Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-14-08, 07:39 AM   #25
K007

Default Re: Wrath of the Lich King!

yea it came out midnight yesterday...well morning...huge queues apparently...
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-08, 10:18 AM   #26
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
I've played it a bit, its pretty good, much better feel to it than BC. They really made some of the quests more fun and interactive.
I really like it. The zones are well done but very crowded with mobs. Some areas open up but most are teaming with mobs and vegetation as in the jungle zone which is very cool.

The deathknight is just silly fun. Nothing beats yelling "GET OVER HERE" as you yank a mob to you and start bashing its head in. This class is the best class in the game, hands down. When you go into Orgramar you get spit on by the NPCs. LOL! I mad a undead deathknight and everyone hates me. This is way cool.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-08, 10:45 AM   #27
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Captn, lol, thats some faction issues you got there.

So far ive just managed to keep my self in the borean tundra, and will prolly hit blight next (saving fjord and grizzly for my lock). They have done a nice job by not having many "kill till you loot such and such number of items off mob" which tend to keep people stuck cleaning out an area for long periods of time. There have been a few quest that require killing mobs that there arnt alot of though, like the longshore men area (with the mist effect because its a phased quest, which is strange because there dosnt seem to be any other event or quest for that area that uses a different phase).

Also hit the nexus instances...REAL nice. Bosses were push over but I love the boss that clones herself into different elements and throws your party around like an amusement ride.
Old 11-14-08, 10:45 AM   #28
Gregor976

Sounds cool. I'll probably pick it up one day next week. I've got a crap load of time off before new year. I'll probably spend part of it camped out in my game room.

Think I'll open my latest bottle of Czech Absinthe, to break in the new death knight. LOL
Gregor976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-08, 11:32 AM   #29
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
Captn, lol, thats some faction issues you got there.

So far ive just managed to keep my self in the borean tundra, and will prolly hit blight next (saving fjord and grizzly for my lock). They have done a nice job by not having many "kill till you loot such and such number of items off mob" which tend to keep people stuck cleaning out an area for long periods of time. There have been a few quest that require killing mobs that there arnt alot of though, like the longshore men area (with the mist effect because its a phased quest, which is strange because there dosnt seem to be any other event or quest for that area that uses a different phase).

Also hit the nexus instances...REAL nice. Bosses were push over but I love the boss that clones herself into different elements and throws your party around like an amusement ride.
It may be a faction issue but they are all yellow to me. They will even throw rotten fruit at you. It's funny as heck.
Old 11-14-08, 12:35 PM   #30
Ghosthunter

better then warhammer?
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-08, 03:01 PM   #31
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthunter View Post
better then warhammer?
Oh way better than Warhammer. I liked Warhammer but it got boring for me. I hope it does well though.

I haven't been in any battles yet so I don't know how the siege engine is. I am having fun questing right now.
Old 11-14-08, 08:27 PM   #32
sammy sung

Some ally dranei warrior dinged 80 on my realm today,25 !! hours after release.Thats just insane imo,i havent even dinged 71 yet ^^ I want this to last for a while , being 70 and doing the same tired dailys gets pretty damn boring and i have no rush to get there for level 80.I like the expansion,fun questing again.

Old 11-15-08, 10:35 AM   #33
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

we had a BE pally ding 80 early last night on Mal'Ganis. I really don't understand someone wanting to hit cap so fast. I mean there is absolutely nothing to do but grind quests for a couple weeks giving normal humans a chance to catch up.

From what I've played so far this expansion easily blows TBC away. I hate questing, and always have, but I just feel compelled to keep going and see whats next. I kept telling myself last night 'I'll do just none more" that one more turned into me leveling to 71.

There is also some really decent gear right off the bat for people who just dinged 70(I hit 79 on my 5th toon Thursday) I'm finding the expansion very enjoyable so far, and I'm glad I came back.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-08, 10:53 AM   #34
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

The people who dinged 80 quick probably have alts to level up too... I'm sure they wont be bored while others catch up.

Ive completely finished borean tundra and done a fair number of quest in dragonblight now. I have to say.. blizz has actually done an amazing job with the number of quest available (which are needed, you have to do like 75 quest for level 70 ^^) and the use of land. Borean and Dragonblight have at least 4 major quest hubs that generally have to do with only the area it is in, and each area is "busy". It doesn't feel like any one hub is sitting on their ass. Also I've encountered like 6-7 quest lines that involve meeting or seeing (past visions) characters playing major rolls, including frostmourns discovery by arthas which is not only awesome, but reveals new information I won't spoil here.

Also the game has featured a number of quest that end with you defeating a bad ass monster, but instead of requiring you to gather 5 people to take down an elite 2-3 levels above you, they in some way supply a force for you. This essentially has you always killing bad ass bosses from 70-80, but at the start you only help in key parts of the encounter while later on I expect you will be charged with heading the force with your own.
Old 11-15-08, 05:29 PM   #35
K007

hmm must..resist....wotlk...
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-08, 10:18 PM   #36
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

Dwarf pally was the first 80 on Windrunner. 21 hours total. That's just nuts.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote