro FX 370
30GB Western Digital IDE Master HDD (running OSX)
80GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 IDE Slave HDD (running Windows XP)
Intel ICH9 Serial ATA storage controller

I've also never been able to get audio working, but that's a small problem compared to this one.

Let me know if there's any other info needed. Thanks for any help.
SisXtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-08, 09:29 PM   #207
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

I'm downloading iAtkos 4.1 right now and will try to install it tomorrow after I get a Ghost image of my current XP install. Maybe everything will work this time . . .
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-08, 09:31 PM   #208
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
I'm downloading iAtkos 4.1 right now and will try to install it tomorrow after I get a Ghost image of my current XP install. Maybe everything will work this time . . .
gl man!
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-08, 11:27 AM   #209
six_storm

iAtkos 4.1 does not work with my Vostro . . . but fortuantely, my copy of iAtkos BS2.0 still works. I think the only thing I could not get working last time was sound, wireless, shut down and reboot. I looked at InsanelyMac's forums and did a little research to find that the wireless issue is fixed, same for the sound. Got the wireless to work flawlessly but haven't had time to fix the sound. I'm also not sure if the shut down and reboot problems have been fixed either.

Will continue to work on it though.
Old 10-21-08, 12:39 PM   #210
Bearclaw

So, I just upgraded to a X2 dual core. Any chances these work better than the single core? I have a bad time getting anything to work with the single core.
Old 10-21-08, 12:46 PM   #211
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
So, I just upgraded to a X2 dual core. Any chances these work better than the single core? I have a bad time getting anything to work with the single core.
I would say that things should be faster, but I dunno if it will lessen the problems you've been having. Give it a shot.
Old 10-21-08, 12:58 PM   #212
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
I would say that things should be faster, but I dunno if it will lessen the problems you've been having. Give it a shot.
I will give it a try. I got OSX to boot once to the main screen and it WAS AWESOME. I loved it. Then, it never booted again. IT DIED. Sad day.

My just have to go with intel...

Old 10-21-08, 01:04 PM   #213
ViN86

i prefer Kalyway. rock stable for me on my P35 chipset.

i think you need to go Intel to ensure stability, even though most of them say they support AMD
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-08, 01:12 PM   #214
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
i prefer Kalyway. rock stable for me on my P35 chipset.

i think you need to go Intel to ensure stability, even though most of them say they support AMD
+1. Kalyway worked better on my desktop than any other install I've tried, but my stupid Vostro won't install it. I'm still looking for a sound fix . . . but I need to do some work today lol.
Old 10-21-08, 03:26 PM   #215
mythy
Single Male

I don't understand how this thread has 6 pages of piracy and its still not locked

Its ILLEGAL TO RUN OSX ON A PC

Read the license agreement

Does NVnews now support and promote piracy? If so I think its time we make a illegal sub forum for this ****.

---Q6600 @3.45 430FSB - P5K Deluxe---
---1066 5-4-4-12 PL6! - 257 GTX OCed---
---ASUS Xonar DX - Dell 2407 24 LCD---
mythy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-08, 03:58 PM   #216
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythy View Post
I don't understand how this thread has 6 pages of piracy and its still not locked

Its ILLEGAL TO RUN OSX ON A PC

Read the license agreement

Does NVnews now support and promote piracy? If so I think its time we make a illegal sub forum for this ****.
the legality of this thread was brought up a while back.

finally, this thread was PM'd to MikeC before beginning it.

Thanks for commenting on something you know nothing about. This thread does not promote the topic, nor does it release any information about where to obtain any of the files or anything.

so this thread is a FYI-only thread. also, most of the links here go to the InsanelyMac Forums and give information only. NO FILE LINKS.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote