Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-29-08, 02:09 PM   #205
H4yd3n
Embrace the plague!

Default Re: Crysis Warhead Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaG View Post
Something like BFG
Ah thank you. I need to finish the campaign.

Wars is too addicting though.

- Q6600 @ 3.06GHz @ 1.2V - EVGA GTX 260 216 801/1338/1727 - ABIT IP35 Pro -
- ZALMAN 9700 - CM Stacker 830 - BENQ 24" LCD - 500 GB Seagate HDD -
- G.Skill 4GB 2 x 2 DDR2 - CM 1000W PSU -
- Logitech G500 - Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard - Razer eXactMat -
- Logitech G35 - ASUS Black DVD/CD drive - Windows Vista Home Premium x64 -

Quote:
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."
- Winston Churchill
H4yd3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-08, 03:02 PM   #206
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

ultimate weapon of mass destruction!!
Old 10-31-08, 05:43 AM   #207
RupertBanana
The Best Far Cry player.

I've just finished it...IMO, they should rename it to Crysis "Asshead", ie, you're a asshead for buying it.......guess it'll make for a useful benchmark
Old 10-31-08, 06:24 AM   #208
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

It wasn't THAT bad. Least Psycho had a bit of personality. Not like that blank yank Nomad.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-08, 06:28 AM   #209
RupertBanana
The Best Far Cry player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
It wasn't THAT bad. Least Psycho had a bit of personality. Not like that blank yank Nomad.
I've only played the Crysis demo, but Warhead was supposed to be the hi-octane version of Crysis, so I can see myself falling asleep thru Crysis when I get round to buying it.
My problem with this game is that I didn't like the weapons nor the enemies/aliens.....so graphics aside, it was only okay, been there and done that many times before.
Old 10-31-08, 11:40 AM   #210
glObalist
working as intended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertBanana View Post
I've only played the Crysis demo, but Warhead was supposed to be the hi-octane version of Crysis, so I can see myself falling asleep thru Crysis when I get round to buying it.
My problem with this game is that I didn't like the weapons nor the enemies/aliens.....so graphics aside, it was only okay, been there and done that many times before.
LOL, since you claim you are "Best Far Cry Player", how are the weapons and enemies in Warhead so different from FC to make you not like it?
Quote:
All MMO's are now baby-school weak. The only good MMO's make your eyes bleed and force you to eat glass. In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles *JUST* to log in.
glObalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-08, 11:43 AM   #211
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Psycho is much better character
Old 10-31-08, 02:02 PM   #212
RupertBanana
The Best Far Cry player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glObalist View Post
LOL, since you claim you are "Best Far Cry Player", how are the weapons and enemies in Warhead so different from FC to make you not like it?
I hate the squid "things", and found that the weapons lacked the punch and impact that Far Cry's did.
Also, I didn't enjoy the vehicle action that much either....I found the vehicles to be cumbersome and difficult to shoot with.

I would also rather that it was twice as long and cost the same as a traditional game.

I'm going to buy Crysis so that I can max it on my next system and run it thru a 40in 1080p LCD.

Far Cry "wowed" me as did the Fear demo back in 2005, but none of these latest games have advanced enough for me to get over-excited.

Old 11-05-08, 05:50 PM   #213
Koko56

RB - you and Crysis don't seem to have a good relationship. Don't like the guns and the enemies... :/
Staaayyyy awwwwwaaaaayyyyyyy.

ATM I'm on the bridge of the train mission - after the cut scenes. I have to say - some of the fighting is like Serious Crysis!!! (y'know - Serious Sam ) It's insane! The performance also seems quite a bit better.

I've had a few stability issues and the game can be quite rough around the loading screens... as well as being awkward on alt-tabbing.

EDIT:

Well, I just finished it and overall it's a wicked ride... "high octane" - well no **** there Sherlock! A game like this requires a good "gaming mouse" or just a mouse that fits well into your hand. Also - there was SCAR ammo avaliable almost all the time!!!!! SCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSC ARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCAR
SCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSC ARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCA
SCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSC ARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCAR SCARSCARSCARSCAR
SCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSC ARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCAR SCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCARSCAR

... and it sounds a bit cooler - especially on the single shot mode. However... the availability of the SCAR ammo and the game play in Warhead made SCAR a bit less special. I mean, shooting the SCAR on auto almost breaks my heart. I'm used to just making headshots with it - it's like a quality-mini-sniper-rifle.... almost!

SCAR= for the NKs.
Old 11-06-08, 12:48 AM   #214
RupertBanana
The Best Far Cry player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko56 View Post
RB - you and Crysis don't seem to have a good relationship. Don't like the guns and the enemies... :/
Staaayyyy awwwwwaaaaayyyyyyy.

I'm 40, and I've been playing games since the original Doom{I haven't matured}.....but IMO, games are generally just tech demo's with gameplay being an afterthought.....but that's cool, I didn't spend too much on my new PC{which I needed desperately}, and I'm glad I didn't cause a Nelly Quad and a next gen GPU will kickass.

With the exception of the suit and it's novelties, there's nothing in Warhead that hasn't been done before......and as I said, take away the graphics and the games overall polish and it wouldn't score much more than 7.5/10.

I don't hate the game, but if Crysis and Warhead are the glamour FPSers, then god help me
Old 11-06-08, 05:12 AM   #215
Koko56

Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertBanana View Post
I'm 40, and I've been playing games since the original Doom{I haven't matured}.....but IMO, games are generally just tech demo's with gameplay being an afterthought.....but that's cool, I didn't spend too much on my new PC{which I needed desperately}, and I'm glad I didn't cause a Nelly Quad and a next gen GPU will kickass.

With the exception of the suit and it's novelties, there's nothing in Warhead that hasn't been done before......and as I said, take away the graphics and the games overall polish and it wouldn't score much more than 7.5/10.

I don't hate the game, but if Crysis and Warhead are the glamour FPSers, then god help me
The graphics definitely do add to Crysis/Warhead, as well as the suit. However - Crysis does have those things and that is what makes it so outstanding. For me. I guess you also have to be "willing" to play the game with Crysis.

When Crysis came out and I've finished it I was kind of underwhelmed. Later though, one night I just started playing it - without any particular expectations. I was more or less blown away.

Anyway - I like it.
Old 11-08-08, 01:14 AM   #216
RupertBanana
The Best Far Cry player.

Far Cry2 is going to relegate Warhead back to "asshead" status.