It's just a ride....

Default Re: Call of Duty: World at War Offical Feedback Thread

Yes.
Old 11-15-08, 08:34 AM   #40
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Yet another game I want but cannot get because of the flood of other titles this holiday.
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-08, 10:18 AM   #41
methimpikehoses

I played MP for 3 hours last night...

Rumors of this game sucking are greatly exaggerated.
Old 11-15-08, 10:42 AM   #42
Burnt_Ram

"Can Not Connect with Online Service" what the heck? cant play online hope they get the master server back up sooooon!
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-08, 10:48 AM   #43
bacon12

Quote:
Rumors of this game sucking are definitely exaggerated.
QFT! and most that are saying that have some kind of love affair with COD4.

Yea its down! They should at least do like valve and let you play when the server is down. You just don't have your achievements, but you can still play.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-08, 11:03 AM   #44
jiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixteH View Post
To the untrained eye maybe

I played it at a friends house and saw the rest of the multiplayer maps...about 3 of the maps have potential to be played at a competitive level with heavy modding. The guns are still bad...recoil is the main problem and bullet registration is terrible.

Don't get me wrong...for the casual player the game is excellent and very much like cod4, after all it is what the game is based on. But to make this game work at LAN tournaments it is in need of some modding especially where balance is concerened and to seperate the lame from the skilled would take a lot. RAF1 is working on promod and bulletworm is working on pam, however with the reactions from most of the LAN communities it isnt going to go far.

http://www.tek-9.org/forum/Call_of_D....html#comments

Great game to play on public and single player but the basis for competitive play is let down...what made cod4 great for LAN play isnt there for codWW.

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/cal...y5/review.html
Untrained eye huh? I have played every COD series from day one. I have played competitively in each series through the years. You can't say this game is any different than COD4 because there will be a mod to make it a competitive game just like the others. Sorry, to say but COD4 was a nightmare in CAL, CEVO, TWL , etc. That is why it is dying a fast death in tournament play. COD:WaW will be just as good or better than COD 4 was or is. You are, as a server admin, able to change more server items in COD:WaW than you ever were in COD 4 and I feel this will make it a much better game in the long run. For example you can alter the number of dogs that are released on attack, change health ratios for the whole server, etc. This is good news for public servers at least, and I think it will carry over for those who play in ladders and leagues.
jiffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-08, 11:12 AM   #45
mojoman0

well just gave it a go and while I do like it the sounds in this game are just simply pathetic. Everything sounds like a bb gun. The textures are also much worse than cod4. I think I like it because I'm just so tired of cod4. The new maps and dismemberment are fun.
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-08, 11:36 AM   #46
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffy View Post
Untrained eye huh? I have played every COD series from day one. I have played competitively in each series through the years. You can't say this game is any different than COD4 because there will be a mod to make it a competitive game just like the others. Sorry, to say but COD4 was a nightmare in CAL, CEVO, TWL , etc. That is why it is dying a fast death in tournament play. COD:WaW will be just as good or better than COD 4 was or is. You are, as a server admin, able to change more server items in COD:WaW than you ever were in COD 4 and I feel this will make it a much better game in the long run. For example you can alter the number of dogs that are released on attack, change health ratios for the whole server, etc. This is good news for public servers at least, and I think it will carry over for those who play in ladders and leagues.
CoD4 is dying a fast death...There are over 4000 teams in the Clanbase SD ladder alone...you state cod4 was a nightmare in CAL etc, but you never stated why ?????

CoD:ww wont be as good in tournament play..many communities such as TEK9 are already writing it off before the mods have been released...and you think that because there are more server options to the admins it will make a better game....OK lol you obviously never heard of Promod then. CoD4 had a solid foundation that could be modded to make even better...the basis of the game such as weapon balance, some of the perks, map layout and physics were already good and didnt need much modding....CoD:WW needs a complete overhaul in that respect...weapons are totally unbalanced, map layouts are crap in most of the maps and physics feel wrong...of course there could be mods to make these better but it would take a lot of modding. Expect not to see tanks in maps, almost every new perk and most of the old ones to be removed, killstreak bonuses removed, gun sights removed, heavy weapon damage modifications and the reliability of public mappers to come up with some decent maps that could be excepted in competitive gaming.

BTW i have played every cod and cod tournament mod right from cod1 upto cod4...i played mohaa competitively for 3 years on its release and i have attended LANs for everything inbetween for games such as FEAR, GRAW, QUAKE, UT2004.....oh it goes on n on. As i said W@W is a good singleplayer/multiplayer game but it lacks that essence that made cod4 soo good in competitive play.

I aint getting into a game that may not be supported by most LANs and if it does succeed it will only be for a few month after the mods have been finalised then IW release the next CoD that will indefinately blow it out the water...every way possible.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-08, 12:45 PM   #47
jiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixteH View Post
CoD4 is dying a fast death...There are over 4000 teams in the Clanbase SD ladder alone...you state cod4 was a nightmare in CAL etc, but you never stated why ?????

CoD:ww wont be as good in tournament play..many communities such as TEK9 are already writing it off before the mods have been released...and you think that because there are more server options to the admins it will make a better game....OK lol you obviously never heard of Promod then. CoD4 had a solid foundation that could be modded to make even better...the basis of the game such as weapon balance, some of the perks, map layout and physics were already good and didnt need much modding....CoD:WW needs a complete overhaul in that respect...weapons are totally unbalanced, map layouts are crap in most of the maps and physics feel wrong...of course there could be mods to make these better but it would take a lot of modding. Expect not to see tanks in maps, almost every new perk and most of the old ones to be removed, killstreak bonuses removed, gun sights removed, heavy weapon damage modifications and the reliability of public mappers to come up with some decent maps that could be excepted in competitive gaming.

BTW i have played every cod and cod tournament mod right from cod1 upto cod4...i played mohaa competitively for 3 years on its release and i have attended LANs for everything inbetween for games such as FEAR, GRAW, QUAKE, UT2004.....oh it goes on n on. As i said W@W is a good singleplayer/multiplayer game but it lacks that essence that made cod4 soo good in competitive play.

I aint getting into a game that may not be supported by most LANs and if it does succeed it will only be for a few month after the mods have been finalised then IW release the next CoD that will indefinately blow it out the water...every way possible.
Front page news on clanbase for you:

Call of Duty: World at War Promod confirmed
Maker of the successful Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare competitive 'Promod', Ryan "Raf1" Palmer has confirmed that Promod will return with his latest version for Call of Duty, World at War.

There are also 3,000 on clanbase playing the original COD, so saying 4,000 in COD 4 is not a big deal. I do not live in Europe and the shelf life here for the COD games in competition is much shorter (from what I see on clanbase). COD 2 is not even played much in the US anymore.

And your whole rant on maps, gun balance,etc. is wrong. The perks etc. that you speak of being removed for competition are exactly the same things they removed from COD4. Your arguments against COD:waw are not based on facts beyond you don't like the game play, especially since WaW is so similar to COD 4 in many respects. People that prefer weapons that are not dead accurate will like COD:waw. COD4 was too easy to pick up because the guns are all almost perfect. In COD:waw the guns shoot more erratically, for which I think requires more skill.

And there are many gamers who feel that COD4 has been the worst game out of the series for ladders and leagues, compared to COD, COD:UO, and COD2.

I suspect you don't own the game.
jiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-08, 12:55 PM   #48
Logical

You suspect wrong and what you know about cod games could be written on the back of a postage stamp.

What makes CoDWW good on public is what will be stripped for competition use, thus as a result taking the only thing thats good about the game to try and make it better will fail.

I am quite familiar who RAF1 "Ryan" is...hell i used to have PCW's with his CoD4 team every week and i knew last week he was making a promod for codWW...i also know Bulletworm has been working on his PAM mod for W@W. Stop stating the obvious plz k thnx.
Heres a list of what promod will do for CoD5:WW

Promod:WAW Non-Public Version 1.0 (Pass 3)

Current supported gametypes : SD

The levelling system has been replaced with a class system
The field of view range has changed from 65-80 to 71-90
The gun sway fix has been implemented on all applicable weapons
Rifles and Snipers now kill from body shots
Teams are now named ‘Attack’ and ‘Defense’
Grenade cooking has been removed
Fog has been removed from all maps
Recoil has been increased on all guns, similar but perhaps more than that of CoD1
Firing rate caps have been introduced to all single shot guns
Team based weapons have been added – with a workaround due to having no menus
Pistols are now given depending on your class and team
The bomb is now invisible when planting/defusing
Client side map scripting removed
Entity physics has been disabled
Player names can now be changed during a round
Single bomb has been implemented [Drop is being worked on!]
Dvar Enforcer created
Unified Ruleset loader created
Pistols now have 1.3x movement speed
Sprint has been removed
Connection settings are now forced
Cosmetic Culling is now forced at 9
The CoD4 FPS increases have been implemented
The snipers have had a fix applied
Fire and effects have been removed from all maps
Music has been removed
Auto-aim and Lunge have been removed on the knife
Leader voices have been removed
Sound occlusion/attenuation removed
Sound realdelay removed
Dogs have been removed
UAV has been removed
Artillery has been removed
Perks have been removed
Off hand items have been removed
Missions have been removed
Ready up mode has been added
Strat time has been added
Client bobbing has been removed
The XP bar has been removed
Maps now have full colour saturation
Dynamic lights and shadows are now forced off
3D Objective/World icons have been removed
You now make a noise when trying to plant the bomb
The server name is now appended to show Promod is running in the server browser
Hip spread has been increased plenty for all automatic weapons
There is now a strat time counter
Fixed SD spawning and respawns
Spectator permissions have been limited
Teams now switch at half time
There is now a debugging command to draw your fps
Grenades have been disabled during Ready Up mode
You no longer receive ‘+points’ hud for killing
You now can spawn at any point during ready up or strat time, but not after
Knockback has been reduced
There is a now a TEMPORARY defuse sound. This will be improved come the modding tool kit
Battlechatter has been disabled
MR10 has been implemented as the beta ruleset
Quick switch has been implemented for weapon changing

FYI read the link at TEK9 (the biggest LAN community in Europe) to find out what they think of W@W....dont shoot the messenger.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote