Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-24-03, 11:33 AM   #1
BorisKurktchie

Send a message via AIM to BorisKurktchie Send a message via Yahoo to BorisKurktchie
Default Nvidia, wine and CS

I have a dual display on a GF ti 4600 and it is working very nice with TwinView.
ok I upgraded to the latest drivers and the latest KDE(this shouldn't have affected anything but...) (I compiled my own Xfree without xinerama) and now all of a sudden when I start any wine games that need to go full screen in 1024x768(thats the highest my monitors can support) instead of going to the right monitor (the DVI one) the game goes in between the screens(aka it splits the game and puts each half on each screen) and it doesn't go full screen, aka i can still see my desktop if it at least spread to the rest of the monitors I could have lived with playing dual headed CS , and whatever I do i can't seem to get the thing to display in only one monitor. here is what i have for my dual setup:
Option "TwinView" "true"
Option "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "31-60"
Option "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "60-75"
Option "MetaModes" "1024x768,1024x768;NULL,1024x786"
Option "TwinViewOrientation" "LeftOf"
Option "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling=aspect-scaled, Dithering=enabled"
and i know this works because I can run xine/mplayer on the DVI or VGA monitor full screen(aka use only one of the screens) when i put the video into full screen mode. I am thinking that wine and the nvidia driver are not happy with each other.... anyone out there that knows what can cause this?
BorisKurktchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-03, 01:57 PM   #2
BorisKurktchie

Send a message via AIM to BorisKurktchie Send a message via Yahoo to BorisKurktchie

for those of you who are having the same problem as me here is the solution:
Move your mouse to the screen you want the wine(full screen that is) app to be and it will spread there... for some reason I noticed that wine just keeps on taking the mouse to the right screen (and i want my game on my left screen which is my DVI screen) so just keep taking the mouse to the screen you want and it should open up full screen no problem. I think this might be a Directx mouse grab issue... and X.
BorisKurktchie is offline   Reply With Quote