Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-25-08, 04:27 PM   #1
|MaguS|

Default I wana play WoW!

But I have no one to play with, the last time someone has played on my guild has been 3 months... Anyone wana play with me? Im willing to move to another PVP server (Alliance prefer) if someone will mentor me...

Its really the only MMO that I can deal with that is available right now. I have WO but the classes blow in it, AOC is dead and EQ1/2 is just meh... too demanding for joining in so late.
Old 10-25-08, 04:39 PM   #2
Odral
True Gamer

Default Re: I wana play WoW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
But I have no one to play with, the last time someone has played on my guild has been 3 months... Anyone wana play with me? Im willing to move to another PVP server (Alliance prefer) if someone will mentor me...

Its really the only MMO that I can deal with that is available right now. I have WO but the classes blow in it, AOC is dead and EQ1/2 is just meh... too demanding for joining in so late.
Well if you're willing to trasnfer to a PVE server (Madoran) I would be happy to invite you into my guild . We are Alliance and raid quite a bit we are all looking forward to Lich King.

Little bit about us... we are very laid back good group of folks...most of us have full time jobs, married, kids you know work 8-5 and we usually raid in the evenings like around 8pm Pacific time. We are currently almost clear with BT and just messing around right now. Our guild has like 150 members. I would be more then happy to invite you into our guild (Khaos) on Madoran!

our website...http://khaos.dkpsystem.com/news.php
Odral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-08, 04:41 PM   #3
Rakeesh

I'm not sure how much longer I am going to continue playing to be honest.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-08, 04:52 PM   #4
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odral View Post
Well if you're willing to trasnfer to a PVE server (Madoran) I would be happy to invite you into my guild . We are Alliance and raid quite a bit we are all looking forward to Lich King.

Little bit about us... we are very laid back good group of folks...most of us have full time jobs, married, kids you know work 8-5 and we usually raid in the evenings like around 8pm Pacific time. We are currently almost clear with BT and just messing around right now. Our guild has like 150 members. I would be more then happy to invite you into our guild (Khaos) on Madoran!

our website...http://khaos.dkpsystem.com/news.php
Bah, PVE!

Good offer though, relaxed guild that actively plays is temping.
Old 10-25-08, 05:08 PM   #5
Odral
True Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Bah, PVE!

Good offer though, relaxed guild that actively plays is temping.
Magus,

Just create a toon on our server and see how it is, besides leveling is super easy now since they nerfed the xp all the way to 70
Odral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-08, 07:37 PM   #6
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

I renewed my account today(what a hasstle, account managment is broken). I played for about 20 minutes and was bored.

I'll say some of the new talents are cool and the graphics are a bit updated but it's just meh. Acheivenment thing seemed coo but it's 4 years to late.

I was hoping I'd have a renewed interest in it but I just don't think I canget back in it.

Part of it may have to do with selling my first account with my mage and rogue. My second account I went with a hunter and druid and I cannot stand either class. On the same token, i cannot lvl another toon from scratch so that leaves me with probably not playing.

As far as the xp boost. Is it even more then what they were doing from a couple patches ago? My friend was telling me that it was like 300% for the first month with only new accounts?
Old 10-25-08, 11:12 PM   #7
Zelda_fan

I'm on a PvP server Garithos. It's nice. It has a relatively low population so you're not getting ganked left and right, but there is enough people that you gotta be on your toes. Lvl 70 is a breeze with the nerfed XP rates. Just read James Alliance leveling guide. I got from 1 - 70 in literally 7 days of total playtime.

I play pretty sporadically depending on my schedule. And I mainly play PvP. I'm on the battlegrounds right now trying to get some better PvP epics then I want to do arena. My plan is just to play maybe 5 - 10 hours a week doing arena and battlegrounds.

I'm in a good guild that does a lot of high end raiding, but they're real cool. I haven't been on a raid yet, and they just let me PvP with them, and it's a blast. They don't hassel me or anything.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-08, 12:01 AM   #8
Tr1cK
not coming back

I'm on Skullcrusher Horde PvP.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-26-08, 04:30 AM   #9
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
I'm on a PvP server Garithos. It's nice. It has a relatively low population so you're not getting ganked left and right
You'd probably hate me if you were alliance. All I do is gank left and right If it's red, it's dead. I never let allies live once I see them.

And god help you if you were a hunter. I don't merely gank them, I torture them so badly.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 10-26-08, 06:02 AM   #10
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Well since I have the month renewed I'm gonna reroll since I hate my 2 mains with a passion.

Help me decide. I have both mage and a rogue at lvl 33. What route shold I go?

I love the mage probably the most but what worries me is I see lvl 70's running around with 7K health :/. I mean last night I finally spec'ed out my druid boomkin and he starfired once for 4600 on a lvl 71 mob. WTF! So I'd imagine mages get 2 shotted left and right. Especailly with all of the CC. I mean I had a pally and rogue approach me and they slaughtered me fast. I never once was not stunned during it.

This is what I hate about wows pvp. it's just skilless for the most part. 5 second fights that end in 2-4 shots. Every class with nearly all the same moves, just packaged different.

Man I wish War wasn't missing that something

btw, I'm a Ereder with about 5 RL friends. Been on that server since it released that first December the game came out.
Old 10-26-08, 07:37 AM   #11
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
I love the mage probably the most but what worries me is I see lvl 70's running around with 7K health :/. I mean last night I finally spec'ed out my druid boomkin and he starfired once for 4600 on a lvl 71 mob. WTF! So I'd imagine mages get 2 shotted left and right. Especailly with all of the CC. I mean I had a pally and rogue approach me and they slaughtered me fast. I never once was not stunned during it.
Eh...7k health is pretty low. Seriously if I see somebody running around with that much, expect me to kill them very fast. My druid has around 11k health in all of his specs, except his tanking spec which is around 16k.

Have you tried every playstyle your druid has? My main is a druid. For PVE there are 4 different roles to play, and for PVP there are 4 different playstyles as well, each of them very powerful. And were not talking little differences between each spec, were talking huge, like a whole other class when you re-spec, MUCH bigger differences than when other classes re-spec.

As for your starfire hitting for 4600, thats fine and all (well, actually mine crits for 7k) but if people are dumb enough to let you take the time to cast spells like that they deserve what they have coming. In general I agree that PVP is pretty broken right now though. There is a huge problem with people dieing so fast in PVP, and it has really dumbed it down a lot. It is for other reasons than spells with long cast times and high burst being dropped though. Blizzard has talked about it on the forums but they haven't said what they are going to do about it.

Old 10-26-08, 12:09 PM   #12
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post
You'd probably hate me if you were alliance. All I do is gank left and right If it's red, it's dead. I never let allies live once I see them.

And god help you if you were a hunter. I don't merely gank them, I torture them so badly.
I'm at 70 already, so obviously I can deal with it. A lot of ppl gank, but most of the time, if you don't attack someone, they won't attack you back. But if you do, they're coming back with friends most of the time.

I'm a frost mage. We got a real nice buff with 3.02, and my gear is half-decent (got some PvP epics), so I can pretty much hold my own.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote