Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-08-08, 12:54 AM   #217
Lfctony

Default Re: Crysis Warhead Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertBanana View Post
Far Cry2 is going to relegate Warhead back to "asshead" status.
Far Cry 2 has received much more negative comments from users compared to Crysis and Warhead. Take a look at the FC2 thread, full of complaints about the game. People complained about Crysis as well, but the disappointment is much more with FC2. FC2 is poor at best, IMO. It claimed too much but it has a very annoying and boring way of implementing them. You either become a taxi driver or a marathon runner with nothing but respawns to keep you busy between missions which require travelling back and forth like a courier...

Oblivion and FO3 also required a lot of walking and moving around but never became tedious like this. The Stalker games also implement this in a much better way...
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-08, 02:09 AM   #218
RupertBanana
The Best Far Cry player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfctony View Post
Far Cry 2 has received much more negative comments from users compared to Crysis and Warhead.
So.....it seems like a slightly different approach to the genre....whereas all Crysis and "Asshead" did was bewilder you with pretty graphics.

I finished "Asshead", and won't bother re-playing it till I can properly max it on my next W7 system, but I prefer the way Far Cry is going about it, granted it could become monotonous.
Old 11-08-08, 02:48 AM   #219
Lfctony

Quote:
So.....it seems like a slightly different approach to the genre....whereas all Crysis and "Asshead" did was bewilder you with pretty graphics.

I finished "Asshead", and won't bother re-playing it till I can properly max it on my next W7 system, but I prefer the way Far Cry is going about it, granted it could become monotonous.
I have mates that finished both games on Medium and Low and loved them. Have you seen how the game looks on low? How is that graphics bedazzling? I'm sorry but I disagree. Crysis is a shooter. It never claimed to be anything else. Its fun for what it does. Far Cry 2 tries but doesn't...
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

Boycott Starforce...

Old 11-08-08, 03:10 AM   #220
RupertBanana
The Best Far Cry player.

Quote:
I have mates that finished both games on Medium and Low and loved them. Have you seen how the game looks on low? How is that graphics bedazzling? I'm sorry but I disagree. Crysis is a shooter. It never claimed to be anything else. Its fun for what it does. Far Cry 2 tries but doesn't...
I haven't finished FC2, but I'm making my judgement based on the game rather than the marketing.

Interesting that you think Crysis is fun....cause it seems as though the manner in which they boosted Warheads tempo was a direct result of poor Crysis gameplay.
Old 11-08-08, 04:26 AM   #221
Lfctony

Quote:
I haven't finished FC2, but I'm making my judgement based on the game rather than the marketing.

Interesting that you think Crysis is fun....cause it seems as though the manner in which they boosted Warheads tempo was a direct result of poor Crysis gameplay.
Well, Crysis had a slower tempo and I played the game mostly using a stealth approach. Warhead was much more action based. Games were pretty different, but I found both fun. Crysis had the silly spaceship part which was very annoying but didn't last long. Warhead was pretty short but still fun. If you have read the recent piracy threads, I tend to download my games first and buy them later. Crysis and Warhead were bought after the game was beat. I felt they deserved my money. Fallout 3 as well. With Far Cry 2 I intended to buy the game on release (the hype you see). Luckily, it was out on the net before it was released so I downloaded instead, intending to buy it on its release date. I ended up disliking the game so much, I found it boring and repetitive and annoying. Clear Sky with all it's bugs was still a better game, and I had to restart that one 3 times from the start! With FC2 I couldn't stand playing more than 15 minutes at a time and couldn't be bothered again with it after 3-4 missions.

Anyway, again, this is only my opinion and we are only exchanging views here. I believe FC2 had a good concept but poor implementation. I like games that give you freedom to explore. I just feel that FC2 doesn't do it well.

Boycott Starforce...

Old 11-08-08, 07:18 AM   #222
Koko56

RB - you like the game, Lfctony and me don't.

There.
Old 11-08-08, 12:18 PM   #223
RupertBanana
The Best Far Cry player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko56 View Post
RB - you like the game, Lfctony and me don't.

There.
Thanks for your contribution
Old 11-08-08, 12:26 PM   #224
RupertBanana
The Best Far Cry player.

Quote:
Anyway, again, this is only my opinion and we are only exchanging views here. I believe FC2 had a good concept but poor implementation. I like games that give you freedom to explore. I just feel that FC2 doesn't do it well.
Considering how seriously you seem to be taking this, I'm going to withold my judgement until I've played more of FC2, but for various reasons, I'm enjoying FC2, even though my sense of direction is fairly ordinary

Old 11-08-08, 12:45 PM   #225
Koko56

Quote:
Considering how seriously you seem to be taking this, I'm going to withold my judgement until I've played more of FC2, but for various reasons, I'm enjoying FC2, even though my sense of direction is fairly ordinary
The graphics are nice! as well as the CPU utilization - about 80%-90% of my 2 cores used IIRC.
Old 11-10-08, 06:20 AM   #226
RupertBanana
The Best Far Cry player.

I just bought "maximum game" and Dead Space
Old 11-12-08, 05:39 AM   #227
RupertBanana
The Best Far Cry player.

The voice of Nomad is "Ridge" from "The Bold and the Beautiful".............he also plays computer games.
Old 11-12-08, 12:07 PM   #228
Lfctony

Quote:

I might seem serious but its only a discussion. Its an exchange of views and unless there's name calling, I don't really mind someone disagreeing with me strongly.

Boycott Starforce...